JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Dec 19, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #47 of 692
can i ask so for a basshead would rosie be a good choice, i lean towards bass, warm, layered sound sig with no harsh highs or shouty mids
i have the shure 846 and z5, i like the z5 better but the shure 846 does bass better

wonder how those will compare to shure kse2500 which i guess is a top choice

If it's like the 13, it will be fairly neutral with the option of bass boost. For what you describe I would maybe consider something like the asg2.5, 1964 v8, JH Roxanne or even ref1too. That kind of covers a few price ranges there too depending on your budget.

That being said you might live them. Always pays to audition first if you can.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #48 of 692
It seems like the AK and JH money machine is on fire. Buy anything from them and there is a strong chance it will lose 50% of resale value within 3 months. These products look cool indeed, but I do wish they had their clients' interest in mind a bit more. Seems like a lot to ask these days. Well I I'll audition them when I can anyways...

I've been surprised that this hasn't happened yet. There were rumors that some vendor was selling Layla IEMs for around $1,700 but the best I have seen is $2,200.  The AK 240 has also dropped in price.  In both cases the drops are significant but they seem to be holding steady at their new price points at around a 25% discount off my original purchase price.

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #49 of 692
  can i ask so for a basshead would rosie be a good choice, i lean towards bass, warm, layered sound sig with no harsh highs or shouty mids
i have the shure 846 and z5, i like the z5 better but the shure 846 does bass better

wonder how those will compare to shure kse2500 which i guess is a top choice

As Jerry said, Rosie's bass is something in between Layla and Roxanne. I think you should look to Roxanne more than Rosie.

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #50 of 692
It seems as though metal casings of sorts is the new direction for totl iem's. I wonder how the Rosie will compare to the CampFire Audio Jupiter? I was set on getting the Jupiter and then Rosie had to say hello. :heart_eyes:

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #51 of 692
Can't say I like the idea of aluminum instead of acrylic/CF.  I have been holding off ordering, but thinking I should get my Angies while they are still plastic.  I have a few CIEMs, but there are times where the softness of comply tips and a comfortable IEM designs (for me Shure or Westone) is kind of fun too.  

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #53 of 692
I like the idea of a Universal JH13fp with bass control - and the copper looks good.

I have to say that if your demo of the Angie created the impression that it was mid-forward, is there a chance that you didn't have a lot of tips to play around with? The Angie isn't mid-centric (IMO) and has great extended highs and the sub-bass has excellent presence.

Agreed, Angie isn't mid centric at all...the treble extension is unreal

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #54 of 692
Big, big mistake. Aluminium gets very cold and uncomfortable in ears. Allergic reactions too.

I would say that we'll see the acrylic ones go up in price because people will soon realize new isn't better.

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #56 of 692
Also: from a manufacturing standpoint = aluminium is significant easily to mold and much cheaper... JH should reduced price, not increase.

Its a bout cashing in now.  I'm a big big portable guy but I agree with many here that things are getting way way expensive in a hurry.  Glad that I am fully satisfied with my 13pro FP for the last couple of years now.  The best improvement for me is driving the JH13pro via my PHA3 balanced headphones output.

Big, big mistake. Aluminium gets very cold and uncomfortable in ears. Allergic reactions too.

I would say that we'll see the acrylic ones go up in price because people will soon realize new isn't better

That's what I thought too.  It is also get hot in a hurry as well.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #57 of 692
It seems like the AK and JH money machine is on fire. Buy anything from them and there is a strong chance it will lose 50% of resale value within 3 months. These products look cool indeed, but I do wish they had their clients' interest in mind a bit more. Seems like a lot to ask these days. Well I I'll audition them when I can anyways...

it doesn't matter how much JH  or AK or any one out there ask or want for their products, they KNOW someone will pay for it.

Only those who want to pay for it will. It's not like anyone has to.

I'm still very happy with my custom previous-generation Roxanne (with solid carbon fiber body), so I don't think I'll be ordering the new version, or the custom Layla (even though I definitely prefer the Layla). If you don't want to spend the money--or if it's not in your budget--be happy with what you have and don't spend the money.

Nothing you buy today is likely to be the latest and greatest forever, so I don't think there's much use getting miffed about new models coming out.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #58 of 692
ahhhhhh man Jude why don't u have a serious talk with those companies and discuss prices, man this forum also needs someone like u who access to those companies to start thinking about putting more affordable prices

really we are here to make audiophile gears available to the masses and not to be only accessible by the rich

really i would appreciate if I see you one time addressing pricing with those companies I am sure they will lend you their ears and might listen

We joined this forum, and are grateful what is has offered so far, but seriously Jude prices are getting out of the roof, and I think we need to address pricing issues, unless those items will be just exclusive to the rich then the purpose of making audiophile a mass trend is over

onkyo is an example of what a high end dap should be priced, and I hope that other companies will start to follow onkyo footsteps, especially those iems companies whom we admire for their products but not their prices

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #60 of 692
  ahhhhhh man Jude why do't u have a serious talk with those companies and discuss prices, man this forum also needs someone like u who access to those companies to start thinking about putting more affordable prices

really we are here to make audiophile gears available to the masses and not to be only accessible by the rich

really i would appreciate if I see you one time addressing pricing with those companies I am sure they will lend you their ears and might listen

Astell&Kern makes the AK Jr player for $499.

JH Audio just released the $899 Rosie, which I'm pretty sure (early on) I prefer to my $1099 JH13 Pro.

Of course, there are many other companies making digital audio players and in-ear headphones, but since these are the two companies we're mostly talking about in this thread, I think they're already doing what you're asking. (No, I'm not suggesting that $499 and $899 are affordable for everyone.)

I drive an old Honda Fit. Its paid for, and it suits my needs. For what I paid for it, I didn't get high performance or luxurious features (or even Bluetooth). If I want more from a car than I'm getting from my Fit, I fully expect (and know) I'll have to pay more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back