JH Audio JH5pro thread
Jan 18, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #376 of 1,217
yeah and I kind of agree about the having to turn the volume up to get a good sound thing, not all the time but I do notice it. I almost wished I would have gone full sized, but it's nice to have the portability of the customs, and the fit, worth the $400? eh, still deciding..

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #377 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by salient2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm running directly out of iPod (2nd Gen) and I noticed the same thing too. I have to crank it up to 50% to be able to hear a nicer sound. However, that is just too loud for me.

It should be iPod Touch (2nd Gen).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost wished I would have gone full sized, but it's nice to have the portability of the customs, and the fit, worth the $400? eh, still deciding..

Now, if you have gone with JH|13Pro, you would be lusting after JH|16Pro in a couple of months time.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #379 of 1,217
I am really happy with them. I can keep them in for hours at a time and do not even feel them in my ears. Even if the 16pro were only $400 more , I still would get the 5's. I am not going to spend over $500 for a product that only I can enjoy. I would rather spend the money on tower speakers which all the family and friends can enjoy. But that's just me!

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #380 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really happy with them. I can keep them in for hours at a time and do not even feel them in my ears. Even if the 16pro were only $400 more , I still would get the 5's. I am not going to spend over $500 for a product that only I can enjoy. I would rather spend the money on tower speakers which all the family and friends can enjoy. But that's just me!

Definitely fine with me, i've got interest in both. Who doesn't want a set of Paradigm?
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #381 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can keep mine in for hours too. I'm really wondering what you meant by "not even feel them" because I can certainly feel them "sitting" in my ears though not uncomfortable or hurting. I read comments that they don't feel the unit at all after a while, which I really wonder it means figuratively or literally.

I don't have so much money to spare, so I will stick with "budget" custom IEMs. However, I bet there will be more jumping on to buy 16Pro once it is out, rather than 13Pro simply because it is the latest, more drivers, costs most (thus impression is better), etc., and forget the purpose or application difference between the two IEMs.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #383 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by salient2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can keep mine in for hours too. I'm really wondering what you meant by "not even feel them" because I can certainly feel them "sitting" in my ears though not uncomfortable or hurting. I read comments that they don't feel the unit at all after a while, which I really wonder it means figuratively or literally.

I don't have so much money to spare, so I will stick with "budget" custom IEMs. However, I bet there will be more jumping on to buy 16Pro once it is out, rather than 13Pro simply because it is the latest, more drivers, costs most (thus impression is better), etc., and forget the purpose or application difference between the two IEMs.

JH13s aren't flat bass-wise anyways...so JH16 will just be a bit more emphasis it seems. Not really all that different from the descriptions given...except one should have lower distortion bass.

Jan 21, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #384 of 1,217
8 drivers just sounds insanee hahaa, i can only imagine the $$$ haha.

i've really been enjoying the 5's lately, blocking out good amount of noise and performing quiet nicely
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #385 of 1,217
Are the JH5-Pro an upgrade from UE TF10 and Shure SE530?

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #386 of 1,217
@trentino

As seen in the following post, Jerry Harvey considers it to be "more refined" than the SE530, but you can make of that what you will:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...8/#post6245871

Another poster (who commented about the same thing in this thread as well) also offered his take on the comparison, but I believe this is based on his experience with the universal demo units. It is probably fair to assume that your experience with the custom-molded unit will be slightly different:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...ml#post6247821

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #387 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by trentino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the JH5-Pro an upgrade from UE TF10 and Shure SE530?

from what i've heard out of these babies, I would say that the 5's are definitely better than the TF10's

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #389 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be getting mine this week.

post pictures when you do
smily_headphones1.gif

what color/cable did you order??

Feb 20, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #390 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
post pictures when you do
smily_headphones1.gif

what color/cable did you order??

I went plain jane on this one. Clear with 48" black cable.

I am actually surprised how much (un)intentional bashing the JH5's are getting. So far just about everyone who get's them, loves em, or could be just owners pride? It seems like a lot of people are also basing them off of some universal version that JH had, and others are echoing that impression

Or that the JH13 and 16's are getting praised so much that not even the 10x3's are getting any attention and the 5's are getting pooped on because so many think that they are "low end" and $100-200 universals are better deals. Even though it'll cost about $50 for impressions and $80 to get them reshelled, that not including shipping costs all without warranty.

Is it because there isn't a real in depth review or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back