JH Audio Michelle - New Affordable Triple Driver IEM!
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #91 of 111
  I managed to score a heart-to-heart session with Michelle recently. At first I had to do a double take; these were the most dynamic sounding BA IEMs I've ever heard. That bass, that darkness, that... that lack of treble...

In fact, I think there's a little too much bass. It stumbles over the mids a little and tends to be a little boomy in the mid-bass, though sub-bass rumble and power is rather exceptional. Mids are smooth, rich though a little veiled, and the treble manages to sparkle a little before jumping off a cliff. Or it could be the monstrous bass clouding the highs, who knows.

That description ticks all my boxes. Don't know if I should get another BA iem though...or save for something entirely new, like the iSines.

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #92 of 111
Now my target in next year is JHAudio Michelle, Earsonics ES3 or AKG N40. Michelle is really good for my ears, oh god why my target is (relatively to me) expensive.
I've tried Michelle. (with my current preference). IMO (as usual take with grain of salt)... Michelle don't have so much bass and controlled, Nice PRaT. Perfect thickness. the treble is sparkly enough and doesn't sounds metallic. Good width with almost good depth (just read it "the soundstage is not very 3D") and good separation. Not detail monster. Very fun IEM, really recommended for $499 (btw in my country the price is $550 with taxes and store warranty)
I hope ES3 really upgrade from SM64V2 (which I liked it too), have a chance to trying N40, and have money to buy between those...

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #93 of 111
Does anyone have pictures with these actually in the ears?? I still can't believe JH would make them stick out so far that they are in the girl's ears...I wonder if they really sit this flush 

http://www.imgrum.net/media/1378183178460499625_1720078715

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #94 of 111
Now my target in next year is JHAudio Michelle, Earsonics ES3 or AKG N40. Michelle is really good for my ears, oh god why my target is (relatively to me) expensive.
I've tried Michelle. (with my current preference). IMO (as usual take with grain of salt)... Michelle don't have so much bass and controlled, Nice PRaT. Perfect thickness. the treble is sparkly enough and doesn't sounds metallic. Good width with almost good depth (just read it "the soundstage is not very 3D") and good separation. Not detail monster. Very fun IEM, really recommended for $499 (btw in my country the price is $550 with taxes and store warranty)

I hope ES3 really upgrade from SM64V2 (which I liked it too), have a chance to trying N40, and have money to buy between those...
es3 is an upgrade from Michelle imo

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #97 of 111
Seems like an attractive price point for a 3BA. I'm interested, but also wonder that with warmer weather ahead, how sweat might get in there and damage the electronics.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #98 of 111
Actually your are both wrong. The Michelle is hand built in Orlando and is limited production. It is really a great value for the  money. It is built the same way all of our customs are built. The shell is 3 d printed and is 40% smaller than our past universals. The also incert further into your canal insuring a better seal.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #100 of 111
I really like Michelle for rock and metal.
I have changed the stock cable to Effect Audio Eros 2+.
It helps flesh out midrange a bi, control the bass better and have right amount of treble (not to the verge of sibilence).
Great value.
I personally like Michelle even more than Rosie, which its treble bites my ears at times.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #101 of 111
anyone have some tips on best fit for Michelle
will a pair of foam tip allows them to be inserted deeper?
they always snug out of my ears and here in Thailand almost no one has been able able to wear them properly
I like the sound but the discomfort is killing me

Sep 9, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #103 of 111
Had the opportunity to try Michelle for a few days. What a great surprise. Owned the bulky midbassy Roxanne V1 and these are completely diferent, small, very well built. Soundwise, balanced with slight forward mids and never sibilant treble. A joy to listen. The review posted here said they are bassy . Don't agree at all.
The best parte is the fit. I have big ears and the long nozzle help for a CIEM like fit. Amazing.
I have some experience with IEM and these sound like much more expensive ones with a CIEM like fit.
Wholehearted recommended.

Oct 28, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #104 of 111
This iem is under rated at it's price point(I guess this is due to how much JH has ridiculously stretched their pricing).

I think the reason is JH is wrongly putting products out or marketting and pricing them.

Both Laylas are nothing special for their price points. Huge, awkward fit, and not innovative with more drivers equal better bull. That undermines other iems in their line, and also creates suspicion and brings our trust in their products and their reputation down. Good valued products speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back