JH-3A SIGHTINGS in the WILD
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #196 of 246

Quote:
That probably wouldn't do to much unless you were getting some kind ground loop from the AC charger.  Its been through so many revisions I don't even know if that's actually possible though.

Does it charge from AC while playing over USB and does the charger even have a ground pin (ie a 3 prong plug)?  If the answer to either of those is "no" I wouldn't expect it to help much.

If the JH3A's power filtering is particularly bad or your PC's USB ports are especially noisy it could help.  If you don't hear differences between different computers or the same laptop with and without it being plugged in to the wall (since the power supply has more noise than the battery) then it probably won't help at all.

Thank you for the reply.  Much appreciated!

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #197 of 246

Quote:
just emailed to JHA and they said my 3A will be shipped in next 10 days
can't wait!

Very exciting quanxu! Do you mind letting me and the forum know when JHA received your ear molds. I'm currently waiting on a JH-3A my self and they received my molds on JAN 3. Knowing how long it took yours might give me an idea how long I can expect to wait. Thanks in advance!

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #198 of 246
I received an email from Jamie yesterday (1/23) telling me that some amps had arrived on Monday and to send in my unit and IEMs for an exchange.  So it looks like another set of amps has come in.  How many, I have no idea.

I sent in my older unit today and it should get to JH Audio on Thursday.  Not quite sure what is entailed beyond getting the latest version of the 3A, so I have no idea how long the whole process will take or when I will get anything from JH Audio.  To date, they have given me really fast turn around on my orders (save for the delay in the JH-3A) and any fit adjustments.

I have some lingering ambivalence about sending my unit back for, barring a rather sensitive pot, the sound was amazing, completely black background.  I have traveled many thousands of miles (and not a peep from TSA or other airport security!) with the 3A (plus CLAS and iPod Classic) and I have simply so enjoyed what I have heard from this thing.  I hope the new unit is at least as good.

I hope those waiting for their 3As get them quickly.   You'll be really in for some wonderful listening.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #199 of 246

Quote:
Very exciting quanxu! Do you mind letting me and the forum know when JHA received your ear molds. I'm currently waiting on a JH-3A my self and they received my molds on JAN 3. Knowing how long it took yours might give me an idea how long I can expect to wait. Thanks in advance!

They received my era molds in early dec 2011.and just got an emails from them that i will be receiving my amps and jh16 tmr. so i think that will be almost 6 weeks or even more. but i believe its worth waiting cuz you don't want them to rush your order and mess up with all the stuff.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #200 of 246
Received my JH3A today. Seems they forgot to send me the adaptor or, do we have to buy that separately?
Fits perfectly but channel imbalance =(( Not happy. I can easily tell that the sound comes from the right ear is much louder than it from the left.
Since they did not send me the adapter so I cannot tell the problem comes from either the amp or jh16pro.

SADDDDDD! Since I'm living in Canada,that means send them back to US and maybe another months waiting.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #201 of 246

Quote:
Received my JH3A today. Seems they forgot to send me the adaptor or, do we have to buy that separately?
Fits perfectly but channel imbalance =(( Not happy. I can easily tell that the sound comes from the right ear is much louder than it from the left.
Since they did not send me the adapter so I cannot tell the problem comes from either the amp or jh16pro.

SADDDDDD! Since I'm living in Canada,that means send them back to US and maybe another months waiting.

Man I feel your pain on that one quanxu. Did you order the single end adaptor separately? I think you have to order one right, or are the JH-3As shipping with one now?

Does the channel imbalance happen only on the lowest volume levels or throughout?

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #202 of 246
My JH3A came with the adapter.  However, I was on the preorder list so the adapter may have been added as a thank you gift for waiting.

I notice that the connection to the 8-pin can be flaky.  Apply force on the connector towards the power switch to see of that helps the left channel.  Good luck

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #203 of 246

Quote:
Man I feel your pain on that one quanxu. Did you order the single end adaptor separately? I think you have to order one right, or are the JH-3As shipping with one now?

Does the channel imbalance happen only on the lowest volume levels or throughout?

Sad sad sad now =(( I am gonna talk to them about the adapter and also the channel imbalance soon. It happens on all the volume. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #204 of 246

Quote:
My JH3A came with the adapter.  However, I was on the preorder list so the adapter may have been added as a thank you gift for waiting.

I notice that the connection to the 8-pin can be flaky.  Apply force on the connector towards the power switch to see of that helps the left channel.  Good luck

Thanks for the advice but that does not help.=(

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #205 of 246

Quote:

Yes it is really something special. There is a night and day difference between the JH3A and the JH16 (using the adaptor) with the iPod-Clas-portable amp (Lisa III or Protector SE). The transparency, speed, detail and particularly the imaging is amazing. 

Also I like the mids much better with the revision than the original JH3A

can you let me know whether you can listen to JH3A for a long time(ie do you feel any fatigue?) I've been eyeing on this product fot so long but still can't pull the trigger yet.... Hope you can share your experience.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #206 of 246
I do not feel listener fatigue while using my JH3A.  I use the device at work for 2 to 3 hour stretches without removing the ear-pieces.

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #208 of 246
My current playlist has Joe Bonamassa, Eric Clapton and Paul Potts with classical recordings including Puccini and works by Yo-Yo Ma.  I also have listened to live albums by Alicia Keys and Erykah Badu.  I love live albums.  I have also been listening to Ramsey Lewis lately.

I have to add that I am using a USB to SPDIF converter with the JH3A.  The SPDIF input on the JH3A is superior to the USB input.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #209 of 246
Quote:
I do not feel listener fatigue while using my JH3A.  I use the device at work for 2 to 3 hour stretches without removing the ear-pieces.

I received a replacement unit (I had one of the early ones that JHAudio shipped) this morning and am still listening to it.  It's been now almost five hours without removing the IEMS and they feel just fine.

I wish my listening skills were good enough to say how the two units differ in sound.  All I can say is I am getting great sound from the this new unit as I did from the old one.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #210 of 246
Quote:

I received a replacement unit (I had one of the early ones that JHAudio shipped) this morning and am still listening to it.  It's been now almost five hours without removing the IEMS and they feel just fine.

I wish my listening skills were good enough to say how the two units differ in sound.  All I can say is I am getting great sound from the this new unit as I did from the old one.

Great!!! That is what I really want to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back