JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Feb 7, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #256 of 692
I too am looking for reviews. I will be ordering the Rosie on Monday, which frankly is a roll of the dice without an audition.
My only concern is fit and sine I've never owned a UIEM and only owned full size cans, these are quit expenses and the hope is they sound fantastic. So very much looking forward to owning the Rosie.

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #257 of 692
I've seen two interviews now where Mr. Harvey says Roxanne's sibilance is cleared, due to the new crossovers. Also, the whole point of 4th Order Crossover is to allow more detail and fidelity within each segment.

It should indeed make an audible difference.

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #258 of 692
I too am looking for reviews. I will be ordering the Rosie on Monday, which frankly is a roll of the dice without an audition.
My only concern is fit and sine I've never owned a UIEM and only owned full size cans, these are quit expenses and the hope is they sound fantastic. So very much looking forward to owning the Rosie.

One note of caution.  If the Rosie is anything like my Layla you will be disappointed right out of the box.  But be patient.  I found it takes 20+ hours before they really start performing.  It's been awhile since I purchased my Layla but I remember it took over 100 hours before they sounded fantastic.  There was much discussion about the burn-in when the Layla was released.  I actually never subscribed to the burn-in effect until I had my Layla.

So be patient and you will be rewarded.

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #259 of 692
Buddhahacker, thank you appreciate the feedback. I'll follow up with my impressions when I've had a weekend with the girls. I'll let me them run for a few days before I have a listen, like most of the gear I've purchased in the past. Thanks again.

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #263 of 692
Feb 7, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #264 of 692
I'm not sure if it's previously mentioned, but the Roxanne II 's housing seems a little bit bigger than me. Less than 0.5cm roughly from the unit that I compared to mine. Not sure if thats the cause but it didnt fit as well for me so I couldnt get the seal I wanted. Same with the Layla but the Angies and Rosies fitted well.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #265 of 692
  I'm not sure if it's previously mentioned, but the Roxanne II 's housing seems a little bit bigger than me. Less than 0.5cm roughly from the unit that I compared to mine. Not sure if thats the cause but it didnt fit as well for me so I couldnt get the seal I wanted. Same with the Layla but the Angies and Rosies fitted well.

Interesting - good to know.

What were your impressions vs old Roxanne's?

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #267 of 692

Interesting - good to know.

What were your impressions vs old Roxanne's?

I thought he sounded really incoherent to me. But I blame it mostly to fit. I don't think its fair to trust my judgement on this until I found another unit to make sure this fit thing isn't a one off unit.

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #270 of 692

I have custom Roxanne's and they sound great to me.

I have the OG Universal Roxanne's and it sounded great. I'm talking about the new Universal.

I don't care for the Roxannes.... I much prefer the Angies

I did buy the Roxannes before the Layla/Angie was released. I think I might lean towards that sound signature now. But the Roxannes is still a good piece for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back