JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 12, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #2,956 of 3,122
Hey guys!

I've been reading through this thread and have been curious to see what people have moved on to. I feel that much has changed in IEM in the last few years and there might be something improved in this price range, but with a similar sound signature. I'm seeing the V2 on Amazon for 900, which isn't too bad at all though.
My CIEM Angies were my top IEMS for some time but I've moved on to planar IEMs such as Audeze I4 and RHA CL-2 which I like a lot. My Angies are used during walks with the dog and they still perform well. I think JH Audio got a little overwhelmed in the last few years with so many competitors and lower prices; plus universal IEMS are now the standard because they fit so well (customs are not a necessity anymore).

May 13, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,958 of 3,122
My CIEM Angies were my top IEMS for some time but I've moved on to planar IEMs such as Audeze I4 and RHA CL-2 which I like a lot. My Angies are used during walks with the dog and they still perform well. I think JH Audio got a little overwhelmed in the last few years with so many competitors and lower prices; plus universal IEMS are now the standard because they fit so well (customs are not a necessity anymore).
I tried the Angie's out and they didn't quite work out for me. I think they were a bit too laid back... It's honestly hard to put a finger on it.

I've ended up with an i4 as well! That plus my Anole vx. I'm really happy and don't think I could ask for more

May 13, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2,959 of 3,122
Maybe a 64 Audio N8 for a different flavor. That doubles my ear impression costs though since I am sure JH Audio is not going to send their scans to another company. I want custom too, which Campfire Audio does not do. My Angie universal will be sold for a custom Angie as I am tired of dealing with tips.

Actually Campfire do a limited run of a model called Equinox based on the atlas model but tweaked. They release a set amount every so often.

May 16, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #2,962 of 3,122
How is JH Audio’s customer service? I heard bad things about it, but that was in 2015 postings, so is not necessarily reflective of today.

May 17, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #2,963 of 3,122
I have a JH13v2, JH16v2, Lola and Roxanne coming from JH Audio on loan to evaluate.

May 18, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,964 of 3,122
I was very excited for the Lola. But it didn’t gather enough interest. That thread is like a ghost town. Would love to hear your comparisons.

May 18, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #2,965 of 3,122
I was very excited for the Lola. But it didn’t gather enough interest. That thread is like a ghost town. Would love to hear your comparisons.

I an not an expert at evaluating IEMs as I just want what I like most from JH Audio, Empire Ears or 64 Audio. I will post what I find as differences and which I like best.

May 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2,967 of 3,122
Angie has a phenomenal tuning, but not really good at micro details. Very emotional and involving, for sure, just a bit behind in resolution compared to current TOTL offerings. There will always be a place in my heart (and my avatar) for Angie. This IEM got me all into the game.

May 19, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #2,968 of 3,122
I fell in love with Angie’s tuning as soon as I heard it. I owned Angie II (A&K FMJ version) and held onto it for a while even though I always had fit issues with it. After selling it I missed it so much that I purchased Angie I even though it has a larger shell than Angie II. Obviously the fit was worse, but I couldn’t stop chasing the Angie signature. So recently I purchased a custom Angie which I am hoping to get re-shelled. I actually came that close to purchasing a custom Angie direct from the JH/manufacturer, something I very rarely do.

May 19, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #2,969 of 3,122
Angie has a phenomenal tuning, but not really good at micro details. Very emotional and involving, for sure, just a bit behind in resolution compared to current TOTL offerings. There will always be a place in my heart (and my avatar) for Angie. This IEM got me all into the game.

My Angie will stay with me and be sold for a custom Angie after I get my first custom for another IEM. If it ends up being a JH Audio CIEM, I might get the custom Angie with it during a sale.

May 26, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #2,970 of 3,122
C849D150-29E4-4674-8C97-592C04877B3E.jpeg
It is a shootout between Lola and Roxanne now until I get the EE loaners. Angie is still sounding good to me too. Just different presentation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back