JH Audio have lost my JH16's and UE11's
Dec 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #121 of 228
[oops, double post - delete]

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #122 of 228
Quote:
Wow very interesting 8 pages read! Gave me an eye openner of JH...Hope thinks get sorted out OP

this is a rather myopic view of JHA. many many folks, myself included, have had extremely positive experiences dealing with this company. back in the 1990s Jerry Harvey essentially pioneered the in ear monitor market when he founded Ultimate Ears, and he continues to produce some of the finest products of this type ever offered. go read the massive jh-13 pro thread and you'll many very satisfied customers.
it's unfortunate the OP is in limbo right now but i'd be surprised if this doesn't work out satisfactorily in the end. unfortunately his situation is compounded by the holiday season and the fact that JHA is transitioning from one facility to another. they're also trying to roll out a game changing product, the jh3a, and have hit some bumps in the road there. that's also consuming much of their time, focus and energy. if every time someone had any sort of issue with any company out there and people were so eager, as some here seem to be, to completely tear the organization down, there wouldn't be too many companies left!  let's sit back and see how this plays out rather than just fomenting for pages on end, eh? happy holidaze folks. may music sooth your savage souls (obligatory don mclean reference) 
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #123 of 228

Quote:
Quote:

Sure doesn't sound like she thinks that they received them and is making the effort. I feel for you but proper ins. and a sig is a must when using shippers handling expensive merchandise. I can't believe that you're arguing that point whether you think JH responsible or not. Of course you haven't has issues before. 99% of the time these delivery services work great. You're insuring yourself against the other 1%. JH could have been more conscientious at the start but you're not taking responsibility for your part either. They didn't send you a message confirming delivery but answered you call about probable turn around time assuming they were there based on you telling them so. Yes, JHA should have checked after getting off the call but it's minor compared to not covering your butt from the start. Arguing with us wont help you and when you post on a message board, you should expect varying opinions. Good luck with recovering your stuff and getting the 16s sorted to your satisfaction.

cut this crap please. anyone that received the same 2 emails that the OP got will not only assume but will be sure and positive that jh audio had indeed received the package to work on it.

to the OP,please provide the 2 emails that jh audio sent to you so we can know both part of the story.

But it doesn't matter what's perceived. Only what actually happened. Nothing crappy about shipping things properly and I've never said that JHA may not be at fault. JHA has been in contact with the OP and is trying to sort through this. Posting about who's fault it is that the IEMs are missing without knowing what happened isn't productive. Posting disappointment over their lack of sufficient attention to orders is but that's not the big issue here.

That they moved may not be coincidental and hopefully the IEMs will show but there is no way to know that the item has been delivered and it certainly seems like JH is looking for them beyond the factory. The emails without more info are not admissions of receipt. I don't disagree that JHA's book keeping and attention to detail should be better in a custom service. That they're moving may also not be coincidental in this regard either and caused a bit more of disconnect than usual. No excuses for poor communication as that's not a consumers responsibility but the issue isn't the communication. It's where the IEMs actually are. Do you think JHA is responsible for anything if they didn't receive a package? Their actions certainly won't affect a claim as the OP can't even make one until the middle of Jan anyway. As you, I hope they show up and all gets sorted quickly so that the OP can listen happily ever after.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #124 of 228

one way to minimize these sorts of experience is to make sure you get a proper fit to begin with, especially if you're far from the manufacturer. don't just go to any old audiologist but rather increase your odds of success by going to someone with a good track record, if possible.  fit is critical and many folks who have complained about their experiences with various brands of custom iems could have had issues averted by going to a recommended provider and having first rate impressions made.

could you folks please post your experiences and impressions with audiologists, following the instructions in the first post, here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/440466/the-audiologists-impressions-thread-pun-most-definitely-intended

I did actually go to an audiologist recommended on JH website which is on Harley street.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #125 of 228

In my experience, USPS International is good for maybe a 90% success rate. However, this is shipping out of the US into other countries, so I can't speak for the reverse. For package deliveries within the US, they're certainly better than 90%, but definitely not 100%. Many times, a mis-delivered package can be recovered from a neighbor. But there are other times where "delivered" packages are never recovered by the intended receiver.

My suggestion would be always to use a proper courier service for anything of nearly that much value. UPS and FedEx are spendy, but their service has never been anything less than spot on, in my experience.

Regarding your emails from JHA, while it doesn't do anyone much good to try to read too much into it, my first guess would be that your order was being confused with another customer's. Consider her use of the word "this", when your order would have been "these" or "they". Or if she was referring to only one of your two items, it would be a little unusual not to specify which one. It would not be the first time this kind of mix-up has happened in the world of customer support, so don't take it as any form of proof that your order was in fact delivered to them. That said, it would be good form for them to come back and clarify their mistake (why they first gave you that info, then later said it wasn't delivered).

Have you inquired about the requirements to be covered under the insurance? Does USPS absolve themselves once the package is "delivered"?

Actually she knew exactly who I was and knew I sent in 2 pairs of customs, is she had mistakes me for someone else then she would have said that, her referring to it as this instead of these is likely because they only needed to do work on one pair, the other pair was not bought from them.
The postal service I used is a proper courier being royal mail who handle 98% of the post here in the uk, I don't doubt the international post going out of the US has a poor delivery rate depending on which country it's being delivered to but mine was sent to the US and was tracked from the moment it reached till when it was delivered.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #127 of 228

anything over $300 I pay for the insurance which is usually reasonable (a couple dollars on $300 the last time I checked). Having said that I can understand the frustration of the OP in this case. I hope you get it resolved.

I also paid extra for it to be insured to the maximum allowed which works out at about $775

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #129 of 228

But it doesn't matter what's perceived. Only what actually happened. Nothing crappy about shipping things properly and I've never said that JHA may not be at fault. JHA has been in contact with the OP and is trying to sort through this. Posting about who's fault it is that the IEMs are missing without knowing what happened isn't productive. Posting disappointment over their lack of sufficient attention to orders is but that's not the big issue here.

That they moved may not be coincidental and hopefully the IEMs will show but there is no way to know that the item has been delivered and it certainly seems like JH is looking for them beyond the factory. The emails without more info are not admissions of receipt. I don't disagree that JHA's book keeping and attention to detail should be better in a custom service. That they're moving may also not be coincidental in this regard either and caused a bit more of disconnect than usual. No excuses for poor communication as that's not a consumers responsibility but the issue isn't the communication. It's where the IEMs actually are. Do you think JHA is responsible for anything if they didn't receive a package? Their actions certainly won't affect a claim as the OP can't even make one until the middle of Jan anyway. As you, I hope they show up and all gets sorted quickly so that the OP can listen happily ever after.
bigsmile_face.gif

There is not one single thing to actually show they never received the package whereas the tracking shows it was delivered, if it was delivered to the wrong place then it would have been to one of the other premises around them as I'm sure the post man would not have been that stupid to gave delivered it to a totally different street then Mark it as delivered, and those emails sent to me ain't just her giving estimates on shipping time, why would someone say they would send something out when they did not even have it to send out then do the same again and also appologise for the delay. People don't go around apologising for a delay on soothing when they never received it in the first place.

JHA have misplaced customs many times before, couple ofpeople have already commented on this and I have also pasted a link to someones post on another thread about a similar issues onthe last page.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #131 of 228
I think you should really allow JHA to work it out. You should sit back and chill. There are people like me trying to give you a different perpective of the situation, but you choose to go by your own understanding. I honestly belive that this is your own doing. Goodvibe made some really excellent points. Did you not fully insure your package? Why the moaning and the crying if you didn't? You should take it like a man and suck it up.

Quote:

Well that is more then obvious from your first post here and it is your right to do as you wish. I will not give you the satisfaction of replying to anymore of your messages as my thread has already been locked once due to your comments and peoples replies to you. Have a nice life my friend.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #132 of 228
I would also like to point out here that I had to send these back in due to JHA's fault, they had sent me a picture of these after the refit and making a new right shell because they had broken the original shell and in the picture I could see very clearly that the right shell was a different colour and I emailed them and told them this and got a reply back saying that they had checked and compared both shells and also looked at the picture they sent me and both the colours were the same and it was just the lighting when the picture was taken that made them look different colours but when I received them that was not the case and the right side was a different colour and exactly like I had seen in that picture so if they had not broken my shell and then tell me the colours were fine then I would never have had the need to open this thread and would be strolling through head-fi now listening to either my JH16's or UE11's and be as happy as a pig in mud.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #133 of 228
If I could actually claim insurance from postal companies for packages that were delivered I would be a very rich man and there I was thinking that the insurance was for packages that were actually lost I'm transit or damaged. If the package was delivered to another premises then it would be at another premises on Apopka airport drive and from what britanny said, she did go and check with all those premises. I highly doubt the package would be delivered to an entirely different street unless USPS has started hiring mailmen that can't read.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #135 of 228

I think you should really allow JHA to work it out. You should sit back and chill. There are people like me trying to give you a different perpective of the situation, but you choose to go by your own understanding. I honestly belive that this is your own doing. Goodvibe made some really excellent points. Did you not fully insure your package? Why the moaning and the crying if you didn't? You should take it like a man and suck it up.

First I was annoying and childish now it's moaning and crying, you sure you don't want to add few other things to it while your at it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back