JH-3A SIGHTINGS in the WILD
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #166 of 246
The best way to feed 3A from a Ipad is by CLAS. That is what the CLAS where made for. It cleans the signal from jitter and reclock it before sending it via spdif coax (or mini to mini analog) to the 3A. For the 3A system it is worth the extra 500+ $ that you'll have to pay for the CLAS. So much better than the camera connector kit. And you can use it with any other hifi system to get top notch sound, digital or analog, out of any ipad or ipod. And it is portable to.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #167 of 246
Anyone know how to wire the 4-pole 1/8" connector for (digital) coax-in?  I want to make a long cable and compare it to a moon-audio 2 footer I plan on buying.

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #169 of 246
Thank you Germs.  If using a 3-pol connector do you think locating the SPDIF where the "R" is would work for the digital input?

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #170 of 246
The Left and Right connections are the same for a 3 poles and 4 poles. In a 4 poles the Ground is splited with another connection, the SPDIF in our case. That is why you cannot use a 3 pole to send the digital signal.

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #171 of 246
Makes sense. Thank you again Geems.  Any idea where one can get a 4-pole connector and even the iPod connector?

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #174 of 246

biggrin.gif

PS: 
basshead.gif

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #176 of 246
Just bumping this thread ,seems to have died down .I am listening to Patricia Barber Live A Fortnight in France.(highly recommended Cd)
Bass reproduction dead on with a lot of Weight,Drumsticks hitting the Drum rim easily defined,Hall ambience from the crowd expansive.
Barbers voice is great on this cd as well as Piano key strikes.
 I also listened to Coyote Ugly Cd, The Devil Went Down to Georgia (the Charlie Daniels Band) Bango rifts are amazing in this track.
 All in all I am very Happy with the 3A/Jh16 .

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #177 of 246
I'll have two USB to SPDIF converters here this week. One very cheap and the second is JKSPDIF mk3.  I'll let you all know what I think using jplay, a cheap USB cable and a Moon Audio BNC cable.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #178 of 246
The JKSPDIF has arrived.  I am really enjoying it so far.  I am going to use it for a few days then start listening critically to see its benefit over the USB input.  The music does seem more 'Alive' at this point.  

Does everyone believe a WyWires USB cable would trump a cheapo USB cable in the configuration I have?

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #179 of 246
I have to say the more I listen to the Jha3a/16,the more I am impressed with its sound quality.Its too bad the turbulant journey getting the final product to market,putting off pontentail buyers.
I for one have been it since the beginning as I ordered it at canjam 2010. Believe me I almost cancelled & glad I didn't with all the bumps in the road I encountered..

Jerry got it right this time.  This is truly a special product.I am no way a JHA fanboy & own & heard a lot of top gear the JHa3a fits right in.

I know others have the final units in hand & would like to hear their thoughts.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #180 of 246

Quote:
I have to say the more I listen to the Jha3a/16,the more I am impressed with its sound quality.Its too bad the turbulant journey getting the final product to market,putting off pontentail buyers.
I for one have been it since the beginning as I ordered it at canjam 2010. Believe me I almost cancelled & glad I didn't with all the bumps in the road I encountered..

Jerry got it right this time.  This is truly a special product.I am no way a JHA fanboy & own & heard a lot of top gear the JHa3a fits right in.

I know others have the final units in hand & would like to hear their thoughts.

Yes it is really something special. There is a night and day difference between the JH3A and the JH16 (using the adaptor) with the iPod-Clas-portable amp (Lisa III or Protector SE). The transparency, speed, detail and particularly the imaging is amazing. 

Also I like the mids much better with the revision than the original JH3A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back