JM Audio Editions XTC Headphones
Nov 12, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #766 of 1,419
Man, if this happened to me I would definitely be asking the amp manufacturer for compensation for an out-of-the-box failure destroying my headphones. If they refused I would be returning the amp for full credit and get something that is more reliable. I am sure you are disappointed.
Yep emailed them twice no response. Also I had my Atriums for a year, they were a month old when I bought them from a guy that upgraded to the Caldera. Because of that I will have to pay from the non original owner bucket, which is slightly more, though original owners would pay also because it was due to equipment failure. I bet if it was my JMs John would have worked something out. That’s another good thing about JM Audio…
The driver failure is weird the phones are outputting out of each channel but sound hollow and some mids like sax disappeared in sections of songs where they were prominent

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #767 of 1,419
Yep emailed them twice no response. Also I had my Atriums for a year, they were a month old when I bought them from a guy that upgraded to the Caldera. Because of that I will have to pay from the non original owner bucket, which is slightly more, though original owners would pay also because it was due to equipment failure. I bet if it was my JMs John would have worked something out. That’s another good thing about JM Audio…
The driver failure is weird the phones are outputting out of each channel but sound hollow and some mids like sax disappeared in sections of songs where they were prominent
Received an email from Burson which I feel better now...
"Hi Michael,

I apologize for the breakdown in communication. Ryan forwarded your email to me, and I have since checked our inboxes. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your previous emails. However, I am here now to assist you!

Regarding your original unit, all Burson amplifiers go through at lest 100 hours of burnt-in and QC before shipping. It appears HiFi Heaven did not correctly install the SP02 modules, which likely caused the distortion. Could you please let me know where you purchased the ZMF from (is Atriums its model name)? We have numerous industry partners in the U.S., and we can assist in getting the damaged driver repaired or replaced.

As for the Voyager and all our amplifiers, they are equipped with headphone/speaker protection. For nearly 20 years, thousands of our customers have confidently used them. In fact, due to our unique cooling design, our amplifiers are arguably the most stable in the industry, regardless of the operating environment. More specifically on the Voyager. So to avoid issues like this, we are shipping all Voyagers with the SP02 modules installed.

Over the years, in the rare cases of headphone or speaker driver damage, we have always worked with our customers and dealers to restore their equipment, regardless of the cause.
Look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for supporting Burson!

Alex"

Nov 13, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #768 of 1,419
will be interesting to read the outcome of this

Nov 13, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #769 of 1,419
Received an email from Burson which I feel better now...
"Hi Michael,

I apologize for the breakdown in communication. Ryan forwarded your email to me, and I have since checked our inboxes. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your previous emails. However, I am here now to assist you!

Regarding your original unit, all Burson amplifiers go through at lest 100 hours of burnt-in and QC before shipping. It appears HiFi Heaven did not correctly install the SP02 modules, which likely caused the distortion. Could you please let me know where you purchased the ZMF from (is Atriums its model name)? We have numerous industry partners in the U.S., and we can assist in getting the damaged driver repaired or replaced.

As for the Voyager and all our amplifiers, they are equipped with headphone/speaker protection. For nearly 20 years, thousands of our customers have confidently used them. In fact, due to our unique cooling design, our amplifiers are arguably the most stable in the industry, regardless of the operating environment. More specifically on the Voyager. So to avoid issues like this, we are shipping all Voyagers with the SP02 modules installed.

Over the years, in the rare cases of headphone or speaker driver damage, we have always worked with our customers and dealers to restore their equipment, regardless of the cause.
Look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for supporting Burson!

Alex"
This seems like a great answer to me, let's hope Burson fixes the problem

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #770 of 1,419
if it had not been for (imo) shockingly bad service from UPS i would now be listening to my new XTC.

they attempted delivery yesterday but took them away as nobody was home, this is perfectly fine.

the tracker said they would be delivered today before 2pm, so i take the day off. (still fine so far)

as 2pm approached and nobody has arrived i tracked again.
the latest update states that the driver was unable to take payment(customs) so delivery failed again.
firstly,
there was no warning that i would have to pay the driver!! normally a payment notice is sent 1st and paid online prior to delivery.
secondly,
nobody actually came to the house to attempt the 2nd delivery today, been here all day and checked our camera footage, nothing!

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #771 of 1,419
if it had not been for (imo) shockingly bad service from UPS i would now be listening to my new XTC.

they attempted delivery yesterday but took them away as nobody was home, this is perfectly fine.

the tracker said they would be delivered today before 2pm, so i take the day off. (still fine so far)

as 2pm approached and nobody has arrived i tracked again.
the latest update states that the driver was unable to take payment(customs) so delivery failed again.
firstly,
there was no warning that i would have to pay the driver!! normally a payment notice is sent 1st and paid online prior to delivery.
secondly,
nobody actually came to the house to attempt the 2nd delivery today, been here all day and checked our camera footage, nothing!

I feel for you, sometimes its down to the actual driver.
Can I ask you how much is the custom fee for you?
Good luck with your delivery. I hope to see your photos and first impressions here soon.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #772 of 1,419
I feel for you, sometimes its down to the actual driver.
Can I ask you how much is the custom fee for you?
Good luck with your delivery. I hope to see your photos and first impressions here soon.
the cost was fine only just over £60.
i was expecting just over double that

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #773 of 1,419
I heard that Fedex and UPS were merging. The new company will be called Fed-Up.

The frustrating wait will be well worth it once you hear these phones. I look forward to learning your impressions.

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #774 of 1,419
I paid mine when the driver came to the door didn't get any notice about having to pay duty prior to delivery although I knew I would have to.
When I got my Meze delivered from South Africa , as soon as they were picked up I received an email asking me to pay the the fee online, which i did got here in about 2 Days.

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #775 of 1,419
tried changing delivery details for safe place.
when you click on this option you have to 1st make an account, then log back in and enroll on their "my choice" service.
then you are asked to input a "infonotice number" which should have been left , i assume, by the driver.
as he didnt come i have no number.
tomorrow is their "final" delivery attempt, so lord knows what happens after strike 3.

just recently had issues with an amp that i purchased from Poland, similar story. (+ it was damaged)

all this is gonna put me off buying from abroad in future

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #776 of 1,419
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Kennerton Vali and Vali JM Edition MK1? Didn’t find a ton online about the 2 versions

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #777 of 1,419
tried changing delivery details for safe place.
when you click on this option you have to 1st make an account, then log back in and enroll on their "my choice" service.
then you are asked to input a "infonotice number" which should have been left , i assume, by the driver.
as he didnt come i have no number.
tomorrow is their "final" delivery attempt, so lord knows what happens after strike 3.

just recently had issues with an amp that i purchased from Poland, similar story. (+ it was damaged)

all this is gonna put me off buying from abroad in future
Eufonika from Poland?

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #779 of 1,419
correct, H5kpcu , great amp for the price
Sorry to hear about your experience.
I have Wieslaws new prototype hybrid or otc. It arrived in perfect condition but does have a hum. He is making the final amp for me now.
Fingers crossed.

Nov 15, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #780 of 1,419
my XTC arrived today.
look stunning and sound stunning out of the box.
no "re-tune" required here.
comfort is top notch too.
if there is better value out there than JM audio then i have never seen it.
John really "goes that extra mile" to make sure customers are happy.

anyone considering a 1st purchase, just do it, i very much doubt you will regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Zhon
Back