JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #2,641 of 3,122

Thanks anyway for help!

It seems like if the silicone "umbrella" is too thin and doesn't have enough tension to make the seal. Maybe some ear hair? Its a 1st for me, all my other silicon tips seal ok, but we are all different, right? 
wink.gif

Regards

My pleasure! Ive gotta ask, do the stock Comply's just not work for you? I remember that they gave me the best seal. Obviously, YMMV. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2,642 of 3,122
  My pleasure! Ive gotta ask, do the stock Comply's just not work for you? I remember that they gave me the best seal. Obviously, YMMV. 

Yes they work. I have the opportunity to listen music along the day at work but I'm often interrupted (phone, etc), silicon tips are so convenient and fast to fit, that's why I use them 95% of the time. I am pleased with the JVC spiral dots but I just can't stay steady.

My lack of luck (in this case) will be someone else luck...

Regards

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #2,643 of 3,122

Yes they work. I have the opportunity to listen music along the day at work but I'm often interrupted (phone, etc), silicon tips are so convenient and fast to fit, that's why I use them 95% of the time. I am pleased with the JVC spiral dots but I just can't stay steady.

My lack of luck (in this case) will be someone else luck...

Regards

Spingits were a no-go for me too. If you like westone startips they can be made to work with Angies.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,644 of 3,122
I'm having a hard time using my Angies for more than 20 mins. My ears start to hurt. I've tried stock Comply, medium Comfort Comply, small Comfort Comply. My ears quickly start to ache. Even the medium spin fits hurt after a short while.

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,645 of 3,122
I've never gotten a good seal with any size of SpinFits.  I did much better with SpiralDots. Though the best I've found are a hybrid you can find on eBay, a Sony tip sold in Japan.  Silicon outside around a foam inside.  Finally settled on M left and L right.  Though right now I'm using my UERM C/IEM as I just got it resized so not fighting with tips at all.
smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172485248321?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  

After you order you can include a note.  Write what size you want there.  Pretty quick shipping to the US West Coast from Japan, 7-10 days.  

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #2,646 of 3,122
  I've never gotten a good seal with any size of SpinFits.  I did much better with SpiralDots. Though the best I've found are a hybrid you can find on eBay, a Sony tip sold in Japan.  Silicon outside around a foam inside.  Finally settled on M left and L right.  Though right now I'm using my UERM C/IEM as I just got it resized so not fighting with tips at all.
smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172485248321?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  

After you order you can include a note.  Write what size you want there.  Pretty quick shipping to the US West Coast from Japan, 7-10 days.  

Didn't know of these hybrid tips - thanks, they look great. I looked for the size but did't find any mention, as you have M and L, can you check the outside diameter in mm? (aprox.) - around 13 mm is fine for me.

Regards

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #2,647 of 3,122
Looks like 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, assuming I did it correctly.  I use Small Spinfits with my Angie, but I use Large Comply with my Angie.  Lots of variables involved.

Why not email the seller and ask him the "official" size?  He's quite nice.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #2,648 of 3,122
  Looks like 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, assuming I did it correctly.  I use Small Spinfits with my Angie, but I use Large Comply with my Angie.  Lots of variables involved.

Why not email the seller and ask him the "official" size?  He's quite nice.

Thanks for feedback @olddude

For now that gave me an idea and I'll try some "surgery" on some of the smaller foam tips I don't use, trying to fit a section inside spiral dots. I'm very pleased with spiral as they are, I'll do this just for fun (did I say before I can't get steady?) and test if they get even better in isolation, as far as SQ isn't affected.

Regards

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #2,649 of 3,122
Thanks for feedback @olddude

For now that gave me an idea and I'll try some "surgery" on some of the smaller foam tips I don't use, trying to fit a section inside spiral dots. I'm very pleased with spiral as they are, I'll do this just for fun (did I say before I can't get steady?) and test if they get even better in isolation, as far as SQ isn't affected.

Regards

My JVC Hybrids, isolation is TOP, more later...

[Edit]
Trimmed +1mm of the foam to get a straight, cleaner cut, and make the whole thing a bit softer. I feel a bit more grip and isolation really improved, can't say for sound but seems the same for the 1st minutes - I guess it works

:)

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,650 of 3,122
Guys, Just in case you've missed it, JH Audio announced the availability of the 4 pin balanced cable on their site. Price is $US 150
I think its the same cable bundled with Angie II, made by moon audio.

https://www.jhaudio.com/product/4-pin-balanced-cable

Regards

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #2,651 of 3,122
Mar 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #2,652 of 3,122
So I got the Westone star tips to fit after seeing the pictorial evidence in this thread. It's easy. Flip the flange up to invert it and expose the core. Force the lip of the core over the Angie shaft then twist back and forth to slide it down. Flip the flange back down. Takes a minute for each with little effort.

Take care not to grip the Angie too firmly and keep your fingers away from the cable connection.

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #2,655 of 3,122
  I have been using Comply foam TX500 with the JH Angies. Tried Spinfit tips and while the sizing was okay, its not as comfortable + less isolation.

Have you tried to put them upside down (right)  to avoid tunneling effect (left)? I recommend it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back