JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 8, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #2,627 of 3,122
Feb 10, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #2,629 of 3,122
Picked up the Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 Cable for my Angie II, I have always replaced stock cables and believe that good cable make a difference. All my top end cans have upgraded cables from Wireworld Cables.
This was well worth the intrigue, the level of detail retrieval and the extension to the top end is excellent, smooth and none fatiguing.
I'm almost tempted to see what the Silver cable will do seeing how its transformed the sound to such a degree for the better, good work Drew,

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #2,630 of 3,122
Silver Dragon is quite different.  Much more mid and upper end detail, not quite as warm, lots of great treble, mids are beautiful, bass is tight and full.  I have my pots at 1:30 or so and timbre is great.  Really glad I got it.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #2,632 of 3,122
Supposedly the BA are the same, and as Jerry Harvey has stated the sound is unchanged. The differences are in the design and the esthetics. the Cables are better on the newer models ( Full Metal Jacket) Moon Audio builds, the connectors are more robust and the the shells are made of solid blocks of aluminum. 

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #2,634 of 3,122
  My old Angies still rock! I can't ever let them go for ANYTHING.

Here's my post on Headfonia: http://www.headfonia.com/picture-sunday-ak-jh-angie-irreplaceable/

Read the Picture Sunday.  Great to see they're still appreciated.  I'll never give mine up.  My Questyle loves them.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,635 of 3,122
Hi guys,

I would like to try Spinfits, which model fits the Angie II ? CP100, CP800?

TIA!
Regards

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #2,638 of 3,122

CP100s. 

A bit disappointed with spin fits. Order size L (13mm), side by side they are equal if not a bit larger than the JVC spiral dots ML size, but the seal doesn't work for me. Even before turning music on I knew it wouldn't work, I could hear outside sounds, body/weight is completely lost no matter my efforts.

frown.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,639 of 3,122

A bit disappointed with spin fits. Order size L (13mm), side by side they are equal if not a bit larger than the JVC spiral dots ML size, but the seal doesn't work for me. Even before turning music on I knew it wouldn't work, I could hear outside sounds, body/weight is completely lost no matter my efforts.

frown.gif

Sorry to hear! I know a couple guys that can't get a good seal using SpinFits them self. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #2,640 of 3,122

Sorry to hear! I know a couple guys that can't get a good seal using SpinFits them self. 

Thanks anyway for help!

It seems like if the silicone "umbrella" is too thin and doesn't have enough tension to make the seal. Maybe some ear hair? Its a 1st for me, all my other silicon tips seal ok, but we are all different, right? 
wink.gif

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back