JH Audio Michelle - New Affordable Triple Driver IEM!
Nov 5, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #62 of 111
@audio123

Could you please explain a little more what you find "bad" about these in-ears' treble? Resolution, quantity, spikes, dips, what is it?

Saying the treble is "bad" is as useful as saying that a certain car is "bad" without elaborating on in what ways it is "bad". 

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #63 of 111
@audio123

Could you please explain a little more what you find "bad" about these in-ears' treble? Resolution, quantity, spikes, dips, what is it?

Saying the treble is "bad" is as useful as saying that a certain car is "bad" without elaborating on in what ways it is "bad". 
there is a constraint on the extension. The michelle works best for songs without emphasis on treble

Nov 5, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #64 of 111

I think the extension problem on high caused by bundle slicon tips.
That tips cover the Michelle's nozzle almost 1/3....;;;;
(Can't understand why JHA did this;;;:wink:
Well....
That thing also makes little bit excessive boosting in low too.

and... I found a solution for this issue by matching
over than 20 kinds of tips...

Rozet Memory Foam-tips gave me better high and low with Michelle...
If you are owner, just give a shot tho ^^*

Nov 5, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #65 of 111

Well....
That thing also makes little bit excessive boosting in low too.

and... I found a solution for this issue by matching
over than 20 kinds of tips...

Rozet Memory Foam-tips gave me better high and low with Michelle...
If you are owner, just give a shot tho ^^*
yes you are right. That the point I am driving at

Nov 5, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #66 of 111
Well....

That could explain a lot indeed.
They already did this with Angies as well, seems like they just don't care about providing tips with the right diameter.
Adapting tips with large bore diameter usually end up with more open sound; although it's not an absolute rule.

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #67 of 111

... They already did this with Angies as well, seems like they just don't care about providing tips with the right diameter...

It's true that the "OEM" silicon have slightly narrower openings than the supplied foamies (Comply) but I think they are still okay...
30155187913_98a300efd4_c.jpg

27000968750_44fa8f58bc_c.jpg

But ATM I use Spinfits and their opening is actually narrower than both the Complys and OEM silicons
eek.gif

But seeing as with the Angies there's no lack of treble response it should be okay
wink.gif

30790883955_3e062624c5_c.jpg

However in the case of Michelle (or Rosie or Roxanne...) the tips will certainly play a more important role in treble response!

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #68 of 111

Man, you've done it again...

Bad/good doesn't mean much, please stop using those words without any context.
Please define what you don't like in the treble, so we can clearly understand what you don't like.
Thank you.

so do you still trust me lol after an owner of michelle agreed with my view

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #70 of 111
Visited a retailer yesterday but left the shop empty handed because i couldn't decide between Michelle and um 30 pro (maybe i should've just gotten both). She has the similar amount of attack in the mids and bass region like the um 30 pro just the treble is slightly more sparkly. She destroys the um 30 pro with her sound stage and instrument separation, I could focus on every instrument in a track with ease while in the 30 pro sometimes pianos get mashed up with the other instruments (though still focusable/retrievable but just requires more focus than the michelle which I did not need to try focusing as the pianos just jump at you with ease when it's called upon).

um 30 pro wins in attack and speed. Bass and drums are still tighter and punchier on the um 30 pro and it just sounds a slightly tiny bit more natural IMO (no audiophile here). I noticed that although the michelle has a punchy bass, there is a tad more sub bass in it which makes it feel more meatier. There is noticeably more boom than the um 30 pro but rest assured i do not mean that it sounds boomy. The boom is very controlled, just that the um 30 pro's boom ends faster. Also I did prefer how the vocals were presented in the michelle. They were centered and slightly forward among the rest of the instruments but not as in your face as the um 30 pros.

Comparing michelle to my W60s I would say that i prefer the michelle ONLY because of the attack and slam. The W60 still sounds the most natural among my collections but is really laid back and is only good if I'm in the chill mode.

Tough decisions. Looking forward to more impressions from you guys to confirm if I'm right or wrong before deciding.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #71 of 111
I'm tempted by Michelle but i still have some questions :
1- Michelle is smaller than her sisters but is she small enought to ben use comfortably in bed with head in the pillow ?
2- It's great than Michelle Côme with balanced and unbalanced cable but does the câbles has mémoire wire ? I hope not because i just can't stand it

Thx

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #72 of 111
I'm tempted by Michelle but i still have some questions :
1- Michelle is smaller than her sisters but is she small enought to ben use comfortably in bed with head in the pillow ?
2- It's great than Michelle Côme with balanced and unbalanced cable but does the câbles has mémoire wire ? I hope not because i just can't stand it

Thx

The size is much smaller but....
the nozzle length is pretty long. 
Because of that reason..
I don't think it is possible to use in bed for some have short ear kernels.
I can do... but not that comfort...

If you change other ear-tips not cover nozzle entry,
better sound in 2.5 BAL. 

Nah... michelle's cable is not twisted at all by memoire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back