JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Feb 10, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #317 of 692

I believe that the Angie II has the same size as Rosie, so it will fit much better than the original one.

Credit Alex An's FB for the pic.

Alex An happens to be the Marketing Manager of Astell & Kern from iRiver .

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #318 of 692

I believe that the Angie II has the same size as Rosie, so it will fit much better than the original one.

Credit Alex An's FB for the pic.

That photo shows Angie is bigger than Rosie.

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #319 of 692
That photo shows Angie is bigger than Rosie.

Alex did mention that angie and rosie are very closely similiar in size , so is layla and roxannes

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #321 of 692
  I have the roxanne, angie and rosie....Rosie has the most bass

I hope the new 13 is tuned differently then or at least accommodates the tuning knob effectively. When you say more bass, is it more low bass, mid bass or overall and how does turning it down effect things. I really like the overall sound of the Angie at around 12 o'clock as the midbass was about right but it could have used more low bass at that setting.

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #322 of 692
  I hope the new 13 is tuned differently then or at least accommodates the tuning knob effectively. When you say more bass, is it more low bass, mid bass or overall and how does turning it down effect things. I really like the overall sound of the Angie at around 12 o'clock as the midbass was about right but it could have used more low bass at that setting.

Has more low bass...I have it set to 12 o' clock

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #323 of 692
Those pictures have allayed one fear I had of the Rosie's - that of fit. I have pretty big ears so I am confident that there will be no issues there for me. 

@natalieann do you have experience of any other higher end universals from companies like Noble and Shure?

I'm looking for new universal IEMs after losing my Senn IE800. Despite loving their sound, I couldn't buy them again due to the irritation I had at cable issues. 

Very hard to get opportunities to audition IEMs though so I'm kind of going blind. 

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #324 of 692
  Those pictures have allayed one fear I had of the Rosie's - that of fit. I have pretty big ears so I am confident that there will be no issues there for me. 

@natalieann do you have experience of any other higher end universals from companies like Noble and Shure?

I'm looking for new universal IEMs after losing my Senn IE800. Despite loving their sound, I couldn't buy them again due to the irritation I had at cable issues. 

Very hard to get opportunities to audition IEMs though so I'm kind of going blind. 

I do not have experience with Noble....But, I own the Shure 846, 535, JH 16 Pro, JH Roxanne, Angie, and Rosie...If looking for new universals, I would recommend the Angie 2's......I think they would get the same clarity experience as the Sennheiser IE800, plus a better fit....Just my opinion 

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #325 of 692
Anyone here testes the fit of the Layla II vs. the original?

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #326 of 692
  I do not have experience with Noble....But, I own the Shure 846, 535, JH 16 Pro, JH Roxanne, Angie, and Rosie...If looking for new universals, I would recommend the Angie 2's......I think they would get the same clarity experience as the Sennheiser IE800, plus a better fit....Just my opinion 

Thanks natalieann, I found the fit/cable issues with the IE800 very annoying, which I why I won't buy them again even though I loved the sound.

Unfortunately the Angies are out of my price range at the moment, so its the Rosies or nothing when it comes to the JH universals.

How would you compare them to the IE800 sonically?

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #327 of 692

can i ask do u find the the angie or rosie better than shure 846, as i own the shure 846 and i am also in the market of another iem, rosie has caught my attention due to its more bass sig

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #329 of 692
  can i ask do u find the the angie or rosie better than shure 846, as i own the shure 846 and i am also in the market of another iem, rosie has caught my attention due to its more bass sig

I honestly am not a fan of the 846 and I am in the process of selling mine....There are some aspects, such as replaceable nozzles, the bass reproduction that are cool.....But, for the money, I just don't think they cut it.....I much prefer both the angie and rosie over the 846

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #330 of 692
  I honestly am not a fan of the 846 and I am in the process of selling mine....There are some aspects, such as replaceable nozzles, the bass reproduction that are cool.....But, for the money, I just don't think they cut it.....I much prefer both the angie and rosie over the 846

can i ask please another question which do u find more forgiving and musical the angie or rosie 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back