JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie
Jan 27, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #166 of 182
its not as bad elsewhere. Jh has really been focused on the asian market where the audiophile boom is much larger than western countries, particularly japan, singapore, china and hong kong. And like any businessman he's trying to ride the wave.

Jerry and Andrew Regan both personally visit and get to know the dealers here when they visit because thats how much they appreciate their business ( https://www.facebook.com/andrew.regan.71/posts/720876281307469 )

See the thread below. 1 demo and 2 extra units to a dealer, a single dealer. the one i usually go to has a demo unit + extras too, all of whom received theirs on the 21st. All dealers and distributor say the rest are arriving at end of the month, meaning by saturday. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread

ymmv i guess

Edit: Its not just JH actually. Aurisonics and Noble (to name a few) have become really popular here lately as well.

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #167 of 182
Yeah that's a bit bs, as I am waiting on my Layla for review, and by the time it comes out in the US it will be pointless.

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #168 of 182
  Yeah that's a bit bs, as I am waiting on my Layla for review, and by the time it comes out in the US it will be pointless.

I sense a new wave of complaints upcoming, when those waiting for the universals will not be receiving theirs before they start taking orders for the customs.

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #169 of 182
I actually don't mind it being pushed to Feb, as I originally think that Jan is pushing it.  The thing is that if they have this much trouble fielding universal versions, what makes the situation for customs any better?  Just remember what happened, and still happening, to the custom CF Roxanne.

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #170 of 182
  I actually don't mind it being pushed to Feb, as I originally think that Jan is pushing it.  The thing is that if they have this much trouble fielding universal versions, what makes the situation for customs any better?  Just remember what happened, and still happening, to the custom CF Roxanne.

Agreed. I fear the situation for custom versions of the Layla and Angie will be similar to that of the Roxanne. Moreover, it's not just 1 Siren now, it's 2, with the Angie shaping up to be a popular choice, considering its lower price tag. Besides, the Roxanne is still on the market, so JH actually has 5 fan favorite IEMs to choose from in the next few months - the 3 Sirens, the JH13, and the JH16. Talk about a full plate.

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #171 of 182
Agreed. I fear the situation for custom versions of the Layla and Angie will be similar to that of the Roxanne. Moreover, it's not just 1 Siren now, it's 2, with the Angie shaping up to be a popular choice, considering its lower price tag. Besides, the Roxanne is still on the market, so JH actually has 5 fan favorite IEMs to choose from in the next few months - the 3 Sirens, the JH13, and the JH16. Talk about a full plate.

I heard the current etd for the CIEM versions are middle of the year. As for the universals, apparently jh does not sell them. Ak does. That may explain the Asian focus.

Source: Angie (yes, really!) from JHA.

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #172 of 182
I heard the current etd for the CIEM versions are middle of the year. As for the universals, apparently jh does not sell them. Ak does. That may explain the Asian focus.

Source: Angie (yes, really!) from JHA.

I see. Is that ETD the estimated time when the first custom units are shipped out to customers, or the approximate time when the custom versions are finally available for order? Probably the latter? I guess with the delays with the universal Sirens, the custom versions are equally postponed.

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #173 of 182
  its not as bad elsewhere. Jh has really been focused on the asian market where the audiophile boom is much larger than western countries, particularly japan, singapore, china and hong kong. And like any businessman he's trying to ride the wave.

Jerry and Andrew Regan both personally visit and get to know the dealers here when they visit because thats how much they appreciate their business ( https://www.facebook.com/andrew.regan.71/posts/720876281307469 )

See the thread below. 1 demo and 2 extra units to a dealer, a single dealer. the one i usually go to has a demo unit + extras too, all of whom received theirs on the 21st. All dealers and distributor say the rest are arriving at end of the month, meaning by saturday. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread

ymmv i guess

Edit: Its not just JH actually. Aurisonics and Noble (to name a few) have become really popular here lately as well. Noble received so many orders the distributor was asked to stopped taking orders of customs.

I am not sure where you are getting this information regarding Noble.  Brannan and I (the owners of Noble) have not made such a request.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #174 of 182
I've been told directly by dealers that the distributor had to stop taking orders on behalf of noble and was told if I wanted ciem I had to order direct :frowning2: (edit: because you guys are just too popular now)

Apologies for giving out the wrong info Dr Moulton I have edited my original post

Everyone knows the wizard, I lurk on the noble thread for your gorgeous photos all the time :wink:

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #175 of 182

No full CF (at least without a significant upcharge) or new connector teething pains should help keep things on track but it is a large plate with universals now in the mix. I wouldn't expect Roxanne type delays but I bet these new units become very popular which always causes some lag.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #176 of 182
I went to the shop for twice in this week but I have no chance to try the angie again as everytime there was people listening it for long time and the people who was listening to Layla leave when I come LOL so I just kept listening to the Layla...
Layla is slightly harder to drive compare to Roxanne. When connecting Roxanne to AK240, I always turn the volume to around 38. But for Layla, it will be 41 something.
This beautiful lady is truly a great singer - the vocals it produce are extremely detailed and realistic, I can hear those very weak echo of the singer's voice trough Layla which I haven't heard from the K10U. The touch of lips, teeth and singer's breath are very clear. The bass is also very high quality - not about being very powerfully punchy or not, it's about reproducing the original sound track. Let me give you an example. There is a song called "Even Heaven" by Aimer (a Japanese female singer). Don't know anyone heard that before (btw can't find this song on Youtube), it has few times of very low and slow bass (imagine a long and short sine wave) in the intro part, which if you play it with some good speakers that can produce very low frequency clearly, you will see the speaker cone move so violently and feels like they are going to pops out of the frame. While listening to that part with earphones, for most of them I can only hear some very muddy bass and can't really feel that "wave". Only Some flagships can do that well but still just barely satisfy me (I am only talking about non-custom IEM in here). The Layla, simply stands out from them. it even perform close to my electrostatic headphone (AirBow SC-21) on the aspect of reproducing correct bass. From this part I am kind of agree that JH Audio really designed Layla for record mastering.

And today I asked the local shop if I can cancel the CM Roxanne order and buy Layla from them later. They said they will contact the agent of JHA in Hong Kong and reply me tmr...Hope there will be good news for me ><

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #177 of 182
I am anxious to try out one of the Siren series universals.  I have had my JH16's for about 2 years now and every time I strap them on, my jaw drops and I just say, "WOW"....I can't imagine anything from JH sounding better (or maybe they are just different signatures), but I'm willing to try !

Great info on this thread, the input is very much appreciated.

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #179 of 182
Tried the Angie, loved them a lot, bought them and am enjoying them every day :heart_eyes:

Same here!  I'm using them more than my custom Roxanne's actually... I prefer the lighter balance of Angie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back