JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #2,191 of 3,122
Hi guys, jumped to the Angie I from W60 recently.

Best upgrade so far since my Shure e4c to e5c jump.

Bought a Beat Audio Supernova last week and run in balanced out with my Onkyo DP-X1

It's a very strong combo.

Anyone using the DP-X1 to pair with Angie in this thread?

May 18, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #2,192 of 3,122

Bought a Beat Audio Supernova last week and run in balanced out with my Onkyo DP-X1

I pretty much only use my Angie V1 and Rosie with the DP-XI. I really enjoy the sound combination. 

May 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #2,195 of 3,122

You prefer to run in balanced or ACG mode?

in balanced mode, you'll get more power 
wink.gif

May 18, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #2,196 of 3,122

I have to say we took the same path here, moving from W60 to Angie1 and having DP-X1 now. Haha.

I got my Angie with Moon balanced Black Dragon and it sound amazing from DP-X1. Btw, I always put it in ACG mode as I feel it gives more spacious and 3D sounding.

Cheers!

May 18, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #2,198 of 3,122
I'm new with Angie and on the side of the left canister, where the tips are inserted, there is a small notch. Is this just an aesthetic defect or may incur it anything more serious?

Thank you.

Can you take a picture?

May 18, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #2,200 of 3,122

You prefer to run in balanced or ACG mode?

Good combo Woody, I used to have that combo too. Balanced mode always. Onkyo shines most from the balanced out.

May 18, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #2,201 of 3,122

Good combo Woody, I used to have that combo too. Balanced mode always. Onkyo shines most from the balanced out.

Thanks Ezekiel.

I am using the balanced out for my Angie.

It's an option on the Onkyo that let you choose between basic balanced mode and Active Ground Control mode.

The basic balanced mode is significantly louder and brings everything much forward.

ACG on the other hand sound more laid back with more air.

Can't really make up mind between one of them.

May 18, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #2,202 of 3,122
I have to say we took the same path here, moving from W60 to Angie1 and having DP-X1 now. Haha.

I got my Angie with Moon balanced Black Dragon and it sound amazing from DP-X1. Btw, I always put it in ACG mode as I feel it gives more spacious and 3D sounding.

Cheers!

Good to hear someone going the exact same path as me.

High Five!

Same feeling regarding the ACG mode as you. Mind if I ask your DP-X1 a EU/HK version or a JAP version?

May 19, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #2,203 of 3,122

I know its just speculation but, I have Angie (II) and FiiO X7, waiting for the balanced amplifier AM3 to become available, a friend told me (using technical arguments) that I should not expect differences in sound quality but all I read here about balanced output to IEMs tells me the opposite . any thougths on this?

Regards

May 19, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #2,204 of 3,122

I know its just speculation but, I have Angie (II) and FiiO X7, waiting for the balanced amplifier AM3 to become available, a friend told me (using technical arguments) that I should not expect differences in sound quality but all I read here about balanced output to IEMs tells me the opposite . any thougths on this?

Regards

Technically it lowers the noise floor. So in theory, you should get increased perceived clarity. Some (including me) report better soundstage and imaging. It's all subjective. Of course, they're not volume-matched with SE, and some buy it some don't.

In other words? You never know until you try. Like cables. 
wink.gif

May 19, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #2,205 of 3,122

Technically it lowers the noise floor. So in theory, you should get increased perceived clarity. Some (including me) report better soundstage and imaging. It's all subjective. Of course, they're not volume-matched with SE, and some buy it some don't.

In other words? You never know until you try. Like cables. 
wink.gif

Thanks! I think FiiO will soon announce AM3, can't wait to try.
Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back