JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Feb 22, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #421 of 692
very strange why no roxanne metal impression yet, despite the upgrade and change in sound sig

anyone who heard the new roxanne please share ur impressions

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #423 of 692
  very strange why no roxanne metal impression yet, despite the upgrade and change in sound sig

anyone who heard the new roxanne please share ur impressions

I listened to it for 10 minutes. I remember the old version as very bassy with slightly recessed mids, and a very harsh, peaky treble which I couldn't stand. The new one, with the bass dial at minimum, it's still warmish, but the balance between the bass and mids is better. Good bass slam and decay. And I think you like your bass. The best part for me was the treble peaks are smoothed out, so it's not as harsh to my ears. I can listen to full songs with it now haha. That said, the Roxy treble is still the sharpest in the Sirens line, and its stage is smaller than Angie and Layla. Just my 2 cents.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #424 of 692
Can anyone compare the Roxanne with the Rosie? I ordered the Roxannes just before learning about the Rosie -- and while I suspect the Roxannes have much better performance, I saw an interview of Jerry Harvey wherein he said likes the Rosie model best when he's looking for a different flavor to compliment his go-to, the Layla. I found the Layla too neutral for my tastes, so I figured the Roxannes would be a best bet for a fun sounding alternative. So where does the Rosie sit?

So why no love from Jerry for the Roxannes? Or is he just trying to develop interest in the newest addition to the Siren line?

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #425 of 692
Probably just because Roxanne is "old news", though still an industry favorite, from what I hear.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #426 of 692
  Can anyone compare the Roxanne with the Rosie? I ordered the Roxannes just before learning about the Rosie -- and while I suspect the Roxannes have much better performance, I saw an interview of Jerry Harvey wherein he said likes the Rosie model best when he's looking for a different flavor to compliment his go-to, the Layla. I found the Layla too neutral for my tastes, so I figured the Roxannes would be a best bet for a fun sounding alternative. So where does the Rosie sit?

So why no love from Jerry for the Roxannes? Or is he just trying to develop interest in the newest addition to the Siren line?

You will love the Roxannes, they destroy the Rosies

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #427 of 692

I listened to it for 10 minutes. I remember the old version as very bassy with slightly recessed mids, and a very harsh, peaky treble which I couldn't stand. The new one, with the bass dial at minimum, it's still warmish, but the balance between the bass and mids is better. Good bass slam and decay. And I think you like your bass. The best part for me was the treble peaks are smoothed out, so it's not as harsh to my ears. I can listen to full songs with it now haha. That said, the Roxy treble is still the sharpest in the Sirens line, and its stage is smaller than Angie and Layla. Just my 2 cents.

thanks

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #430 of 692
Ok guys, I am totally lost now...How the heck do the Layla 2, Angie 2, Roxanne 2 compare to the custom Layla, Angie and Roxanne. I was ready to pull the trigger on custom Angie's, but now I am concerned I won't be getting the latest and greatest.

Any help is appreciated?

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #431 of 692
Ok guys, I am totally lost now...How the heck do the Layla 2, Angie 2, Roxanne 2 compare to the custom Layla, Angie and Roxanne. I was ready to pull the trigger on custom Angie's, but now I am concerned I won't be getting the latest and greatest.

Any help is appreciated?

Only the Roxanne has changed its internals. It now has the same 4-way crossover as the other Sirens. The rest of the changes reside in the build of Universals.

Going custom is still the best.

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #432 of 692
I just got an e-mail from JH that my Custom Roxannes Shipped today! Excited, as this will be my first set of customs.

And correct, the Roxannes are the only one in the "II" series that have changes to internals. I was going to ask if the custom Roxannes have the updated crossover network, but I doubt it -- the universal Roxanne II is more expensive than the Custom Roxanne, so I'm assuming those changes didn't carry over to the customs.

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #433 of 692
Ordered the new Angie II, returned the Rosie. I liked the Rosie's but after hearing all the praises on the Angie's and getting a first hand listening, it was apparent that I couldn't go back. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #434 of 692
  I just got an e-mail from JH that my Custom Roxannes Shipped today! Excited, as this will be my first set of customs.

And correct, the Roxannes are the only one in the "II" series that have changes to internals. I was going to ask if the custom Roxannes have the updated crossover network, but I doubt it -- the universal Roxanne II is more expensive than the Custom Roxanne, so I'm assuming those changes didn't carry over to the customs.

woah, I still didn't received any info from JH about my custom angie, did Ms. Angie the Customer Relations who email it to you??
thx

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #435 of 692
Sorry, I mispoke. The e-mail came from Fedex saying that JH mailed a package to me today. No e-mail from JH itself. I placed my order around mid-January. If you placed your order before then, perhaps trying calling JH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back