JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie
Jan 24, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #151 of 182
Thanks for your impressions!

How would you describe the clarity and detail on the Layla in comparison with the K10? I understand that you prefer the Roxanne and the Layla over the K10, but how would the Layla compare sonically with Noble's flagship? Thanks in advance.

for clarity, layla doesnt make me "feel" it as clear and transparent as the k10, as layla still have that kind of hazy background like the Roxanne(but just very slightly). if you are talking about details, Layla shows more micro details for me compare to k10.
But besides the bass of them sound quite different. K10 has a bigger and more powerful bass, while the bass of layla sounds more accurate, having more texture and details.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #152 of 182
man, all these things about layla, layla, layla..  what about angie?!

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #156 of 182
for clarity, layla doesnt make me "feel" it as clear and transparent as the k10, as layla still have that kind of hazy background like the Roxanne(but just very slightly). if you are talking about details, Layla shows more micro details for me compare to k10.
But besides the bass of them sound quite different. K10 has a bigger and more powerful bass, while the bass of layla sounds more accurate, having more texture and details.

Nice impressions, windwolf447.

Sounds like the Layla could use a little more running in before the hazy background lifts.
Maybe can give them a try again a week later after they have some more runtime.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #157 of 182
Nice impressions, windwolf447.

Sounds like the Layla could use a little more running in before the hazy background lifts.
Maybe can give them a try again a week later after they have some more runtime.

I will definitely go try it again later. But to be honest, I think th hazy background is more like their sound signature rather then a not-burn-in yet problem. I used my UF Roxanne for more then a month and I still feel that kind of hazy thing on the day I sold it. But personally I am ok with it as it adds some sort of atmosphere to the music.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #158 of 182
I will definitely go try it again later. But to be honest, I think th hazy background is more like their sound signature rather then a not-burn-in yet problem. I used my UF Roxanne for more then a month and I still feel that kind of hazy thing on the day I sold it. But personally I am ok with it as it adds some sort of atmosphere to the music.

Perhaps. Not everyone believe in burn-in.

Then again popular demo units at the store have much more usage over the same time compared to our personal gears.
So lets see where this takes us. Eager to see your next impressions. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #159 of 182

Thanks!

Yes, I agree with you regarding the "hazy" background found on the Roxanne. Clarity and details can be found, but if you're not specifically looking for it, the Roxanne sounds dark and somewhat muted compared to the K10.

Anyway, your comparison has me even more excited to try the Layla. 
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #161 of 182
angie has a very up front vocal, and bassy. Not my preference.

with the bass adjustment box in what position?

angie has a very up front vocal, and bassy. Not my preference.

MINIMUM 

That's the opposite of Jude's take and mine as well. May have been a fit or other issue. The Roxanne was too thick for me. I don't hear haze in the new models but am aware of the noise floor of the source recording etc. For me, that's a good thing. These do not sound sparkley or enhanced. You can tell I really like these and actually slightly preferred the Angie straight out of an AK240 without adjusting their controls. Don't know where they were set but likely whatever the factory defaults are. That preference could easily change with some adjustment.

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #163 of 182
Just got an email from ES that both the Layla and Angie got pushed to mid-Feb...

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #164 of 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Back