JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,741 of 2,420

I believe JH Audio will completely re-shell Laylas, as I had inquired about it, and IIRC it was $250 an ear.

Do you remember who you spoke to at JH Audio? I'm pretty sure their policy has always been no reshelling of any of their CIEMS, but perhaps they have changed their policy recently.

(And I should note reshelling is distinct from adjusting the shape of the shell. JH Audio will adjust the fit for the original buyer (for a fee if outside the 30 day warrantee period) but does not reshell the unit to fit a second-hand buyer).

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,742 of 2,420
Hello, I apologize if this was already covered. How would a warranty claim be dealt with? Would they go to AK first and then sent to JH? To owners, are these built to last for many years of trouble free use in your opinion? I'm considering the Layla 2 but I kind of wish they weren't a combined effort and just simply said JH audio Layla II.

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #1,745 of 2,420
Hello, I apologize if this was already covered. How would a warranty claim be dealt with? Would they go to AK first and then sent to JH? To owners, are these built to last for many years of trouble free use in your opinion? I'm considering the Layla 2 but I kind of wish they weren't a combined effort and just simply said JH audio Layla II.

All AK branded IEMs go through AK warranty process. This is what JH customer service told me.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,749 of 2,420
I second this - I've had my Layla for a year, and my JH-5s for about 5-6 years, and both are going strong...

Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to decide if I'd get the AK colab or something like the 13v2 or the Roxanne with the new 3D printed shells. Too many choices, I may just keep the K10 for a while, I'm getting burnt out trying to decide.

Dec 25, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #1,750 of 2,420
Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to decide if I'd get the AK colab or something like the 13v2 or the Roxanne with the new 3D printed shells. Too many choices, I may just keep the K10 for a while, I'm getting burnt out trying to decide.

You can definitely go down the rabbit hole of analysis (paralysis), given the number of different directions you can go. May be worthwhile to hit CanJam or another show where you can sample a bunch of different gear. There is definitely a point of diminishing returns, especially in portable audio where you are usually listening in less than ideal conditions, so it may not be worth it to spend $$$$ for that last 10% if you are torn about upgrading to begin with. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #1,751 of 2,420

You don't like your K10? It is probably better that you do a proper audition of the different IEMs and decide which one sounds closer to your preference.

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #1,753 of 2,420
It's not that I don't like it, just curious about others. The Layla's say they are made in the USA on everything I can find. I may call JH and get a little more info.

OIC. Did my own audition with different IEMs (K10U, Katana, etc) and realised that I prefer Layla as well as Roxanne more than any of the Noble IEMs. You need to do your own audition though before making a switch. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back