Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Nov 7, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #1,216 of 1,253
It’s their 8-BA Sheena model + the DPA mics to capture your surroundings.
I'm really curious to know if that would work as a normal microphone for meetings. That would be an amazing side market for them.

Nov 7, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,217 of 1,253
I'm really curious to know if that would work as a normal microphone for meetings. That would be an amazing side market for them.
I don’t think they’d be able to work like a normal earbud mic. I’m fairly sure the mics are wired directly into the drivers, so they’re mixed into whatever signal is being input into the BAs.

Nov 30, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #1,219 of 1,253
Sad to see Jolene is no longer on the JH website and is now a 'secret menu' option. After trying out the whole lineup (several times at JH Burbank), I think Jolene is the very best IEM JH Audio has made. No other IEM I've used manages to capture the 'live' texture of a performance. The combination of 4DD's and 8BA's provide a level of realism other JH IEMs are unable to reproduce.

Unless JH introduces a successor, I believe Jolene will be the one that got away for many rock music lovers. My favorite source is iFi Gold Bar, this dongle provides the power and signature that works very well with Jolene. For a 'summit level' performance I use Aroma A100TB with Hifiman HM1000 Gold.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #1,220 of 1,253
I don’t think they’d be able to work like a normal earbud mic. I’m fairly sure the mics are wired directly into the drivers, so they’re mixed into whatever signal is being input into the BAs.

Correct.

Sad to see Jolene is no longer on the JH website and is now a 'secret menu' option. After trying out the whole lineup (several times at JH Burbank), I think Jolene is the very best IEM JH Audio has made. No other IEM I've used manages to capture the 'live' texture of a performance. The combination of 4DD's and 8BA's provide a level of realism other JH IEMs are unable to reproduce.

Unless JH introduces a successor, I believe Jolene will be the one that got away for many rock music lovers. My favorite source is iFi Gold Bar, this dongle provides the power and signature that works very well with Jolene. For a 'summit level' performance I use Aroma A100TB with Hifiman HM1000 Gold.

The Jolene is still available to order, and they are not planning to discontinue it soon.

I need to get some more time with it myself. I'm split between a Sharona and a Jolene for my eventual JH CIEM.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #1,221 of 1,253

Ifi audio Go Blu is also a fantastic pairing for the Jolene, it beefs the lower mids up in a nice way :p

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,223 of 1,253
Dec 2, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #1,224 of 1,253

Unless JH introduces a successor, I believe Jolene will be the one that got away for many rock music lovers.
I fully agree. I love the Jolenes more than the Layla's even. For me, pairing with ESS based DAP works best (hiby r6 & fiio m11 plus ess), since it seems like the DAC really brings out the high end and the FOUR DDs :eyes: take care of the bass.

Dec 3, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #1,225 of 1,253

Did you get a chance to try the Jimi?

If so, how does that sound?

Dec 3, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #1,228 of 1,253
The JIMI is ultra-thick and warm. It’s definitely an acquired taste.
Well especially since almost no IEM is tuned that way these days :p
There should be room for this kind of tuning I must say I usually love this :D

Dec 4, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #1,229 of 1,253
Well especially since almost no IEM is tuned that way these days :p
There should be room for this kind of tuning I must say I usually love this :D
In my personal opinion, the JIMI pushes it pretty far in the gooey direction. I didn’t resonate with it, and I know people who outright hate it. :D I feel the Sharona nails that warm-yet-resolving balance much better.

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #1,230 of 1,253
In my personal opinion, the JIMI pushes it pretty far in the gooey direction. I didn’t resonate with it, and I know people who outright hate it. :D I feel the Sharona nails that warm-yet-resolving balance much better.
Well I'll be able to report on that later in december 🤩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back