JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #601 of 1,217
Damn, you guys are scary. My TF10s aren't even here yet and I'm already starting to regret the purchase. Hahahaha!

I got the TF10s thinking about value for money. For about the same price as the JH5s, I can get quad driver TF10 customs. But now I'm starting to think I should just sell the TF10s off for JH5s...

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #603 of 1,217
That's not really true. Considering the deal you can get the price you paid plus shipping even when it is used. I would try them out and then sell at cost plus shipping (flipping isn't allowed here) if you don't like it.

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #605 of 1,217
Well it's a good plan :p If he likes them great, if not sell them with zero loss and then save up for a JH5.

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #608 of 1,217

Quote:
Damn, you guys are scary. My TF10s aren't even here yet and I'm already starting to regret the purchase. Hahahaha!

I got the TF10s thinking about value for money. For about the same price as the JH5s, I can get quad driver TF10 customs. But now I'm starting to think I should just sell the TF10s off for JH5s...

Hi Migsev,

I know this is a JH5 PRO thread, but I think you don't need to worry about what people say about the sound of the IEM, each one prefers a different sound signature.  I've had Sony EX500, UE 5 EB, Westone 3, Westone UM3X and for my ears the Triple.fi is the best IEM. And after I changed the tip for the Sony's Hybrids and the cable for Lune Series by Null Audio the Triples does not come out of my ears for nothing. And like "Rawrster" said If you like them great, if not, sell them with zero loss and then save up for a JH5! I'm saving money to get a JH Audio custom =)

Rodrigo

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #609 of 1,217
Not trying to scare anyone, but this is the JH5 thread, as you say, and I have heard both the TF10 and the JH5, and the JH5 is a much better IEM to my ears. Pretty simple. Of course, it's good to listen to the TF10s, but if you want the JH5s, that's the ticket in the price range ($400), for me.

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #610 of 1,217
If anyone cares, I've sent the artwork dept an email as well as printing off the email and put a copy in the box for my impressions that will ship tomorrow because I've switched the coloring.
My JH5's will no longer be like what's in my avatar (Translucent bellbottom blue with JH AUDIO in white on both IEMS) but it will be:
Clear Translucent with JH angel outlined in red on the right, and outlined in blue on the left.
So this is what my right one will look like!
http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/23/0,1425,sz=1&i=232419,00.jpg
http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/23/0,1425,sz=1&i=232417,00.jpg

Nov 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #611 of 1,217
That looks like it will turn out pretty nice, simple and clean design I imagine. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #612 of 1,217
I have to agree with what everyone has said about the fit issues of the tf10. I have a pair, and as you can see in my sig they are up for sale... though I suspect I will take them down soon. I bought them after last year's amazon blow out ended, but before prices were all the way back up to msrp, and with another GLUT of them on the market, I doubt anyone will put out the asking price of less-than-what-I-paid-plus-shipping-and-paypal-thrown-in.

Oh well, enough fussing, the good news is I will be able to a/b the tf10 and the jh5 once my 5s arrive. I will offer my crude impressions / comparison as soon as I can. For the record, I really liked the tf10 sound the times I could get a great seal and avoid moving, but I found the fit and comfort issues to be insurmountable, which sucks, they have quality sound. Anyway, will let you know when the package arrives.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #613 of 1,217

Quote:
I have to agree with what everyone has said about the fit issues of the tf10. I have a pair, and as you can see in my sig they are up for sale... though I suspect I will take them down soon. I bought them after last year's amazon blow out ended, but before prices were all the way back up to msrp, and with another GLUT of them on the market, I doubt anyone will put out the asking price of less-than-what-I-paid-plus-shipping-and-paypal-thrown-in.

Oh well, enough fussing, the good news is I will be able to a/b the tf10 and the jh5 once my 5s arrive. I will offer my crude impressions / comparison as soon as I can. For the record, I really liked the tf10 sound the times I could get a great seal and avoid moving, but I found the fit and comfort issues to be insurmountable, which sucks, they have quality sound. Anyway, will let you know when the package arrives.

Looking forward to your comparison!

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #614 of 1,217
Man... I ordered on the 17th, couldn't get an audiologist appointment until much later, and now, on the 29th, they just received the molds. They actually got there Friday, but JHAudio was closed Friday too.... curse the holidays and attending a college in the middle of nowhere, haha.

Sure hope the process is quick. I have no custom art requested, just solid deadwood with JHAudio stamped on both pieces. Here's to more anticipation build-up.

-Swilly

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #615 of 1,217

Quote:
Man... I ordered on the 17th, couldn't get an audiologist appointment until much later, and now, on the 29th, they just received the molds. They actually got there Friday, but JHAudio was closed Friday too.... curse the holidays and attending a college in the middle of nowhere, haha.

Sure hope the process is quick. I have no custom art requested, just solid deadwood with JHAudio stamped on both pieces. Here's to more anticipation build-up.

-Swilly

I can't imagine it taking too long especially considering you don't have any custom artwork. I just got the email a few hours ago that there is a tracking number available for my JH5's. It is expected that I will receive them on Dec 2nd. I think mine took something like 4 or 5 business days to make. Mine had custom artwork and were probably put on hold for a day or so as I went over the artwork details with Zac. Also, I went with deadwood as well 
biggrin.gif
 looks like someone else has good taste in color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back