Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #181 of 246
Jie Extremes latest version is sounding pretty good! But I still can only play one track at a time, maybe my PC spec is too low, dunno.

That Foobar copy also has a much more open and detailed sound than that latest foobar player, what's going on there? why does it sound different It is very basic again though, but at least it plays all types of files not just wav.

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #182 of 246
Its a bit buggy but worth the effort IMO. Then again I am willing to make huge compromises in practicality in he name of marginal gains in SQ. For example if I want to listen to an album I have to convert to WAV format on an SSD meaning I only ever have about 10 albums that can be played at maximum quality at any time.

PKShan olayer without reclock sounds unsurprisingly pretty similar to Foobar with direct sound. There is an incisiveness to the sound but at the same time things are not in focus and do not have depth. To my ears JEP is more of a focussed sound with fantastic detail retrieval and timing accuracy throughout the frequencies, the tradeoff is a reduction in "air" or spaciousness, which I actually think is a quality some high performance digital transports posess as well, such as the AP2 or Reflink relative to say JKSPDIF mk3. I find the same tradeoff in Sabre DAC's. Its not a sound for everyone, but it is what I consider to be most accurate.

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #183 of 246
Have you tried the pureplayer from Greece drez? Another good sounding player, but again I have the same problem with all these 'better' sounding players and that is that they all have some kind of inconvenience associated with them which is a bit off putting for regular usage.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #184 of 246
Hi,

I am new to this and I  must admit I haven't through all the correspondences. From what I gather JIE can do the following:

1. read  WAV only.
2. Cannot read audio track directly from audio CD in CDrom, I have to convert the cd track to WAV first.
3. Audio tracks played through AMD, e.g. E450 based PC "may" not sound as good as i3,5,7 based PCs, why?

Those who can answer, my queries above I would  appreciated it.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #185 of 246
Quote:
Have you tried the pureplayer from Greece drez? Another good sounding player, but again I have the same problem with all these 'better' sounding players and that is that they all have some kind of inconvenience associated with them which is a bit off putting for regular usage.

I've tried pureplayer, its more towards the smooth and laid back sound, for my preferences JEP is much more what I am looking for in terms of dynamics, precision and detail retrieval while avoiding harshness.  It's well worth the inconvenience IMO, but maybe not a good idea to use this player while you are doing work for stability concerns.

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #190 of 246
Thanks, Thinkspace, I think what I did was to execute the BAT file in Total Commander (an interface that makes file manipulation easier).
After reading your message, I executed the BAT file under MY Computer, and the Audio Services came back on as you said.
Thanks again.

Mike45

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #191 of 246
Better yet, use one of the players that sound better than JEP, without the bugs and hassles. The pkshan variant of Foobar, Aimp3.5 with the pkshan Foobar ReClock, Daum PotPlayer with the pkshan Foobar ReClock -- they all blow JEP away. It's not a matter of convenience or inconvenience, it's a matter of sound quality. JEP is a nice enough little player, but with its smeared transients and poor low-level detail retrieval, it's just not competitive with the best.

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #192 of 246
Quote:
Better yet, use one of the players that sound better than JEP, without the bugs and hassles. The pkshan variant of Foobar, Aimp3.5 with the pkshan Foobar ReClock, Daum PotPlayer with the pkshan Foobar ReClock -- they all blow JEP away. It's not a matter of convenience or inconvenience, it's a matter of sound quality. JEP is a nice enough little player, but with its smeared transients and poor low-level detail retrieval, it's just not competitive with the best.

I have to wonder why you keep posting here, when you don't even use the software... I think your point got through about three months back when you first posted, no need to insist, you're just be repeating yourself. Everyone here understands you don't like JEP and that you think pkshan foobar and others are much better; good for you, nobody's doubting your opinions, honestly, and people ought to be testing different software. Post on the thread for those programs then and quit flaming here, you're not actually bringing anything to the table in this thread at this point.

Seriously, ask yourself why you're even posting here, or at least say something new and different once in a while, you sound like a broken record...

I've been using JEP 2.4.9 -and the previous versions- for about 3 months now, and I'm still amazed by the exact opposite traits you mentioned that this software has brought me, namely the best transients, decay and detail retrieval I've ever gotten out of computer audio -this is only my opinion, I am not saying you're wrong- and I've tried most of the other audio players out there.

Again, I am not saying you are wrong or that your opinion is crap -if anything your feedback is welcome. I'm just suggesting you keep trying to help out the head-fi community by presenting your opinions of audio players differently, and not just bash on one single program every two weeks...

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #193 of 246
careful when dealing wih thinkspace, he posted a link in my MQn thread on computer audiophile to jep2.4.8.rar for me to download that contains trojans and spyware as per linked report below

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/30838d3d4e300b85952dacb27aa663a8906a379aaaca31c1db7f6e0998835331/analysis/1364763413/

strange way to do business

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #194 of 246
I told you before, I will adopt the hacker way to enhance the sound quality, these stupid antivirus false positives.
You no understand, I did just want to discuss technical issues.
As a technician, analyzing program are you not?

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #195 of 246
I told you before, I will adopt the hacker way to enhance the sound quality, these stupid antivirus false positives.
You no understand, I did just want to discuss technical issues.
As a technician, analyzing program are you not?
Why do we need a custom OS and precache songs on dual channel ram??? Is my ram at 2133 32gb quad channel good enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back