JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 27, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #1,562 of 3,122
wink_face.gif
  So they sat there an extra day at UPS/PO?  And you knew they were there but couldn't get to them?  That IS frustrating.  Hope you are enjoying them now.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #1,563 of 3,122
I'm surprised to hear that there have been issues with the quality of the Angie's. They are my go to IEMs right now, and the quality seems perfect so far. I haven't tried any of the more expensive IEMs, but I am happy with what I paid for from the Angies so far. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #1,565 of 3,122
  What's the lead times on customs these days? I never ordered last year and already have impressions, so I'm looking to finally get a set...

On Jan 5, 2016 I was told that the current lead time is 15-20 business days. I'm currently sitting at ~23 business days (since Dec 22, 2015 when my impressions were received)  and my order status is still "Impressions received and order processed."

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #1,566 of 3,122

(since Dec 22, 2015 when my impressions were received)  and my order status is still "Impressions received and order processed."

My guess is that you fell into the middle of the holiday season and got pushed back because they were closed.  Most likely your clock began to tick after the 1st.  

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #1,567 of 3,122

On Jan 5, 2016 I was told that the current lead time is 15-20 business days. I'm currently sitting at ~23 business days (since Dec 22, 2015 when my impressions were received)  and my order status is still "Impressions received and order processed."

I just got my customs last week. (Unfortunately, they need to go back for some adjustments.) The order status is not necessarily accurate!! Mine had already shipped when I called them, even tho my order had the "impressions received..." status.

I recommend you give them a call.

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #1,568 of 3,122
Just got my pair of K10SLA CIEM in. I'll be comparing them to the Angie later after I get acquainted with the Noble sound signature.

Not that I'm unhappy with the Angie, I love her to death, just curiosity had me try a different brand. :)

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #1,569 of 3,122
Just got my pair of K10SLA CIEM in. I'll be comparing them to the Angie later after I get acquainted with the Noble sound signature.

Not that I'm unhappy with the Angie, I love her to death, just curiosity had me try a different brand. :)

Yeah, I still love Angie too. But I've been terribly curious about the Solar.

Also curious about your impressions of the K10. That's another legend I wish to try one day.

What does SLA mean?

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #1,570 of 3,122

Not that I'm unhappy with the Angie, I love her to death, just curiosity had me try a different brand.
smily_headphones1.gif

A comparison would be very helpful! I am planning to get the K10 (Customs) too in the summer and I wonder how it will fare against the JH Siren Series (I have the Layla).

The K10 has 21 five-star reviews while the Layla doesn't have a single review. Lol, not that it means anything
wink.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #1,571 of 3,122
Yeah, I still love Angie too. But I've been terribly curious about the Solar.

Also curious about your impressions of the K10. That's another legend I wish to try one day.

What does SLA mean?

/OT

SLA is Noble's fast 3D printed version of their custom acrylic CIEM. Funny thing is I ordered them because I'm impatient, but because my dealer held on to my impressions inexplicably for a couple weeks before shipping them to Noble on Christmas Eve (really?) I ended up waiting for 55 days in total. It's supposed to be a 10 business day turn around (two weeks). Needless to say, I won't be using that dealer anymore and regret not going for a full custom design given the stupid length of time I waited for a Black Friday sale item. The idiot also sold my BTS (Bluetooth accessory) that was a part of the sale, so now I need to wait for that to come in also. Bad business.

Anyway.......... Back to the Angie......

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #1,573 of 3,122
Jan 27, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,574 of 3,122
The UERM is relatively flat, like the Angie, but does it so differently that it is nice to hear those differences.  The UERM sound is much more cohesive, a wide soundstage of music with individual instruments/voices popping out of the whole in different locations and volumes.  The Angie seems to be made up of a whole bunch of discrete sounds across the sound stage that, all together, comprise the music.  Both sound glorious, just very different.  .  

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #1,575 of 3,122
Not that I'm unhappy with the Angie, I love her to death, just curiosity had me try a different brand.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooh... new toy syndrome will set in surely. Enjoy them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back