JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
May 27, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #76 of 329

That's up to you LOL. I got the Rosie because I thought I got too many strangers staring at my Laylas! But given the amount of ambient noise and just using my DAP, there is essential no sound quality difference with any of the above.

so layla or rosie though?

May 27, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #77 of 329

so layla or rosie though?

If I can only have one, that choice is easily Laylas because they scale with better components whereas Rosie does not.

May 28, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #78 of 329

If I can only have one, that choice is easily Laylas because they scale with better components whereas Rosie does not.

I wouldn't say they don't scale.
My Rosie with Phone or x3ii vs Rosie with mojo is night and day.

Though I would imagine the Layla does have more headroom for improvement.

I have only auditioned the Layla, so I cannot argue there.

*Cough* my Rosies are currently up for sale if interested lol.  Shameless plug.

I am no longer going to be commuting or I would keep them.  Its just hard to justify them sitting in a drawer at home.

Scott

May 28, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #79 of 329
thats interesting. I am just afraid shell is too big for my ears and caused fatigue. Have auditioned them for a mere 15 minutes.

May 28, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #80 of 329

I wouldn't say they don't scale.
My Rosie with Phone or x3ii vs Rosie with mojo is night and day.

Scott

Agree. I should have clarified to "compared to Laylas". On a positive, Rosies are not a picky as Laylas are on source. Laylas can sound pretty bad with poor pairings - very dark and muddy.

thats interesting. I am just afraid shell is too big for my ears and caused fatigue. Have auditioned them for a mere 15 minutes.

Laylas definitely will stick out quite a bit. However, it is designed as a true universal so it should fit most people's ears. Your tip choice will have a much bigger impact on comfort. The Laylas don't feel too big IMHO. I should clarify that I have the carbon version of Layla and not the titanium one.

May 28, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #81 of 329

Agree. I should have clarified to "compared to Laylas". On a positive, Rosies are not a picky as Laylas are on source. Laylas can sound pretty bad with poor pairings - very dark and muddy.

Laylas definitely will stick out quite a bit. However, it is designed as a true universal so it should fit most people's ears. Your tip choice will have a much bigger impact on comfort. The Laylas don't feel too big IMHO. I should clarify that I have the carbon version of Layla and not the titanium one.

This is also true.  While you might feel a bit dorky with them sticking out, comfort is never an issue.
I had some comfort issues with the earlier Roxanne universals, however the new range I have had zero comfort issues.

May 28, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #82 of 329

tried the rosie once and felt it was too big for my ears
eek.gif

May 28, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #83 of 329
I felt that way at first coming from other IEMs, though previously I had the Ref1 and the Rosie sat better than those.

While they sit out a bit, they are very comfy.  I find they sit in my ear nicely and dont rely on the cable and ear canal too much to stay put.

May 29, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #86 of 329
thanks much @bflat
! looks like i need to get a feel of the sound and fit before i can put my hands down on one of them. Inclined more towards the Rosie's though :wink:
same for me is the fit. Gonna demo it again with different tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back