JH Audio JH5pro thread
Nov 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #272 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you guys please stop cluttering my thread with this stuff.

I created this thread for JH5 owners thoughts and comparisons. Also for people interested in JH5's.

As a first time head-fier I fully agree with this, I would love some insight into how much better the JH5Pro headphones will sound compared to my measly JVC HAFX33's.

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, I just want to know what to expect when I (hopefully) listen to the JH5s soon

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #273 of 1,217
Quote:

I created this thread for JH5 owners thoughts and comparisons. Also for people interested in JH5's.

I don't know why, but I lol'd at this. But yeah, i agree. Interesting stuff, but wrong place to post it. What i'd really love is some more info about the SQ aspect. What I hear from one person is radically different from what I hear from another, and in some cases I hear two radically different things from one person
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #275 of 1,217
Quote:

You killed the thread...

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #277 of 1,217
Weeeeellll, I'm really enjoying my JH5s, i'm really feeling the isolation. They've ruined me for all my other iems... and my grados.

I'm finding the fit a little odd... some days they feel too big, some days i feel like the seal is gonna break if i open my mouth just a little bit. it's bizarre, but the sound quality doesn't change so i'm not too fussed.

On the day which my JH5s are least comfortable, they're still more comfortable than my UE SF.5 pro, and they isolate better than any other IEM i've ever used.

worth it.

i've still got a whole week to decide whether i want a refit or not.... i definitely don't want to pay to get them refit further on.
i just can't decide. i don't want the fit to get worse, then not be able to reverse back to good enough.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #278 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weeeeellll, I'm really enjoying my JH5s, i'm really feeling the isolation. They've ruined me for all my other iems... and my grados.

I'm finding the fit a little odd... some days they feel too big, some days i feel like the seal is gonna break if i open my mouth just a little bit. it's bizarre, but the sound quality doesn't change so i'm not too fussed.

On the day which my JH5s are least comfortable, they're still more comfortable than my UE SF.5 pro, and they isolate better than any other IEM i've ever used.

worth it.

i've still got a whole week to decide whether i want a refit or not.... i definitely don't want to pay to get them refit further on.
i just can't decide. i don't want the fit to get worse, then not be able to reverse back to good enough.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's probably only a bit of room for improvement, but a lot of room for getting worse. I would just stick with what you've got.

On a separate note, I finally have enough money for a pair of JH5's. The only reason I haven't bought them is because BBY0 got me worried about the SQ, saying they're not even close to his $200 Grados. Someone who has the JH5, please reassure me.

Secondly, what colour should I get? I don't want something too flashy that will get stolen, but still something that will look cool.

Thirdly, have there been any reviews yet comparing the JH5 to the UE4, or anyone who has both and has commented on them?

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #279 of 1,217
I'm going to go with the OP and ask that this thread stay on topic. Start a new thread if you want to have another discussion, but if it gets off track again, I'm going to start deleting posts.

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #281 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's probably only a bit of room for improvement, but a lot of room for getting worse. I would just stick with what you've got.

On a separate note, I finally have enough money for a pair of JH5's. The only reason I haven't bought them is because BBY0 got me worried about the SQ, saying they're not even close to his $200 Grados. Someone who has the JH5, please reassure me.

Secondly, what colour should I get? I don't want something too flashy that will get stolen, but still something that will look cool.

Thirdly, have there been any reviews yet comparing the JH5 to the UE4, or anyone who has both and has commented on them?

I do like my grado cans much better. Also remember they are different and not directly comparable in my opinion. Some people may feel different about it.

If you are looking for a very accurate sounding IEM that is fast paced, transparent and has nice extended highs. You will like the JH5.

On the other hand if you like a really powerful bass heavy sound these are probably not for you.
Also if you are looking for something that will just make your jaw drop in amazement they are not the ones. They are good, just not that great.
wink.gif

With everything taking into consideration for a $400 custom, I do not think you can find better at this time...

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #282 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought the same thing. Maybe to his ears he really does like those Grados that much better. Anyways, sorry for the OT posts, guys. I'd really like to know a little more about the JH5's frequency extension and imaging capabilities. No matter how well-controlled bass is, it just wouldn't be complete without those low lows for real impact.

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #283 of 1,217
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the same thing. Maybe to his ears he really does like those Grados that much better. Anyways, sorry for the OT posts, guys. I'd really like to know a little more about the JH5's frequency extension and imaging capabilities. No matter how well-controlled bass is, it just wouldn't be complete without those low lows for real impact.

They extend nicely with no harshness at all up top. Imaging is good but the sound is closed in and gives a very small stage feel to them.

Every IEM I have tried has that kind of soundstage though....

As for lows it extends good, but without a lot of power or impact.

Mids are king for the JH5 in my opinion.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #284 of 1,217
Well i've got both too, and i must say the JH5's have a much more comfortable sound than the grados. no sound fatigue here!

I also think the JH5s do bass very well too, though fit is an important factor as far as bass goes.

I just can't get over the clarity of the music and how involved you are as a listener.

the sound is directional, the crash symbols are left, the singer behind you. I cant help but close my eyes while listening, to get the whole experience.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #285 of 1,217
Quote:

They extend nicely with no harshness at all up top. Imaging is good but the sound is closed in and gives a very small stage feel to them.

Every IEM I have tried has that kind of soundstage though....

As for lows it extends good, but without a lot of power or impact.

Mids are king for the JH5 in my opinion.

I think one thing you have to get used to/understand with IEMs is that it is not so much of a sound stage in front of you, as it is the placement inside your head. IEMs are just not capable of laying out a soundstage in front of you like speakers, but the good ones place things very nicely in and around your head. It is kind of a different experience, imo, but I can say I actually prefer the type of soundstage offered by IEMs to that offered by full size headphones. I don't mean to be patronizing, but it seems to me like you're trying to compare the soundstages of the two types of phones, when, in my opinion, they are quite different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back