Jlab Jbuds J2 Impressions.
Dec 12, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #91 of 214
got my buds from amazon still no reply

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #92 of 214
I just received mine, but no word from JLab on my Red/White and Lambo Yellow JBuds.
frown.gif
I need to know if they'll get here before I leave for the Christmas week, because otherwise I won't be able to stuff any stockings.

JLabJbudsJ2Order.jpg

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #93 of 214
inital out of the box impressions

"mid forward" is a way to put it works great for movies out of my psp which is the main purpose i bought them for

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #94 of 214
My initial impression is similar to jant71's. These definitely need to burn in because they're seriously lacking highs out of the box.

At least I don't have to worry about sibilance!

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #95 of 214
has anyone solved the problem of amazon not-shipping these to overseas destinations?

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #98 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlueKew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

Does anyone here who has purchased the J2 JBuds also have the JVC HAFX66 buds? If possible, could you offer a comparison?

Thanks,

-B

x2 I like my FX66s.

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #99 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received mine, but no word from JLab on my Red/White and Lambo Yellow JBuds.
frown.gif
I need to know if they'll get here before I leave for the Christmas week, because otherwise I won't be able to stuff any stockings.

JLabJbudsJ2Order.jpg

Received the Amazon pair I ordered and a confirmation e-mail for the free pair -- hope it makes it here next week. I ordered another two pair off Amazon and for whatever reason, didn't get the receipt needed to get the BOGOs. Contacted Amazon and they refunded the price of one pair, so will get two J2s and not have to submit anything for the free pair. Four sets is probably enough for stocking stuffers!

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #100 of 214
Please explain to me what team this bonehead is talking about???

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #101 of 214
where i'm from a post like that is just uncalled for

and if you've never heard the common phrase "take one for the team" i suggest coming out from under that rock

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #102 of 214
I have had my J2's for about a week I think. Prior to these I had JVCs. I got them two years ago. I can't remember what they are called, but I know they don't make them anymore, otherwise I would have bought another pair. I liked them a lot. I really wish I could compare them to my J2's to make me feel better about any difference in quality, but the day before I got the J2's in the mail, the left bud died. It was tragic.
Anyway, I have never had anything better than those JVCs, so for anyone out there who can't afford anything over $30, these are pretty great. Especially if you don't know any better. I'm not an audiophile, but I wish I could afford to be one. I'm in college.
The J2's do look really sweet and they are comfortable. I have the black and mint green ones, with purple/lavender on the way. The cord is a length in my opinion. The JVCs cord was at my knees when I stuck my iPod in my sweatshirt pocket. And I'm 6 feet tall.
I'm a huge sap so I was immediately sold when I saw the JLabs audio guy on this board. And then when Brian emailed my to confirm my free pair...well it was a very uplifting moment for me. I love it when companies are personal.
Well, I hope that might have been some assistance to the simpletons like myself. Good luck to JLab and to all future owners of J2 JBuds. And current ones too.

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #103 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where i'm from a post like that is just uncalled for

and if you've never heard the common phrase "take one for the team" i suggest coming out from under that rock

I have...but when pertaining to sports...

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #104 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please explain to me what team this bonehead is talking about???

Well the concept of team is/should be familiar in sports, school, the workplace and even elsewhere. It would mean the Head-fi community, the board members, the people involved in the hobby.

It was really more of a joke as it wasn't much money to shell out to try something unknown.

Yes, Head-fi is pretty much global and some terms and expressions don't register with everyone. I'll probably just change the thread title since my big pet peeve on the forums is wasted/worthless posts. So I'll even take part of the blame myself for causing it. Back on topic.

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #105 of 214
I received my J2's over 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately for me, the housing is just too big, and after 5 minutes of use, the plastic hurts my ears too much to keep in. I don't know if it's me or others are experiencing the same thing.

When I place my CX500's or V-Moda Bass Freq on top of the J2's, there is an obviously huge housing size difference. Maybe if the housing on the J2's were tappered down a bit at the tip end like on the back I good seal could be made without the plastic discomfort.

For the price I have no complaints on the sq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back