JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 3, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,896 of 3,122
How do people clean the Complys?

I used to, hot water and liquid soap. Depending on use, once a week, once a month?

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #2,898 of 3,122
Just wipe with a damp cloth and let them dry before using. Do NOT use anything alcohol based.

That is what I will do. I used to run the water over them, but prefer the damp cloth.

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #2,899 of 3,122
Still loving the Angie I.

Reminds me of my ER4SR (which can sound a bit clinical) except more detail yet musicality across the entire frequency range. The vocals are unreal and so natural...

My only complaint is the housing is quite heavy and my ears get tired after like an hour :frowning2: Hoping my ears can adapt to it.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #2,900 of 3,122

Reminds me of my ER4SR (which can sound a bit clinical) except more detail yet musicality across the entire frequency range. The vocals are unreal and so natural...

My only complaint is the housing is quite heavy and my ears get tired after like an hour :frowning2: Hoping my ears can adapt to it.

Get a custom now. haha! You will not regret it. :D

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #2,901 of 3,122

It seems that even with all their experience JH still can’t make a comfortable universal shell. People have been complaining about the size/shape/weight of their shells for a while, but they keep using the same design. Even chi-fi IEMs have more ergonomic designs, not the bulbous shape JH adopts. Does JH use 3D printing?

Jul 11, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #2,902 of 3,122
335A1479-EF8F-4FBC-9FEA-54DB92ED55DB.jpeg

I think another thing that attracted me to the Angie was the looks (aside from SQ). Just feels so premium.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #2,905 of 3,122
It seems that even with all their experience JH still can’t make a comfortable universal shell.
It's why I'm now considering selling them. It's my favorite tuning of any IEM I've ever heard, so I'm reluctant to let them go until I find a suitable replacement. Tried many, none hitting that balance and warm mids focus that Angie can. Shame they're so big....

Aug 10, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #2,906 of 3,122
Has anyone come up with an EQ curve for Angies? Sometimes, I notice a little sizzle or intensemess in the trweble, and I've wondered if anybody played a bit with EQ'ing. I was going to look on the Layla thread before Relic spun off Angie here. But, I never really got the hang of the search function.

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #2,907 of 3,122
It's why I'm now considering selling them. It's my favorite tuning of any IEM I've ever heard, so I'm reluctant to let them go until I find a suitable replacement. Tried many, none hitting that balance and warm mids focus that Angie can. Shame they're so big....

I've considered getting a custom Angie, but at around $1500 for CIEM vs ~$600 for a used universal Angie...

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #2,908 of 3,122
yeah, the value proposition isn't there with custom Angie..... plus you lose big time on resale market. I wish they'd 'reshell' my existing universal (use its drivers, etc). I'd consider doing that for say $300. But I don't think any company will convert a uni to a custom.

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #2,909 of 3,122
yeah, the value proposition isn't there with custom Angie..... plus you lose big time on resale market. I wish they'd 'reshell' my existing universal (use its drivers, etc). I'd consider doing that for say $300. But I don't think any company will convert a uni to a custom.

I contacted JH Audio about converting my Angie II and they stated they do not convert universals to customs.

Aug 10, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #2,910 of 3,122
I haven't heard of any manufacturers who are willing to reshell their own universals into customs, which I've always found strange. I figured whether they're reshelling a universal or custom it would be basically the same process since they'd be using the same internals anyway, with just a new shell.

I had actually contacted InEarz back when I still had my Angie II, but sadly they were phasing out their reshelling service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back