JH Audio Lola Impressions and Discussions
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #181 of 739
Hi can I use the Balanced Cable included with the Angie II on the Lola?
Thinking of try and buy the Lola's and sell the Angie II.
Thanks in advance !

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #182 of 739
Thanks guys. I see you both you both have the silver dragons. I always keep the bass at about 1 o'clock. I may contact Drew to see if he can build me a 2.5mm balanced without the bass pod, with bass set permanently at 1.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #183 of 739
Hi can I use the Balanced Cable included with the Angie II on the Lola?
Thinking of try and buy the Lola's and sell the Angie II.
Thanks in advance !
Yes I believe so. As long as it has the same pin connector. I think it does

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #184 of 739
Thanks guys. I see you both you both have the silver dragons. I always keep the bass at about 1 o'clock. I may contact Drew to see if he can build me a 2.5mm balanced without the bass pod, with bass set permanently at 1.
Let me know. I don’t its possible but good luck!

Feb 24, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #185 of 739

Yes its possible to get cable without bass pod. But you need to send a pic of your bass pod setting or send your cable to moon audio with bass pod set to your preferred setting.

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #186 of 739
I’m curious why we don’t see more activity on this thread. Are the Lola’s simply not selling? Is this product a JH commercial failure? I love mine, so I’m not overly concerned. Just interested....

Any thoughts?

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #187 of 739
I’m curious why we don’t see more activity on this thread. Are the Lola’s simply not selling? Is this product a JH commercial failure? I love mine, so I’m not overly concerned. Just interested....

Any thoughts?
I also thought the something. I also think that JH is not selling whole lot of Lolas compared to other model. Roxanne seem to be the favourite. While I absolutely love my Loal because this is the kind of sound Im after, I have to agree that Roxanne is a better all rounder.

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #188 of 739
Whatever the reason, these are some great IEMs and people should give these a chance if they can. There isn't much hype around these. These aren't perfect. But to me/some of us they offer a unique sound that hits the spot :)

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #189 of 739
Whatever the reason, these are some great IEMs and people should give these a chance if they can. There isn't much hype around these. These aren't perfect. But to me/some of us they offer a unique sound that hits the spot :)
There are some that say that the Roxanne’s are a better all-rounder. I’m interested in trying and comparing, but don’t want to go CIEM Incase I need to sell. Question to those that have had both JH CIEM’s and JH Universal IEM’s. Is the sound quality the same, or close, or doesn’t compare?

Mar 6, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #190 of 739
Needs one more driver. A Dynamic Driver for only the Sub Bass. 16mm sub bass driver.

Jerry Harvey actually addresses this in a Youtube video where he mentions that he thinks balances armatures deliver more precise bass, and having more accurate timbre in the mids is where dynamic drivers shine.

Mar 6, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #191 of 739
Yeah. I've asked JH AUDIO if they have a schedule of meets where Lola will be. Waiting to hear (no pun intended). I would love to be able to compare Lola with UE18+PRO. Or at least read a review comparing them. The price point is the same for both. I was nearly ready to order the UE when I thought, "I wonder what's happening at JH Audio?" Lola seems potentially very exciting.

Two songs I use to test come to mind:

River to Pray (Krauss): He voice sounds more intimate/normal... like she's talking right into my ear as the microphone. Reminds me of when I listened to a female vocalist on a pair of LCD2s in 2011... Maybe they used EQ or there was a lot of synergy with that amp, but the Lola gave me that feeling again, where if there weren't anything in my ear, I'd have a hard time distinguishing from reality.

Solar Sailor from Tron: Not sure if it's the bass or the transition from bass to midbass, but I liked the Lola better listening to this song and focusing on the bass. I don't remember perfectly, but I believe the Lola was set to the middle, noon position for the bass after the guy told me that was 'flat'.

I also remember going back and forth between the UE and the JH Audio table a couple of times. Maybe it would take longer listening, but I love the sound signature of my Audio Technica AD900, though I want less bass roll off and even more detail if that's possible. Maybe it's just that I could notice the coloration in the Lola and is was different so it stood out, but I preferred it to the Roxanne and Layla before knowing prices, and then went to the UE table and thought the UE Reference Monitor would outdo it by sounding more neutral (I like Etymotics, and previously loved hearing things about the UERM describing it as looking through a clean window, balanced and not focused on a specific genre, just neutral which is what Etymotic aims for.) but I wasn't sold on it or the UE 18.

No other IEM kept my interest... 64 Audio seemed to have a 'too bright' signature with their TIA models, and Periodic Audio I can't comment on sound wise, as I was distracted by the build, difficult fit, and lack of removable cables.

Apr 28, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #192 of 739
What aftermarket cables are people using?

When I first started using my Lolas (shortly after release), I found the high-end harsh and fatiguing. But no more, and I'm not sure if they burned in, or my ears have adjusted and I'm just now used to it.

On my last pair of JH16s, I used Silver Dragons from Moon, and that helped add some much-needed refinement to the high-end of the JH16s.

But with the Lolas, I'm thinking copper or copper/silver mix might be the way to go.

Thoughts? Has anyone compared different cables and come away with a favorite?

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #193 of 739
What aftermarket cables are people using?

When I first started using my Lolas (shortly after release), I found the high-end harsh and fatiguing. But no more, and I'm not sure if they burned in, or my ears have adjusted and I'm just now used to it.

On my last pair of JH16s, I used Silver Dragons from Moon, and that helped add some much-needed refinement to the high-end of the JH16s.

But with the Lolas, I'm thinking copper or copper/silver mix might be the way to go.

Thoughts? Has anyone compared different cables and come away with a favorite?
Moon audio Bronze Dragon

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #195 of 739
Keeping the EQ "down" sells all things BS in audio.

Market that an EQ is BAD and DEGRADES the quality and purity of audio, and you can sell:

- cables that alter the sound
- "revealing" vs. "smooth" headphones
- minimal vs. expansive headstage
- System matching warm amps to cool headphones or vice versa
- "Synergy"
- Instill words into sonic signatures like "PRaT, Air, Bottom, Thump, Presence, Attack, "dynamic"

Best move EVER.

All I’ll add to this discussion is the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back