JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 22, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #766 of 3,122
It's easy to drive regarding power but difficult to drive properly. Since its impedance drops so low in treble, it requires a source with low output impedance and plenty of current reserves. So, so sources will make Angie overly dark.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #767 of 3,122
Yes, impedance matching is different than drivability.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #768 of 3,122
Hey guys. Heavy Metal listener here and I must say Angie is extremely tempting from all the praise even on universal alone.

I am looking on Roxanne and Angie since Layla is too overkill for my wallet. Which should I go?

I am all about musicality. :D

I especially love listening to live recordings. Like Metallica Through the Never.

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #769 of 3,122
Ya gotta try em.  I found Angie to be head and shoulders above Roxanne, gorgeous sounding and punchier.  The audiologist I bought them through prefers Roxanne, and she's got access to all of them.  Different strokes for different folks.

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #770 of 3,122
Thanks for telling me. Though my budget can only afford Universal Angie for the time being. Maybe I will consider a custom Layla in future xD

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #774 of 3,122
Ah, glad to hear. though on second thought, due to serious budget issues, I am just gonna settle in for a custom JH Pro5 now since I am all about the musical sound signature. :) Saving up for something else.

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #775 of 3,122
I had long term fit issues. For 30 minutes or less I had no problems but for longer listening sessions, the uni started causing me pain. I eventually sold them due to this. A shame because I loved their SQ. I may revisit in the custom form at a future date.

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #776 of 3,122
I had long term fit issues. For 30 minutes or less I had no problems but for longer listening sessions, the uni started causing me pain. I eventually sold them due to this. A shame because I loved their SQ. I may revisit in the custom form at a future date.

That's terrible. Sorry for your troubles. I use Angie U all day without any discomfort. I almost can't imagine how they could be painful, unless you're using the wrong tips for your ears. The stock tips I can totally see growing painful. I never gave them the chance to hurt me, moving right over to JVC Spiral Dots.

Day to day, I switch between Spiral Dots, Ultimate Ears - Large, and UE - Medium, based on how my ears are behaving. Sound wise, I think I'll always prefer the JVCs. They may not seal as well, but they sound so laid back and natural.

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #777 of 3,122
That's terrible. Sorry for your troubles. I use Angie U all day without any discomfort. I almost can't imagine how they could be painful, unless you're using the wrong tips for your ears. The stock tips I can totally see growing painful. I never gave them the chance to hurt me, moving right over to JVC Spiral Dots.

Day to day, I switch between Spiral Dots, Ultimate Ears - Large, and UE - Medium, based on how my ears are behaving. Sound wise, I think I'll always prefer the JVCs. They may not seal as well, but they sound so laid back and natural.

JVC Spiral Dots eh...

Anyway...how big is the Angie exactly? I bet they must be quite big, just not like Roxanne  though...I hope. That one's HUGE.

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #778 of 3,122

It was an issue with how the housing bodies pressed against my ears- they caused pressure points, as they are not exactly ergonomic. Weight, tips and nozzle were no problem. I can see it being a hit or miss thing for people. Lovely sound quality though. One of, if not the best JHA tuning imo.

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #779 of 3,122
It was an issue with how the housing bodies pressed against my ears- they caused pressure points, as they are not exactly ergonomic. Weight, tips and nozzle were no problem. I can see it being a hit or miss thing for people. Lovely sound quality though. One of, if not the best JHA tuning imo.

That there seems to conclude that if I should get it I shall get the custom one.

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #780 of 3,122

Try rotating them toward your eyes. If you pull on the cable they pull up away from your face but I've found it you pull it the other direction it can help with comfort quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back