JL Audio making Home subs
Oct 30, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #31 of 50
Many subs can reproduce up into the 1000's. But what's the point? It's supposed to be used as a sub. What it does >120hz matters not. Subs are generally crossed over @ 120hz or lower.

I've always used at least a 10" and used a crossover no higher than 100hz.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bazooka's largest tube is only rated down to 30hz. I know not where you got 15hz from.

The specs on that sub from bazooka's website are

Power Handling 300 watts
Power Handling with Liquid Cooling 450 watts
Impedance 4 ohms
Sensitivity 89.9 dB
Frequency Response 16-3500Hz
Recommended Power 50 - 200 watts (RMS)
Voice Coil Size 2.5"

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The specs on that sub from bazooka's website are

Power Handling 300 watts
Power Handling with Liquid Cooling 450 watts
Impedance 4 ohms
Sensitivity 89.9 dB
Frequency Response 16-3500Hz
Recommended Power 50 - 200 watts (RMS)
Voice Coil Size 2.5"

I thought you mentioned a tube earlier. Their tubes are not great products.

16hz you mentioned has to be in-car response. It would do no where near that low in a home.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

I thought you mentioned a tube earlier. Their tubes are not great products.

16hz you mentioned has to be in-car response. It would do no where near that low in a home.

Their tubes are crap. I always thought all of their products were junk until my buddy threw 4 of these in a box he made and they were unbelievable. He hit a 143.3 and people were amazed he didn't have at least 2 twelves.

Anyway, I know this and that about car audio and home audio but I am not a buff by any means, just trying to learn everything I can, I may still try a DIY sub with that Bazooka since I can get them for $50 or so.

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #40 of 50
Found a calculator all it told me was i need a .78 cu ft box with a port tuned to 37.14 hz. So what ever that would get in the house who knows. I don't know I don't want a cheap yamaha or sony sub yet I am not ready to spend $500 I just want to throw away the lifestyle 5 and Acoustimass thats pretending to be a sub in this room.

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Found a calculator all it told me was i need a .78 cu ft box with a port tuned to 37.14 hz. So what ever that would get in the house who knows. I don't know I don't want a cheap yamaha or sony sub yet I am not ready to spend $500 I just want to throw away the lifestyle 5 and Acoustimass thats pretending to be a sub in this room.

I'd say the speakers in my above post, or wait until you're ready to spend at least $430 on the SVS (also in an above post).

Otherwise you're wasting $!

Ported and only 37hz. Terrible bass response!

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

I'd say the speakers in my above post, or wait until you're ready to spend at least $430 on the SVS (also in an above post).

Otherwise you're wasting $!

Ported and only 37hz. Terrible bass response!

admit it it's still better than any acoustimass can do
biggrin.gif
. Also a computer speaker system? no thanks I had one it didnt cut it for me. It just seems this is going the way of the it's not worth buying speakers unless you pay a grand or more. There has to be something else. I am not looking for Earth shattering bass I just want bass that isnt muddy and bloated.

The SVS' look pretty nice maybe I'll start looking at craigslist and keep my eye out for some.

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #43 of 50
Don't group the Z-2300 with other computer speakers. Almost as big of a mistake as using a car sub in home.

The Z-2300 can be used with portable electronic music sources too.

Used SVS: audiogon.

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

You'll regret it. Your time and money wont be well spent using a car sub for in home. See my last post above please for sub info.

And:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...woofer+in+home

i don't agree...i think it would work, but you'd have to choose the right amp...

namely one that is comfortable with a lower resistance (3 ohms) than most average/big-box-store gear, and you'd need one with low pass filters, preferably one with a lot of adjustments...

there's some suggestions in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268758

Users who are viewing this thread

Back