JH13 with Crystal Piccolino Cables
Nov 6, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #107 of 117
I just find one cable, that can provide wider sound stage and more bass.
I will provide more information When I finished.

My friend lend me and it use platinum.

Hope this can replace the piccolo.

PS:in Taiwan, You can only find 1m piccolo.So sad.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #108 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by cujobob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any lower priced upgrades available for JH13 cables? I'd love to upgrade over the stock cables, but daaaaamn...

It would be wrong for me to say that its greedy to charge so much...there are plenty of things we buy on a regular basis which cost absolutely nothing to make (soda, clothing, most electronics, etc.)...but trying to justify this by the contents of the cable and R&D is pretty ludicrous. The parts cost is pretty low...and R&D on cables is also very low compared to most any other product available. People are free to charge what they like. Just... geez. People in this hobby accepting these prices are why there are companies getting away with it.

Anyways..

I have a feeling that most people will be pairing cables like this with less than stellar sources, just like in home audio where many hobbyists buy expensive cables but have poorly/incorrectly treated rooms with bad in-room bass response. $800 dollars worth of mods could do an awful lot for your system and probably make more impact. I do hope people will consider other options.

Talk with Craig at Whiplash. I'm getting a new cable from him to try out. Much cheaper than the Piccolo. Much cheaper!

Nov 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #109 of 117
After looking over options, I've realized you can use the best parts quality available and build a nice cable for around $50...these things should take no time to build, as well. If I had experience soldering I'd do it....the price from Whiplash Audio isn't too bad, honestly (compared to alternatives) and comes with the good stuff. Now debating between a new cable or upgrading my DAP...hmm...

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #110 of 117
Btw... I'd like to state that it's Piccolino. Not Piccolo. They're very different cable.

And yes you can do that... But one should always try out another cable before they really decide the difference.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #112 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by cujobob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After looking over options, I've realized you can use the best parts quality available and build a nice cable for around $50...these things should take no time to build, as well. If I had experience soldering I'd do it....the price from Whiplash Audio isn't too bad, honestly (compared to alternatives) and comes with the good stuff. Now debating between a new cable or upgrading my DAP...hmm...

Let's just say that upgrading your source or amplification is way, way more important as opposed to purchasing some "boutique" cables.

Nov 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #114 of 117
Jaben explained that they exclusively had Piccolino, that it's a finely stranded wire optimized for portables, while the Piccolo is a stiffer interconnect wire.

Nov 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #115 of 117
The Whiplash cable is ridiculously well priced. If you were to buy that wire from him at $11 a foot (keeping in mind it's the best OCC silver money can buy, far beyond regular silver that I've tried) you could hardly buy the wire alone to make a 4 foot cable for $180 with shipping.

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #117 of 117

Quote:
At least that is what Kevin emailed my tonight. I ordered the Piccolino headphone cable and a 10 inch 3.5 to 3.5 interconnect so the full link is Piccolo. They appear to be on back order because I ordered about the 20 of last month and it said 46 in stock on the sight and they couldn't fill my order till now. Get in line boys.

I don't think I can justify this buy.... would love to demo it, but the cable would be as much as jh16's..... which is crazy to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back