JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Dec 18, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #16 of 692
I would like to hear what JH will do to accommodate existing Roxanne custom owners. Not too happy.

Probably nothing beyond the JH Crew discount for existing customers.  Why should they?  Those owners bought the headphone they liked for the price they agreed to.  BMW doesn't swap in the new motor for the past year's M3 when they update it.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #18 of 692
  Probably nothing beyond the JH Crew discount for existing customers.  Why should they?  Those owners bought the headphone they liked for the price they agreed to.  BMW doesn't swap in the new motor for the past year's M3 when they update it.

This is slightly different - I'm referring to the Roxanne custom IEM's which should have no reason to be upgraded.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #19 of 692

Well, that car, and this, is very different. The upgrade from the older version of the Roxanne to the newer one is much simpler to do. This is more like swapping or tweaking the ECU of a car which is commonly and easily done. Think LCD series and the fazor upgrades.

We are not complaining that a totally new redesigned model has come out the next year and we are unhappy about it. That would be like expecting our Roxannes to be swapped for Layla when Layla is announced.

1. We are not talking about the whole engine being replaced here.
2. Its an easy thing to do and an option that JH should probably have but also probably won't.
3. We are not asking this to be done for free. We are willing to pay for the tweak/upgrade. But that wouldn't earn JH as much money as making people buy new ones.

Anyone remember the whole FreqPhase debacle?

Initially JH said that they would not be able to upgrade older pro models due to the crossovers AND drivers used being different. (yes they actually said that). And when the hype train reached the last station. They started to roll out upgrades from the Pro model to the FP models.

I sincerely do hope that it is not repeated this time round.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #21 of 692
  It's not different.  LOL Nothing is the best forever.  If there weren't continuous improvements, we'd all be listening to phonographs.

I'm referring to the fact that custom IEM's can be upgraded easily and there should be no reason to charge a small fee to do this upgrade. I'm sure they will.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #22 of 692
Rosie sounds like JH13 with adjustable bass. Nice.

But the $200 price increase for the rest of the line is not so nice. Might as well go for customs.

Might have something to do with the price increase of BA drivers by some accounts.

Nothing they have announced changes the sound of an IEM that has already been manufactured. I imagine if you had a Roxanne custom, you could ask JH to redo the crossover for $300-$400 - more if you had Carbon Fiber and wanted to keep it. I have a Roxanne Uni that sounds great - it sounds great despite reading this new thread.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 692
Wonder if I can get my v8 upgraded to a8 for free because adel come out after I bought them.

On a serious note, I like the sound of this Rosie. I wasn't a fan of the mid centric Angie and cannot afford the Layla. But the Rosie, if it is true to word about its comparison to the 13, then I would be a happy camper.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #24 of 692
Wonder if I can get my v8 upgraded to a8 for free because adel come out after I bought them.

On a serious note, I like the sound of this Rosie. I wasn't a fan of the mid centric Angie and cannot afford the Layla. But the Rosie, if it is true to word about its comparison to the 13, then I would be a happy camper.

Why not Roxanne?

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #26 of 692

V8 and A8 use totally different drivers. So I am guessing different crossovers too. And to upgrade them you'd need to rebuild the whole shell. So it basically a totally new IEM. So yea. :)

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #27 of 692
I wasn't a huge fan of it when I auditioned it.
I tried the whole JH line and liked the jh13 fp the most.

I like the idea of a Universal JH13fp with bass control - and the copper looks good.

I have to say that if your demo of the Angie created the impression that it was mid-forward, is there a chance that you didn't have a lot of tips to play around with? The Angie isn't mid-centric (IMO) and has great extended highs and the sub-bass has excellent presence.

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #28 of 692
I wasn't a huge fan of it when I auditioned it.
I tried the whole JH line and liked the jh13 fp the most.

The tuning of the JH13 is one of the very best that stands to this day in my opinion.

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #29 of 692
I like the idea of a Universal JH13fp with bass control - and the copper looks good.

I have to say that if your demo of the Angie created the impression that it was mid-forward, is there a chance that you didn't have a lot of tips to play around with? The Angie isn't mid-centric (IMO) and has great extended highs and the sub-bass has excellent presence.

Yeah the copper looks fantastic.

Well you are correct there. I got rushed through when auditioning a range of iems. I only got to try the Angie with one set of tips and from a cozoy aegis which is quite a forward sounding DAC so.

I also found the highs to sound artificial and exaggerated. Again probably a combination of detailed highs with aegis and poor tip choice.

I would like to try them again with more time and tips with my mojo. But from the description I think the Rosie will be more to my tastes.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #30 of 692
The Rosie seems be be my next investment, I'm actually getting rid of my SE846 which is too critical to enjoy music for hours, I need something more musical with a bigger soundstage, at $900 I think it's perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back