JH Audio JH5pro thread
Jan 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #361 of 1,217
Okay so a few notes on my JH5's....

Yeah I definitely wasn't "blown away" when I first heard them. I am still getting used to them i would say, fit is insteresting to say the least. I feel like I have a good fit but at the same time I don't, not that there is anything I can do about it. Isolation is not as much as I would have expected, maybe its the seal, honestly I don't know how it is "supposed to be".

I still need more time with these before I fully evaluate them. I would like to say that I feel like I can get more out of these babys,, idk if an amp would do it, any ideas on amps guys? hybrid i'm thinking..

BBY03evo. I am sad to hear you are trying to selll them.
frown.gif
good luck with the sale, I think its pretty hard to sell customs..

p.s., i have been using these at the gym and they are awesome,, i thought hey i paid $400 for custom headphones i am going to use them everywhere ha.

also, clear cable oxidized within a month, :/ heh, not a big deal, i kinda like the greeen.. hulk like

and let me just say, bass is amaaazzzing on drum&bass genre tracks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #362 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay so a few notes on my JH5's....

Yeah I definitely wasn't "blown away" when I first heard them. I am still getting used to them i would say, fit is insteresting to say the least. I feel like I have a good fit but at the same time I don't, not that there is anything I can do about it. Isolation is not as much as I would have expected, maybe its the seal, honestly I don't know how it is "supposed to be".

I still need more time with these before I fully evaluate them. I would like to say that I feel like I can get more out of these babys,, idk if an amp would do it, any ideas on amps guys? hybrid i'm thinking..

BBY03evo. I am sad to hear you are trying to selll them.
frown.gif
good luck with the sale, I think its pretty hard to sell customs..

p.s., i have been using these at the gym and they are awesome,, i thought hey i paid $400 for custom headphones i am going to use them everywhere ha.

also, clear cable oxidized within a month, :/ heh, not a big deal, i kinda like the greeen.. hulk like

and let me just say, bass is amaaazzzing on drum&bass genre tracks
smily_headphones1.gif

sure you haven't got a fit issue? my 13's fit me perfectly and the isolation is fantastic, on volume 20 on my X I hear nothing apart from the very loudest of sounds when the music is playing

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #363 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure you haven't got a fit issue? my 13's fit me perfectly and the isolation is fantastic, on volume 20 on my X I hear nothing apart from the very loudest of sounds when the music is playing

I don't think I do, when music is fully playing I can't really hear anything, but i'm talking about when music isn't playing, I can hear most things happening around. Even if it was a fit issue, JHAudio can't do anything for me.

On a side note, don't try to mess with the braided cable because I kinda kinked mine a little in one spot. I like untwisting part and then twisting it back. I know smart thinking right?
wink_face.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #365 of 1,217
in a completely different league, completely

edit: eeehhhhh sorry I thought I was in the JH13 thread
redface.gif
well...perhaphs not then...

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #367 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What amp, source, & bit rates are you using with them?

Well I am not currently using any amp, should I? I have been thinking about ordering/building a Mini3 amp. As for a source, I have been using either my ipod 5.5G or my asus netbook's headphone port. And the bitrates have ranged from 192 to 320kbps, so thankfully nothing like 96kbps but not lossless..

Any suggestions to really make these sound jaw-droppingly good?

Jan 15, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #369 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I am not currently using any amp, should I? I have been thinking about ordering/building a Mini3 amp. As for a source, I have been using either my ipod 5.5G or my asus netbook's headphone port. And the bitrates have ranged from 192 to 320kbps, so thankfully nothing like 96kbps but not lossless..

Any suggestions to really make these sound jaw-droppingly good?

I received mine in today and I really like them. I am using 120gb Ipod with all ALAC files. I think they benefit from lossless. I did a quick comparison between 320 and alac, and the alac seem cleaner. I am using a Headsix amp with them also. The amps adds a little ump to them about a 10% improvement, but I would say moving up in the JH line will provide more of an improvement than any amp can.

IMHO, I would rather have the JH-5's + $800 in my checking account then having the JH-13's. But I prefer speakers to iems and headphones.

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #370 of 1,217
Quote:

Dead gum it. I ordered solid blue and they sent me trans blue. I ordered flying lady logo and got no logo. Do they even read the invoice?

they messed up mine TWICE so don't be surprised,, i wanted trans dark red, and they gave me solid black. then I wanted trans dark red again and they gave me light/pinkish red. 3rd times a charm, lol.

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #371 of 1,217
That's sad that they have all those colors, yet the customers crap shoots if they get what they ordered.

I am starting to notice, when hook-up to the Ipod and the volume at 50%, they sound OK. But once you crank the volume up to 75% (which is to loud for me) the become a complete difference earphone. It's like the louder they are, the better they sound.

I am getting a lot of hummmmmm from my amp with these.

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #372 of 1,217
I was able to listen to the JH/5 and the Westone 3's, earlier today. I thought I had decided to go with the JH/5's, but after reading all 25 pages of this thread, I will have to go listen to the JH/10x3's, and the JH/13's before making my final decision.

Jan 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #374 of 1,217
Quote:

I am starting to notice, when hook-up to the Ipod and the volume at 50%, they sound OK. But once you crank the volume up to 75% (which is to loud for me) the become a complete difference earphone. It's like the louder they are, the better they sound.

I'm running directly out of iPod (2nd Gen) and I noticed the same thing too. I have to crank it up to 50% to be able to hear a nicer sound. However, that is just too loud for me.

I agree with Elluzion that JH|5Pro doesn't "blow" me away. If I were to choose again, I don't know whether I will go for JH|5Pro or Westone 3 (which is not custom, but.. there is custom tip option).

I won't pay for anything more expensive than $400. In my view, that's not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back