JH Audio JH5pro thread
Dec 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #348 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone is interested, I posted my JH5's in the FS forum.

For sale already?

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #349 of 1,217
I am really thinking about getting the 5pro as my first customs iem's. I absolutely love the highs on my ety 6i's but need a custom, do to ear pain. Hopefully the 5's will satisfy me in the high dept. I really don't want to smack down $1100 for the 13pro since I need a set to wear to work. I work in the water treatment industry so electronic devices are never safe. I will also use them for weightlifting 2-3 days a week and running/biking 3 days a week. I will listen to them about 2-3 hrs a night. I also listen to a bunch of podcast so I think going higher might be a waste.
I have a 8gb nano, 80gb 5.5 and a 120gb. I will be using a headsix amp with it if needed. Hopefully these will wow me and I will not be unhappy with my purchase like I have been with some full size headphones.

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #351 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, they are just not doing it for me.

What do you feel they are lacking? I remember from earlier posts that you liked your grado's better. What do feel that you could change about them to make you like them?

I am thinking about getting some customs. I either want the JH/5, Mage, JH/10x3, or JH/13. I just think the price is right for the JH/5.

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #352 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you feel they are lacking? I remember from earlier posts that you liked your grado's better. What do feel that you could change about them to make you like them?

I am thinking about getting some customs. I either want the JH/5, Mage, JH/10x3, or JH/13. I just think the price is right for the JH/5.

There is no soundstage to speak of. Everything is to closed in for me, with no air or space between the instruments. l will just stick with grado's...

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #353 of 1,217
Just joined the JH 5 Pro club. I ordered them today so I should get them back by months end. I sent my impressions 1st class so JH will get them around Friday!!!!!!

I hear people saying no soundstage, but my ER-6i's don't have that much of a soundstage and I still love them, listen to them hours per night. I started out with IEMs so I think I am immune to the poor instrument separation. As long as they are clear sounding, I will be happier that Bill Gates kid on xmas day.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #354 of 1,217
Z4Ue3.jpg

oww8Y.jpg

t6WAq.jpg

SPU8N.jpg

BVaBB.jpg

N09GS.jpg

IroWp.jpg

As these being my first "real" headphones, I have to say that I was expecting to be blown away at first listen, but unfortunately I was not..I am only really starting to appreciate them now (3 or 4 weeks after receiving them).

The only thing that I have to comment on is the bass, which is very clean and punchy (better fit = better sound). I know that I was worried about this when I was making a decision.

I am quite happy with my purchase although I am not positive that given the choice, I would buy these again, I would probably save up and just go with the all mighty JH13.

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #355 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As these being my first "real" headphones, I have to say that I was expecting to be blown away at first listen, but unfortunately I was not..I am only really starting to appreciate them now (3 or 4 weeks after receiving them).

What amp, source, & bit rates are you using with them?

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #356 of 1,217
i agree with above, seems like it could just be your source. Can't run a sports car on 85 Octane Fuel.

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #357 of 1,217
I really don't expect to be blown away with the 5's. I expect them to sound good, but I really don't expect anything amazing. If was bought the 13's, then I would expect my jaw to drop.

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #358 of 1,217
well you would be blown away if you're cming from say skullcandy, but on the other hand you wouldn't since you might just have some 128kbps files running around in your 2g Nano. if you know what i mean.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #359 of 1,217
yea just before listening to the JH5 demo unit I was listening to SE530's with custom tips and wasn't blown away, I had to step up to the 7's to be impressed on first listen and even then I was like hmm these are very nice..only when I got to the 10X3's and 13's was I completely shellshocked. However if I was listening to them off the bat after coming from a cheap ~£50 dynamic IEM I would have been suitably impressed I feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back