Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Dec 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #16 of 246
If you don't mind my broken English, I introduce player features.

1. does JEP bitperfect playback?
Of course, the JEP to use more stringent bitperfect playback, this is the basis of JEP to get a good sound.JEP uses a lot of technology to improve playback quality (clock accuracy, process and thread control, and so on), but does not change the original data.

2. why JEP support only WAV?
Early version supports most of the formats, but I found more format support, sound worse, so now only supports WAV. I didn't want to build a sound mediocre players. JEP was born to the sound quality.

3. why JEP requires a lot of memory?
JEP is a full memory playback, therefore needs a huge amount of memory. In order to ensure quality, JEP using contiguous memory allocation technology, therefore the memory requirements more stringent, is not only the number, and how fast.

4. why JEP only play one?
Please use the administrator privileges to perform JEPCFG.BAT, restart your computer, you can play continuously.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #17 of 246
Press Ctrl+Alt+K, open K-Lock, press close again.
K-Lock prevent other programs from accessing critical kernel, you can effectively enhance the sound quality, the system cannot be shut down, if you experienced a black screen or want to shutdown, press the Ctrl+Alt+K once unlocked.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #18 of 246
Quite interesting thinkspace.

Does the player revert system changes when closing?

Can you explain the differences between the free and the paid versions?

However, I find it rather odd that having more supported formats lowers the overall sound quality.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 246
Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #21 of 246
Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.

can you explain your reasoning behind this?

i'm a skeptic.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #23 of 246
Dec 9, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #27 of 246
Quote:
If you don't mind my broken English, I introduce player features.

1. does JEP bitperfect playback?
Of course, the JEP to use more stringent bitperfect playback, this is the basis of JEP to get a good sound.JEP uses a lot of technology to improve playback quality (clock accuracy, process and thread control, and so on), but does not change the original data.

2. why JEP support only WAV?
Early version supports most of the formats, but I found more format support, sound worse, so now only supports WAV. I didn't want to build a sound mediocre players. JEP was born to the sound quality.

3. why JEP requires a lot of memory?
JEP is a full memory playback, therefore needs a huge amount of memory. In order to ensure quality, JEP using contiguous memory allocation technology, therefore the memory requirements more stringent, is not only the number, and how fast.

4. why JEP only play one?
Please use the administrator privileges to perform JEPCFG.BAT, restart your computer, you can play continuously.

Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?

1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.

2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.

It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #28 of 246
Quote:

It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.

Improve sound is not easy, JEP 2.4 through 100+ test version before publish.
Support other formats easily, but does not reduce the sound is very difficult.
If not for the best sound, do not need a JEP,foobar are enough.

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #29 of 246
I understand where you are coming from and your desire for the best possible sound, I just think as it is the pool of potential users is going to be minute due to the issues I have raised, no FLAC, 8gb of memory, and I think you've lost 95% of potential users.

Purely on sonic grounds, I found it clearly superior to Foobar.

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #30 of 246
Quote:

There are some good points here. Supported format limitations can be circumvented through inconvenience, but the memory requirements exclude all netbooks (actual netbooks, not mobile computers with similar form factors), for instance.

I do find it interesting that an AVX-supported version is available, though. About the regular version, what are the minimum CPU requirements, as well as instruction sets? SSE2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back