JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 26, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,461 of 3,122
  beat audio lab also made cables for siren series!

Thanks!

I'm seeing your reply only now... 
redface.gif

Regards

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #2,463 of 3,122
Well, I've had my Angie IIs for 2 days and am returning them to Amazon as one of the black carbon fibre caps has fallen off.

Not quite the build quality you would expect at that price, so I'm going to go back to my ie800s and decide what to do next.

Very disappointing as they sounded fantastic, but at least Amazon's return policy is second to none.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #2,464 of 3,122
  Well, I've had my Angie IIs for 2 days and am returning them to Amazon as one of the black carbon fibre caps has fallen off...

So sorry to hear it! What were you doing when it fell off?

I always hold mine by the whole Al. case when I'm removing tips. Tips can get stuck on there pretty good and simply holding the CF cap while removing a tip could be a risky proposition. I'm not saying that the cap shouldn't be able to handle it, I'm saying I'm not willing to risk it... .
At the end of the day, there are only two ways to hold that cap in place; with glue or with screws. They obviously went with glue for a better look.

Were you able to get a feeling for their signature before the issue? How did you like them? Are you not willing to try your luck with another pair? As you said, Amazon is easy to deal with.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #2,466 of 3,122
  I tried both and I can clearly say Angie destroys the Savant. No comparison.

I wouldn't be that adamant because they have very different signatures that may suit different tastes.
Certainly Angies are heavier on bass with a very close soundstage, which many would appreciate.

So far I'm extremely happy with my Angies, my only remark would be that music will sounds like crap with poorly mastered records.
It's striking when compared to most DD-based IEMs, sound gets less coherent when the master lacks separation.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #2,467 of 3,122
I've had the Angie's for a few months, and still can't seem to get a good seal. The only tips that work for me at the moment is the M red stock silicone tips that come with the Noble K10U. Those are currently on my Rosie's though. 

Hi,

Any pics to show how it look like on rosie or angie wih noble ear tip?

Thanks
nobody

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #2,468 of 3,122
I'm building a custom Angie on JH Audio and they are charging $500 for carbon fiber enclosure? That's nearly the price of a Mojo. I think I'll stick with the plastic shell and get a Mojo :) I chose translucent black shell and solid black face plate. Anyone has the same design? How does it look in real life?

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #2,471 of 3,122
LOL they're covered with ear grease cuz I literally had to take it out to take the pic.  I got them back from JH today after I broke the right one (slammed it on stone by accident and it shattered).  They reshelled it good as new and even gave me the new Moon Audio cable with it!

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #2,472 of 3,122

I assume the repair costs you a fortune? You should have selected carbon fiber shells!

I did add optional carbon fiber face plates (not sure it's real carbon fiber or just looks like carbon fiber), hope that's where they land if I accidentally throw them at a stone...:)

LOL they're covered with ear grease cuz I literally had to take it out to take the pic.  I got them back from JH today after I broke the right one (slammed it on stone by accident and it shattered).  They reshelled it good as new and even gave me the new Moon Audio cable with it!

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,473 of 3,122
Relative to buying new ones, no, not a fortune.  They did a complete reshell, but reused the faceplate and replaced the cable with a new Moon Audio one for under $300 including shipping.  I'm happy with it and the work is flawless.  It is impossible to tell they were ever repaired.  I wouldn't want to test the carbon fiber theory!  CF is strong, but epoxy shatters under impact, which is what killed mine.  These are for work, and the damage happened at work, so both the initial purchase and the repair have long since paid for themselves.  Next time, I won't cavalierly hang my IEMs on my shoulders during break and go to take off my jacket to sit down!  Smh!

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #2,474 of 3,122
You are making money wearing those while I'm doing the opposite...Gotta take care of them more than you do. LOL

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #2,475 of 3,122
You are making money wearing those while I'm doing the opposite...Gotta take care of them more than you do. LOL

Please clarify the "opposite"... you are not making money wearing yours, you are making money not wearing or you are not making money and not wearing? LOL

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back