JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 20, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #752 of 3,122
thanks i will try it and see if it solves the problem,but do you think it is the problem with the cable? Cause the earphone will cut in and out when i move the earguide.

The earguide is part of the cable. Every time you move it, pressure is put on the connector. So yes, what you describe sounds very much like the cable is not connected securely.

I hope that is the case, since it's an easy fix. :)

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #753 of 3,122

Hey guys,

Iam standing between AngieU and K10U, abit closer to the angie (looks and budget wise), i haven't heard both (Nothing available to audition in egypt)

I currently own SE846, i enjoy it too much but iam itching to try something new in a higher level.

The Angie is in budget, K10 is still not, but if iam spending that kind of money, if the k10 is better i would save up to it, if its not about better but different signature, i would love to hear about it too..

So if anyone tried both and can give me some insight, would appreciate it !

I use to have the se846 which i enjoy very much but find it fatiguing due to the heavy bass and bright sound. I now have the K10U and its a league above the se846. Very tight controlled bass, more clarity in the mids and highs.

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #756 of 3,122
but is the ear guide design to bend at a sharp angle cause i bend the ear guide quite a bit to get it to fit my ear

Yes. It is meant to achieve a good angle. But I would caution restraint. Don't go crazy with it. I've heard that the cable can be damaged there, if you're terribly unlucky. You MAY have broken some wires. I wouldn't assume that's what you did. The connector is ALWAYS the most likely culprit in these matters.

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #757 of 3,122
For me personally i would prefer the k10 as i feel that the bass is more satisfying than on the angie and the mids is also one of the best i have heard anyway you can't go wrong with either 1

I use to have the se846 which i enjoy very much but find it fatiguing due to the heavy bass and bright sound. I now have the K10U and its a league above the se846. Very tight controlled bass, more clarity in the mids and highs.

Thanks guys for your opinion, i guess i will wait some more to get a deal for the k10

sorry, for anyone who found my question inappropriate in this thread, just couldn't find any comparisons online !

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #758 of 3,122

Thanks guys for your opinion, i guess i will wait some more to get a deal for the k10

sorry, for anyone who found my question inappropriate in this thread, just couldn't find any comparisons online !

for that money, i would buy angie + chord mojo , instead of k10

i see you have zx2 which is slightly warm , as is K10 so angie may be a better pairing - mojo also is said to work wonders with zx2 

yes K10 is a very good iem , but i find noble fanboys to be the biggest 'holy grail' tribe in here so i never take their opinion very seriously (just my wise 2 cents here)

if you're gonna spend 1500$ , there are better iems than K10 for less money - do some reading and mute the fanboys from your head , this is your wallet and it will thank you later

cheers

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #759 of 3,122

i see you have zx2 which is slightly warm , as is K10 so angie may be a better pairing - mojo also is said to work wonders with zx2 

yes K10 is a very good iem , but i find noble fanboys to be the biggest 'holy grail' tribe in here so i never take their opinion very seriously (just my wise 2 cents here)

if you're gonna spend 1500$ , there are better iems than K10 for less money - do some reading and mute the fanboys from your head , this is your wallet and it will thank you later

cheers

Good advice...

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #760 of 3,122

cheers

Sound advice.

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #761 of 3,122
Okay, okay okay.....

I am finally using my Angie balanced cable right now.... 

Listening to Jeff Beck Hi-Rez "Blow By Blow" through my GloveAudio A1 (w/attached AK100) and WHOA.... 
eek.gif

Had to turn the volume down - the Angie knows how to reproduce - well she is female...

Seriously, this sounds amazing - it sounded great with the regular cable - but it goes another notch with the balanced - using a true balanced amp - Boom!

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #762 of 3,122

cheers

Well, that's some good way to put it, but i was talking "used" so it is in another budget level, and in that level both were not very far.

i can't afford mojo now, as i went for Cavalli LC a month back.

but anyway, the offer was tempting that i had to pull the trigger on Angie, i know it will be nice and sexy :D

i just hope it reaches close to its best potential with my Japanese Zx2, as i heard it is not the easiest to drive..

Thanks guys

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #763 of 3,122
Angie is 17 Ohm and 117 dB efficiency........ Where did you hear that it isn't the easiest to drive? That's nonsense! It's plenty easy enough. :wink_face:

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #765 of 3,122
Angie is 17 Ohm and 117 dB efficiency........ Where did you hear that it isn't the easiest to drive? That's nonsense! It's plenty easy enough.
wink_face.gif

cool, it's nice to know this,

well, i can't remember where i read this, i have did lots of searching and reading, but i read it somewhere, and to explain exactly it wasn't talking about volume loudness but more about power and engaging sound !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back