Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Feb 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #169 of 246
Quote:
2.4.9SP access to more system resources, more precise clock control and, of course, more better sound.

Listening as I write, sounds great indeed!

On the other hand, I can't seem to be able to "click and drag" wav files into JEP anymore life before, I have to go through the + button in JEP to add files. Is this normal?

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #170 of 246
Quote:
Listening as I write, sounds great indeed!

On the other hand, I can't seem to be able to "click and drag" wav files into JEP anymore life before, I have to go through the + button in JEP to add files. Is this normal?

Windows 7 has this problem, I recommend that you upgrade to the Windows 8. (64bit)
JEP has better in Windows 8, quantify the improvement, about 15%.

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #171 of 246
Nope, still not making the cut, IMO. Tonally, this latest version is as good as other players out there, but it still has that transient smear problem which reduces the dramatic impact for a lot of music. If all you listen to is string quartets or unaccompanied vocals, fine, but anything with percussion, then there's a problem with JEP -- makes snare drums sound like they're being played with felt mallets.

Any of the latest pkshan Foobar variants or the new AIMP3.5 beta with the pkshan ReClock mod blows this away. IMO, of course; YMMV.

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #172 of 246
Whem I got reclock working with pkshan mods it tended to make things smoother rather than tighter, but less fatiguing than wavout for sure. I have found that larger buffer sizes tend to typically contribute to a smoother sound all things being equal. In my system 2.4.8 has the most eager transients I have heard, using wasapi event, 10ms buffer and playing wav files from SSD. It even verges on sounding fatigue on my system which is very much on the bright side. Maybe there is some other factors at play here, computer audio is very complicated with so many factors coming into play. Maybe reclock is affecting normal WASAPI? Who knows.

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #175 of 246
2.4.9 SP is mind-blowingly good.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #176 of 246
Sounds great! Downloading now!

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #177 of 246
I stumbled on this thread and decided to give 2.4.8 a try. I ran the JEPCFG.BAT with admin privileges and restarted. I added some WAV files into the program and set it up to output through optical out, but I can't get anything to play. I've tried all four versions with different WAV files. It says it's playing for about a tenth of a second and then goes back to the stop position. I've long since disabled UAC, and tried both event and timer modes along with k-lock. Is there anything I'm missing? 

Windows 8 64bit
i5 2500k
12gb RAM
Realtek Optical out to a Yamaha receiver capable of up to 24/192
No SSD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back