JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 3, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #2,851 of 3,122
Hey guys! I recently wanted to upgrade my Angies by changing it's stock cable into whatever o.c.c material.....silver or copper or silver plated copper...
So I'm here seeking for advices....which cable material should I choose, and should I go balanced or not...

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #2,853 of 3,122
Hey guys! I recently wanted to upgrade my Angies by changing it's stock cable into whatever o.c.c material.....silver or copper or silver plated copper...
So I'm here seeking for advices....which cable material should I choose, and should I go balanced or not...
If your source is balanced, go balanced. And just to be dificult; I love my silverdragon.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #2,857 of 3,122
Where did you get them? Any links.
How is the sound of spiral dots? I use comply 500 which has too much oophm bass. Thanks.
I got them on Amazon. Just search for JVC spiral dots. The don't inhibit the sound in any way. The only problem I have is that sometimes, the tip slides off, sticking in my right ear. But if you search the thread, or look on the spinfit eartips thread, you will find remedies.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #2,858 of 3,122
I got them on Amazon. Just search for JVC spiral dots. The don't inhibit the sound in any way. The only problem I have is that sometimes, the tip slides off, sticking in my right ear. But if you search the thread, or look on the spinfit eartips thread, you will find remedies.

+1 for JVC spiral dots

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #2,859 of 3,122
+1 for JVC spiral dots

I see but do the JVC spiral dots will be tightly fit to the Angie II? Which sizes you guys mostly choose since I read it says they are usually smaller than normal size? Thanks.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #2,860 of 3,122
I see but do the JVC spiral dots will be tightly fit to the Angie II? Which sizes you guys mostly choose since I read it says they are usually smaller than normal size? Thanks.

On my Angie I, they are pretty loose, but don't get stuck in your ear when you remove the IEM - so it's not a deal breaker - for Angie II i'm guessing the nozzle is the same thickness but I'm not positive. You also miss out on the "dots" as you end up sliding it so far down the nozzle it ends up sitting flush with the tip. If you do this, they won't fall off. But for some reason, the dots just make a nice seal unlike so many others I've tried. I found their sizing to be refreshing as you have 5 options. I use medium spinfits, and the medium spiral dots worked for me perfectly (as a comparison). They may be a tad smaller than your average "medium" tip, this is true - but I think spinfits are also smaller than normal sizing as well.

hope this helps.

with that said, have you tried the comply foams? I find their sound to be much more "even" across the pass band, taming treble spikes. Yes, the highs are attenuated a bit, but I find the linearity worth it.

May 1, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #2,861 of 3,122
On my Angie I, they are pretty loose, but don't get stuck in your ear when you remove the IEM - so it's not a deal breaker - for Angie II i'm guessing the nozzle is the same thickness but I'm not positive. You also miss out on the "dots" as you end up sliding it so far down the nozzle it ends up sitting flush with the tip. If you do this, they won't fall off. But for some reason, the dots just make a nice seal unlike so many others I've tried. I found their sizing to be refreshing as you have 5 options. I use medium spinfits, and the medium spiral dots worked for me perfectly (as a comparison). They may be a tad smaller than your average "medium" tip, this is true - but I think spinfits are also smaller than normal sizing as well.

hope this helps.

with that said, have you tried the comply foams? I find their sound to be much more "even" across the pass band, taming treble spikes. Yes, the highs are attenuated a bit, but I find the linearity worth it.

Thank you for the info.

May 1, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #2,862 of 3,122

Yes, but you just have to do a couple of hacks for them to get perfect, I’ve posted pics on this thread:
  1. Cut a 1.5 to 2 mm ring out of a stock silicone tip to serve as a spacer so that the JVC sit a bit out of the nozzle (a size you don’t use)
  2. Cut a ring of a foam tip, 2 to 3 mm and insert inside the JVC umbrella, this thightens it on the nozzle so it doesn’t come out when you pull them and provides excellent levels of isolation
A X Acto and 5 minutes for the whole process
My 2 cents

May 1, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #2,863 of 3,122
Yes, but you just have to do a couple of hacks for them to get perfect, I’ve posted pics on this thread:
  1. Cut a 1.5 to 2 mm ring out of a stock silicone tip to serve as a spacer so that the JVC sit a bit out of the nozzle (a size you don’t use)
  2. Cut a ring of a foam tip, 2 to 3 mm and insert inside the JVC umbrella, this thightens it on the nozzle so it doesn’t come out when you pull them and provides excellent levels of isolation
My 2 cents
Is that foam ring 2-3 mm diameter or just thickness? Bare in mind, I can't see the pics you posted.

May 1, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #2,864 of 3,122
My 2 cents

Is that foam ring 2-3 mm diameter or just thickness? Bare in mind, I can't see the pics you posted.

I read somewhere in this thread someone suggested to use yarns to wrap around the nozzles of the spiral dots once they are inserted to the Angie nozzles. They do not discuss about the affect of the sound compared to the foams...

May 1, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #2,865 of 3,122

Users who are viewing this thread

Back