JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 28, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #1,576 of 3,122
... my dealer held on to my impressions inexplicably for a couple weeks before shipping them to Noble on Christmas Eve (really?)
.... also sold my BTS (Bluetooth accessory) that was a part of the sale, so now I need to wait

Wow, candidate for worst dealer ever. Hope you told the manufacturers about this :mad:

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #1,577 of 3,122
Wow, candidate for worst dealer ever. Hope you told the manufacturers about this :mad:

They know the full story.... :wink_face:

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #1,578 of 3,122
  The UERM is relatively flat, like the Angie, but does it so differently that it is nice to hear those differences.  The UERM sound is much more cohesive, a wide soundstage of music with individual instruments/voices popping out of the whole in different locations and volumes.  The Angie seems to be made up of a whole bunch of discrete sounds across the sound stage that, all together, comprise the music.  Both sound glorious, just very different.  .  

I dont find my angies flat at all 
confused.gif
 and I like flat

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #1,582 of 3,122
More ability to fine-tune to what you want.  It's not limited to the Angie.  Also, two wires/two earpieces equals two adjustors?  My only problem with it, if you can call it a problem, is making sure both dials are as close as possible to the same setting.  

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,583 of 3,122
The wires on the Sirens Series- 4 strands, 1 high, 1 mid, 1 low (adjustable), and the "ground" wire. Essentially the entire frequency response range could be adjusted using the resistors. As in, 1 resistor for the highs, 1 for the mids, etc...

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #1,586 of 3,122
It appears switching to high gain on my e12a improves sound quality a decent bit when listening to the Angies, I just assumed at 17ohm impedance they would sound better on low gain 
deadhorse.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #1,587 of 3,122
It appears switching to high gain on my e12a improves sound quality a decent bit when listening to the Angies, I just assumed at 17ohm impedance they would sound better on low gain :deadhorse:

Did you volume match after switching to high gain? Even 1 dB is enough to think there is an improvement.

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #1,588 of 3,122
Did you volume match after switching to high gain? Even 1 dB is enough to think there is an improvement.

I assume you mean change the volume so that it was similar what I was listening to on low gain? Yes. I also switched back and forth a few times to see if I could sense a difference. Also high gain 'seems' to be able to get louder without being as harsh/fatiguing as on low gain

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #1,589 of 3,122
I assume you mean change the volume so that it was similar what I was listening to on low gain? Yes. I also switched back and forth a few times to see if I could sense a difference. Also high gain 'seems' to be able to get louder without being as harsh/fatiguing as on low gain

Seems similar is not the same as being volume matched. Like I said, even a small dB increase in volume (as low as 1dB) can easily sound better to our ears.. It's how we're wired.

That said, if you like it then go for it!

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #1,590 of 3,122
/OT

SLA is Noble's fast 3D printed version of their custom acrylic CIEM. Funny thing is I ordered them because I'm impatient, but because my dealer held on to my impressions inexplicably for a couple weeks before shipping them to Noble on Christmas Eve (really?) I ended up waiting for 55 days in total. It's supposed to be a 10 business day turn around (two weeks). Needless to say, I won't be using that dealer anymore and regret not going for a full custom design given the stupid length of time I waited for a Black Friday sale item. The idiot also sold my BTS (Bluetooth accessory) that was a part of the sale, so now I need to wait for that to come in also. Bad business.

Anyway.......... Back to the Angie......

Haha, is the dealer HeadphoneBar? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back