JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
May 29, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #91 of 329
4b0f83a826b2c8b2eb1f815031f12a83.jpg

Perfect couple.
Rosie; sub-zero bass, he plays very realistic.

E5553 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

hifiman 901s?

May 29, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #95 of 329
I agree with you.But the treble is too bright at the ONKYO.In FiiO x7 but no problem.They are compatible with rosie x7.
i concur too well that is of course dependent on the user hehe

May 29, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #96 of 329
You can try ACG balanced out and up sampling to smooth out the highs on the DP-X1.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #97 of 329

If I can only have one, that choice is easily Laylas because they scale with better components whereas Rosie does not.

I wouldn't say they don't scale.
My Rosie with Phone or x3ii vs Rosie with mojo is night and day.

Though I would imagine the Layla does have more headroom for improvement.

I have only auditioned the Layla, so I cannot argue there.

*Cough* my Rosies are currently up for sale if interested lol.  Shameless plug.

I am no longer going to be commuting or I would keep them.  Its just hard to justify them sitting in a drawer at home.

Scott

Is the sound on the rosie good straight from the phone? 

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #98 of 329
Is the sound on the rosie good straight from the phone? 

I have the Rosie on my Sony Xperia Z3V and I think they sound good although I don't have many sources available excluding my Magni at home.

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #99 of 329
I just noticed you already mentioned your source. Are you using viper4android or which equalizer are you using?

V4A is the best eq I've ever used. Ironically I don't touch the eq itself but I use the bass boost at the bottom and the spectrum extension. Everything else I don't mess with.

I've noticed a few people mention the Rosie does very well with metal. How do you guys (and gals?) think it compares to the Angies? I've had the Angies v1 but its been awhile. Debating between these and the Angies v2. I love the upgrades.

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #100 of 329
V4A is the best eq I've ever used. Ironically I don't touch the eq itself but I use the bass boost at the bottom and the spectrum extension. Everything else I don't mess with.

I've noticed a few people mention the Rosie does very well with metal. How do you guys (and gals?) think it compares to the Angies? I've had the Angies v1 but its been awhile. Debating between these and the Angies v2. I love the upgrades.

I'm selling the Angie v2 if your interested.  I will give them to you for less than retail and they still have warranty.  I got them brand new last Friday.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #101 of 329

For metal definitely Rosie better than Angie...

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #103 of 329
Angie is great for vocals and jazz. Rosie is more accommodating for pop and metal...

So far that's what I've been getting at. I've read there is still some mid bass bump but tbh I don't mind it to some extent. It can't be as bad as the W60's. 

Angie is great for vocals and jazz. Rosie is more accommodating for more genres of music esp pop and metal...

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #104 of 329
Out of curiosity would anyone mind listening to this track and letting me know how it sounds to them on the Rosie? Bonus points if you have the Angie's to compare. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ycHY1FA3Zc

It is a metal track that has a very warm guitar that is a very good indicator (at least to my ears) of the mid bass of cans. If it's too thick then I probably wont like them in the long run but if it's warm but not overly saturated I'll love them in the long run. All Westone IEM's sound very thick and gooey and not in a good way to my ears. The SE846's are nimble and warm without being thick. 

That album is also a good indication of sibilance with the cymbals being clear and detailed. The bass is also growly, low and punchy without taking up too much of the overall sound. Very well miced and mixed imo. 

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #105 of 329
Hello,
I have Just ordered my JH Angie II and it is on the way but I am little curious why you are selling yours that quick ,you got it last Friday, Is there any concern you would share with me otherwise I can cancel my order
thanks and appreciated 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back