JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 1, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #2,867 of 3,122
Where did you get a round foams? Thanks.
I cut from the stock Angie foam tips, the small size I didn’t use... after cutting you still have to remove the harder plastic ring from the inside and that's it.

May 7, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2,868 of 3,122
Hi,

Slightly off topic, does anyone know the current build time for JH Audio CIEM.

May 12, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #2,870 of 3,122
I find the smallest of the comply tips seal best in my ear from out of the box. I ordered small and extra small spinfits to try. Once I know which size spinfit, I will try a spiral dot.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #2,871 of 3,122
I find the smallest of the comply tips seal best in my ear from out of the box. I ordered small and extra small spinfits to try. Once I know which size spinfit, I will try a spiral dot.

The SS and S spinfits do not seal very well for me, especially in my right ear. The small comply tips seal so much better. I will try medium spinfits.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #2,874 of 3,122
I picked up a pair of used JH Audio Siren Series Angie for $475 (came with a custom UPOCC cable and all stock cables + box and accessories) and I have to say I love them!

023E28E0-DE0D-4D13-9BE9-5715EA45D178.jpeg

When I demo’d it in store, I immediately loved the vocals. The stage is very spacious and detailed and the bass is flat and tight. What I loved most about it are the vocals and I can really only describe it with one word - “sexy”. I’m a big vocals fan and I find the vocals on the Angie very alluring and seductive.

I’ve demo’d the Andromeda, N5005, Atlas and Xelento and none of them give me the feel the Angie’s do for the vocals.

Not to mention, isolation, fit and general feel and look of the earphones are great too :)

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #2,875 of 3,122
I picked up a pair of used JH Audio Siren Series Angie for $475 (came with a custom UPOCC cable and all stock cables + box and accessories) and I have to say I love them!

When I demo’d it in store, I immediately loved the vocals. The stage is very spacious and detailed and the bass is flat and tight. What I loved most about it are the vocals and I can really only describe it with one word - “sexy”. I’m a big vocals fan and I find the vocals on the Angie very alluring and seductive.

I’ve demo’d the Andromeda, N5005, Atlas and Xelento and none of them give me the feel the Angie’s do for the vocals.

Not to mention, isolation, fit and general feel and look of the earphones are great too :)

Had the A&K FMJ version a while back. Absolutely loved how they sounded, especially the vocals. Unfortunately, I could never get a good fit so I sold it. Been chasing that sound ever since. Might break down one day and pick up a custom Angie.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #2,876 of 3,122
I have been with angie for quite some time now and i love them, not only their sound but the design is damn sexy, i have v1 and its a true eye candy each time i look at it i feel happy, its a keeper for me.

So for owners out there, did any one find something around 1000$ new or used that could be a worthy upgrade and not just a sidegrade, i have been reading about andromeda, solar, roxanne and even layla (i found some used around this price) but i cant try any myself, so i could use some hints to follow, empire ears has some praised iems but i believe they are much higher than my budget, nothing is wrong with angie but i just want to try something new as a hobby.

If my post is not suitable for the thread, feel free to pm me .. i appreciate ur input

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #2,877 of 3,122
I have been with angie for quite some time now and i love them, not only their sound but the design is damn sexy, i have v1 and its a true eye candy each time i look at it i feel happy, its a keeper for me.

So for owners out there, did any one find something around 1000$ new or used that could be a worthy upgrade and not just a sidegrade, i have been reading about andromeda, solar, roxanne and even layla (i found some used around this price) but i cant try any myself, so i could use some hints to follow, empire ears has some praised iems but i believe they are much higher than my budget, nothing is wrong with angie but i just want to try something new as a hobby.

If my post is not suitable for the thread, feel free to pm me .. i appreciate ur input

I got Angie FMJ II but also have the EE CIEM Spartan IV and still love them... One day I would upgrade to EE CIEM Phantom.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #2,878 of 3,122

I still have my custom Angies (V1) and I love them for vocals and the ability to adjust the bass. But I've moved on to Empire Ears Zeus which is an overall higher level IEM (just about more of everything compared to Angies - and I happen to be selling a pair). I also have the Audeze i4 which has incredible sound in an over-the-ear format. Prices are dropping so keep a look out.

Cheers.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #2,879 of 3,122
I got Angie FMJ II but also have the EE CIEM Spartan IV and still love them... One day I would upgrade to EE CIEM Phantom.

Ye they sound awesome, i think jh universals are not the most comfortable, but i read that v2 is a bit smaller and has a better fit than v1, sorry it didnt work for you, i think the spartans are close or in the same league, do you feel you are missing anything ?

Well, ee legend x is getting high praise but their prices are crazy and out of this world for me, it took me alot of time to adapt and accept paying 1k for an iem while still not feeling very comfortable , but the sooner you forget the better you feel lol

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #2,880 of 3,122

Campfire Audio Andromeda is right up your alley.

You get what the Angie is but better separation and layering throughout the entire frequency spectrum.

The vocals are full and warm but they might not “move” you like the Angie though (Angie are more emotional and musical).

AKGN5005 also has pretty good vocals but I think the Angie is probably better...I need more time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back