JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 6, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #2,491 of 3,122
  nice color right there! good combination between black and red, my fav colours!
here's mine, pardon my photo, I'm not talented in photography lol

Mojo is must for Angie now?!

Chord people will be extremely happy to see this :)

I like your design too, silver+gold+red looks fantastic!

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #2,492 of 3,122
Mojo is must for Angie now?!

Chord people will be extremely happy to see this :)

I like your design too, silver+gold+red looks fantastic!

nah, for everyone I think.
mojo is really a game changer for portable music
can't life without mojo 
frown.gif
 lol

thanks!

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #2,494 of 3,122
Anyone upgrade from the Angies?   Care to share what you got and why?

I posted this on the previous page.

The day has come! I've found my true upgrade to Angie. Lo! the beautiful Siren has been replaced.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-u12-universal-in-ear-monitor/reviews/16993

There is an extensive comparison to Angie. I'm not just spamming my review. :wink:

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #2,495 of 3,122

2 reasons for me:

-fit of the universal series is hit-or-miss because of the huge bulky shells and weird orientation of the nozzles (and they're too long for my taste). For me, fit is ok but not ideal (don't like the deep insertion).

-bass/mids are to die for, but treble, although detailed and clear, are too shy for my taste. The ONE thing I will miss is the amazing tone of drums on the Angies/Laylas, it's quite unique and so close to the actual thing.

I tend to give more time to my Ak T8ie (they sound more organic and SO much more comfy) and recently to Fidue A91 (Sirius) and their more balanced signature (especially treble when compared to Angies) and perfect fit (they're large but sit nicely and tightly in the conchas).

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #2,497 of 3,122

Not the I've tried all the TOTL IEMs but I think each have their own distinctive flavor. 

I think you also need to add what kind of music they listen to as well.

L3000.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #2,498 of 3,122

Out of everything I heard at CanJam London the Lime Ears Aether was the only one that made me actually want to upgrade - although I'd still keep the Angie - that drum and cymbal 'snap' is bliss. The Layla and Roxanne are very good, esp the Layla but to me not enough of an improvement to warrant an extra £1000ish. The Aether is amazing with the bass switch on - musical, full bodied and smooth like butter. I think of it as a slightly smoother Angie with slightly better extension. At around the same price as Angie it'll be my next IEM.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #2,500 of 3,122
Awwww ****, sonnnnn... Just got me a pair of LCD-3s... so far, they sound amazing, but the first thing they REALLY make me think is my Angies are damn good.  DAMN good.  LCD-3 presents differently, but it's certainly not like "oooooh... so THAT's what Angie is missing," at least not yet.  Will probably compare and contrast a ways down the road when my ears have settled into their sound and I've tried them from other sources.

Edit: ...aaaaand... THERE's that sub bass I've heard about.  4:22 into Deadmau5's Strobe is a clear difference.  Certainly not overpowering, but I can tell why people say Angie is more low/mid bass oriented and LCDs reach lower into the sub bass.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,501 of 3,122
Oct 10, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #2,503 of 3,122
Oct 10, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,504 of 3,122
Comparing Angie, Roxanne and Layla, has anyone done this comparison? There is a significant price differences I am sure the same with the sounding.

I've heard the Layla and own the Angie. To me the Layla has a dryer sound, less mids than the Angie. The Angie's mids are slightly forward but I prefer it to the Layla. I haven't heard the Roxanne. I feel the bass on the Layla can be bigger if you crank the bass attenuators, but that would be too much for my tastes.

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #2,505 of 3,122
I am actually the opposite, I heard Layla from a friend, I found it sweet overall, not aggressive, in my opinion that this is the strong point and I like it. I have to listen to Angie and Roxanne. I don't want to change the post from Angie to Layla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back