JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 25, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,291 of 3,122
Anyone use a shirt clip for the angies or have any suggestions for it? The weight of the cable seems to drag down the phones

If anything it would drag them up, since the cable is wrapped around your ear. The cable is wrapped around your ear, yes?

Honestly, no one should need a shirt clip for these. But if you must, any lapel clip will do. Search amazon and find one that speaks to you. They are cheep.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,292 of 3,122
Hard to do as the cable is so thick.  When I DID use one I used the alligator part over the wire and to the shirt, not the little wire clip on the back on the clip.  If someone knows of clips with "big" wire clips on the rear, please post a link.  My UERM wire is much thinner.  

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #1,293 of 3,122
I tried using lapel clips with the Angies to keep them from falling and hitting the ground when they were out of my ears on breaks at the gig.  The little notch where you're supposed to clip them is useless.  You have to just jam the cable and the lapel into the main alligator part as olddude describes above.  Completely unreliable otherwise.

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,294 of 3,122
Black Dragon IEM headphone cable V2
Cable Length
48"
Amplifier Termination
2.5mm Balanced Gold Straight Mini Plug (Premolded - fits amps such as: Astell & Kern, RAL, ALO)
Headphone connection
JH Audio - 4 pin for Roxanne, Layla, Angie

Moon Audio is fast!Placed order on 23rd and reach Singapore on 26th,maybe business is slow for them recently.
Bass set at 2 o'clock same as my oem Angie cable.Tighter bass,slightly louder so far.Need more time to compare but don't feel comfortable keep changing cable,afraid I will break something.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #1,295 of 3,122
Drew at Moon is a class act.  If you email him, he will respond quickly.  They also have a good turnaround speed (I read they were closed Dec 24-28).

The Black Dragon is the darker-sounding cable, good for bass.  The Silver Dragon is a bit brighter, good for treble.  You are supposed to get a 2.5dB bump on loudness (at least with the Silvers).  I had the Silvers for my Pono, really well-made cable.

These aren't cheap, but the quality is there.

Dec 26, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #1,296 of 3,122
Drew at Moon is a class act.  If you email him, he will respond quickly.  They also have a good turnaround speed (I read they were closed Dec 24-28).

The Black Dragon is the darker-sounding cable, good for bass.  The Silver Dragon is a bit brighter, good fro treble.  You are supposed to get a 2.5dB bump on loudness (at least with the Silvers).  I had the Silvers for my Pono, really well-made cable.

These aren't cheap, but the quality is there.
My Oppo pm2 is using their v3 silver,big overall improvement:muscle: My Angie will be jealous if she doesn't has at least a v2.
Is there a v3 silver for Angie?Hope not:joy:

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,297 of 3,122
If anything it would drag them up, since the cable is wrapped around your ear. The cable is wrapped around your ear, yes?

Honestly, no one should need a shirt clip for these. But if you must, any lapel clip will do. Search amazon and find one that speaks to you. They are cheep.

Yeah they're behind my ears, that's the part that bothers me when walking/moving around the cable behind my ears feels like its pulling down; when I hold part of the cable up it doesn't drag it down as much

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #1,298 of 3,122
just got the Angie universal. I ordered the custom Angie at first, but my dealer were having a problem with JH. My dealer told me that JH stuck my order and still haven't done it. I have been waiting for the custom for 4 MONTHS!

I'm not sure what's really going on but in the end my dealer offered me some discount of all the CIEM they sold. Tried Westone and FitEar but still got the Angie anyway. The sound signature is really killing it for me. currently pairing it with Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2. loving it so far!

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #1,300 of 3,122
I'm just about at my wits end with Angie. I just received my Rma replacements from bhphoto and the new set just started cutting out again on the left side. I've litterally had them for about 5 hours. Not to mention the finish on the left side at the headphone connecter is less than stellar on this pair. I first thought it was cracked when i opened the box but the resin just isn't perfectly straight and dips down a little exposing more of the black connecter. It's just such a shame because the sound is just so sublime. I just don't know if I should cut my losses and return them or try one last exchange. I know exchanging them for anything else like the shure 846 or w60 would be a downgrade and I wouldn't be happy.

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,301 of 3,122
I'm just about at my wits end with Angie. I just received my Rma replacements from bhphoto and the new set just started cutting out again on the left side. I've litterally had them for about 5 hours. Not to mention the finish on the left side at the headphone connecter is less than stellar on this pair. I first thought it was cracked when i opened the box but the resin just isn't perfectly straight and dips down a little exposing more of the black connecter. It's just such a shame because the sound is just so sublime. I just don't know if I should cut my losses and return them or try one last exchange. I know exchanging them for anything else like the shure 846 or w60 would be a downgrade and I wouldn't be happy.

That really sucks. To me if you have the exact same issue of cutting out it seems unlikely that the problem would exist across two random samples. What are you using for a source? Could it be the plug isn't sitting in the jack properly?

Not sure about the resin.

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #1,302 of 3,122
I had cutout on the right side a bit when I first got it, but it doesn't do that anymore.  Sorry you are having issues.

The UERM (a CIEM) has a somewhat similar sound sig.  I personally don't think the 846 can hold a candle to either the Angie or the UERM, especially in the trebles.  I sold the 846.  

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #1,303 of 3,122

I say try it one more time, if they let you. Then move on. It's not going to cost you anything, yes? Just a few days of waiting.

First, do try and see if the connector is down all the way. These connectors are tricky. Push down, tighten a little. Push down again, tighten some more. Repeat as necessary. It usually only takes me two cycles.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,304 of 3,122
I did finally get the sound back on in the left side by doing what you described but upon further inspection it's definitely cracked.
i emailed them right when I noticed it was cracked upon opening the box, so returning shouldn't be an issue.

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #1,305 of 3,122
Anyone try custom eartips?should be Abt S$108+ear impression $59
In singapore,custom reshelling range from S$279-299 and add $60 for carbon fibre and it takes 8-10 weeks.
Which one should I go for it?
Thanks

Custom eartips bcos cracking the finely-crafted hand-made Kevlar/CF Angie shells just sounds heartbreaking. And because it's reversible. Especially since all Sirens series will be replaced with metal shells soon, so you're holding on to a rare item. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back