JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #286 of 329
Just picked up a pair of Rosies, along with a Kann portable player for a great sale price from the folks at Headamp.com. So far, I'm very impressed with the combo. I am using the balanced cable on the Rosie, and the sound from the Kann is dead quiet. For now, leaving the bass at the 7:00 (flat) position. The entire frequency spectrum is presented with amazing clarity and detail. The midrange is among the best I've heard from any dynamic headphone, especially IEM's. The treble playback is extended, but not too hot.

Overall, very happy with this combo.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #289 of 329
IMHO, e70 better than Rosie for less money. Just my two cents, can't believe so many are sleeping on the ath-e70.
Actually, I paid less for the Rosie than what the going price is on Amazon for the e70. The Rosie comes with both balanced and unbalanced cable connection. I think the Rosie in balanced probably sounds better than the e70 unbalanced. (IMHO).

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #294 of 329
They (Rosie's) sound very good to me on the Kann. DSD files really sound clean,detailed, and extended with the Kann. Regular FLAC files sound excellent as well.

With the Rosie's, noticed that the high gain is generally not needed with a large percentage of recordings.

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #297 of 329
The Kann is amazing battery life phenomenonal
Sound is also amazing,design wise it looks great and feels good in hand. Also love screen and button placements,Sonically kann is also amazing

Jan 7, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #298 of 329
Sound is also amazing,design wise it looks great and feels good in hand. Also love screen and button placements,Sonically kann is also amazing

Totally agree. Using the Kann with the JH Audio Rosie IEM's with balanced cables is extremely enjoyable. I think it's in the sweet spot of price/performance ratio (best bang for the buck).

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #299 of 329

Totally agree. Using the Kann with the JH Audio Rosie IEM's with balanced cables is extremely enjoyable. I think it's in the sweet spot of price/performance ratio (best bang for the buck).

That was what I was worrying you'd say! Thank you for your feedback! :)

On my Rosies I feel like on the same settings (podtuned to 9 o clock), the sound through the unbalanced cable is bassier than the balanced (?) Has anyone else experienced this?

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #300 of 329
Congrats I have Kann, rosie 8 balanced armature model, loving it
1I also have not adjusted bass
Hi, Where did you buy the 8 BA driver model. AK site only has the 6 BA model listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back