JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 19, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #46 of 3,122
Or you can email them at

customerservice@jhaudio.com

May 19, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #47 of 3,122
 Are there any decent aftermarket cable options?

May 19, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #50 of 3,122
In my searching I get the impression that Angies are and A&K product. From this group I get the impression they are FRAGILE. Hmmmm.

May 20, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #51 of 3,122
Made by JH, marketed by ak and sold by a2a (in Australia).
What a cluster fudge when things go wrong. He he.
Hope your luck improves!!!
I am trying the Angie's and laylas tomorrow. Hope i like them, though I am not a huge fan of forward mids so we shall see

May 20, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #52 of 3,122
do you guys think Angie will pair well with a smartphone? I'm not an IEM guy, but nowadays I go out without my bag very often. I need something that is ultraportable that I can stuff into my pocket. I'm seriously considering Angie, but will it perform well with smartphone (I have LG G3)? I don't like too much bulge into my pocket, so I want to avoid stuffing a DAP into my pocket.

May 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #53 of 3,122
Depends if the output impedance is low enough or not. I have been finding the Laylas sound different with different gear -- darker from the AK240 and lighter-sounding from the Hugo and new ALO Rx amp. 

May 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #54 of 3,122
Sounds great from my iPhone 6! Not sure that they are fragile necessarily, but ive seen reports of faulty cables. Don't know how wide spread of a problem it is in the grand scheme of things but I've seen a few posts about it.

May 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #55 of 3,122
Today I received Angie iems.

I'm very happy for now. First fitting is strange but later fitting is very good and comfortable. This iems are big but don't falling from ears because ear guides very good.

The sound is really really good and I give more opinion of sound after I listening more.

I'm selling Parterre now because I like Angie more reference sound but Parterre construction is better than Angie and FitEar is unique for this I think. Parterre is more bass and maybe more soundstage I think. I have Angie bass setting 1 o'clock.

May 20, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #56 of 3,122
  my left cable is starting to short out near the earpiece end somewhere in the memory wire.... and just read on their website that cables aren't covered under warranty and a new one from jha is 65... Are there any decent aftermarket options near that price??

The cable on your Angies is shorting out?  Hard to believe the cable isn't covered under the warranty, especially since it's not a cheap throwaway cable like most that are included with IEMs.

I'm already noticing the weave on my cables coming undone a bit, nothing major but a bit unnerving, especially in light of your cable failure.  Overall though, the cable is very non-microphonic, which I like.

May 20, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #57 of 3,122
Sounds like ATI is still having serious QC issues with their outsourced JHA stock cables. Maybe JHA should have stuck with Plastics1.

Any word on 3rd party cable availability yet? Should I decide to go with Angie, I'll be looking to someone like PlusSound to make me a more reliable cable.

May 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #58 of 3,122
Sounds great from my iPhone 6! Not sure that they are fragile necessarily, but ive seen reports of faulty cables. Don't know how wide spread of a problem it is in the grand scheme of things but I've seen a few posts about it.

Ya, I thought them pretty sorted after the connecter issue was resolved. I bet they take care of it for you if only a month or so old. Looks like it should better than the old stock cables before controls.

May 22, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #59 of 3,122
No issues with quality control here. The Angies are unbelievable. Very clear, detailed and no harshness to be found. I am using them with a modified Hugo and fiio X5. The soundstage is pretty much equal to my HE-560.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back