JH-3A SIGHTINGS in the WILD
Dec 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #151 of 246

Quote:
Are they reusing the internal earpiece components?

I believe they do, although when the first released this product and offered the upgrade service they stated the Low drivers get spoilt once taken out of the shell and these needed to be replaced.
If that is the case then they should be replacing the Low drivers on everyone's standard JH customs everytime they have to be re made when sent in for re-fits but they don't.

Just hope i get mine back soon.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #152 of 246

Quote:

If that is the case then they should be replacing the Low drivers on everyone's standard JH customs everytime they have to be re made when sent in for re-fits but they don't.

a refit normally involves making a modification to the outer shell and not a remold. For a refit since the shells are not opened non of the internal components would be at risk. In the case that a remold needed to be done then yes components damaged by the process would need to be replaced.

Tom I am really curious about the audiophilleo2 please let us know how you like it

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #153 of 246

Quote:

Tom I am really curious about the audiophilleo2 please let us know how you like it

Will do,I haven;t listened to it yet.my daughter came in from denver for the holidays yesterday so I have been spending time with her,
No time to listen due to all the activity at my house ,

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #155 of 246
Dec 21, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #156 of 246

Quote:
a refit normally involves making a modification to the outer shell and not a remold. For a refit since the shells are not opened non of the internal components would be at risk. In the case that a remold needed to be done then yes components damaged by the process would need to be replaced.

I do say when they are re made when sent in for re fits, I asked them once if they replace the low drivers if the customs are remade and the answer was that they do not and that they use the same drivers so i then referred them to Jerry's comment where he said that when the drivers are taken out of the original shell the low drivers get spoilt and have to be replaced but never got a reply back.
Jerry had said this when he explained the process of upgrading standard 16's to the JH-3A which they no longer offer.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #157 of 246

Quote:
I do say when they are re made when sent in for re fits, I asked them once if they replace the low drivers if the customs are remade and the answer was that they do not and that they use the same drivers so i then referred them to Jerry's comment where he said that when the drivers are taken out of the original shell the low drivers get spoilt and have to be replaced but never got a reply back.
Jerry had said this when he explained the process of upgrading standard 16's to the JH-3A which they no longer offer.

For just one moment think about what you are saying and overlay logic on top of your statement.

If the low drivers were "spoilt" and needed to be replaced and were not each and every person that a refit done (and there are many) would have received defective IEMs. Upon the litany of feedback JH has received here its not been for defective drivers. Wait time, 3a amp issues and communication yes IEMs that have defective low drivers no. This is one of the dangers of the web, it's a giant virtual version of the telephone game.

I am eagerly awaiting my 3a redo as I waited on getting the amp replaced and now am in between shipments of amps but should have my rig by first week of January or so. No worries for me as I've got plenty of other toys to keep me occupied.

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #158 of 246
I don't think you understand that i was only stating what Jerry had put up on facebook and what i was then told by someone at JH so it should be a question for JH why they said the low drivers get spoilt once removed from the shell yet theystill re use all the same drivers when they remake standard customs. Including the low.
You can't argue with me over something JH stated themselves jp11801.

If what Jerry says below is true then this would mean that everyone who has bought a used set and had them reshelled would have a defective set.

Statement made by Jerry on facebook.
"We at JHAudio know you guys are skeptical about modifying your JH13 or JH16 for use with the JH-3A Amp and we would like to shed a little light on what exactly is going into the mod so you can make an educated decision about it.

In short, the mod involved removing all of the crossovers from your JH13 or JH16. In reality, we are completely rebuilding your IEM. Just about the only part that will be original is your outer shell. We basically have to gut your earpiece to remove a number of components as well as the crossovers (so that the DSP amp can provide the crossovers for it, of course). The low drivers and sound tubes must be replaced because they are ruined once they are pulled out of the shell, which is necessary to complete the modification. Next, we need to add another socket to each earpiece (two per side) and remake/shape faceplates for each so that they fit properly with the new socket.

Once the physical changes are made the earpiece must itself be tuned, then it must be tuned with the amp, digitally. Along with changes to the earpiece itself, your cable is swapped out for a 8 line connector cable, which has four lines per side and connects to the two sockets in each piece. All of this is time and effort creates a brand new earpiece for you, perfectly matched to your amp.

Historically, we do not 'remake' our earpieces but, in this case, we think our loyal customers deserve the best and we want you to have the option of this amp with your current pieces."

Sorry to derail the thread so let's get back on topic.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #159 of 246
So I just called JH today, to check in before the holiday; what do you know, it just shipped today!  Kind of regret my choice on the slowest delivery, but perhaps a lesson in patience is warranted.  Merry Christmas all!

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #160 of 246
I am listening to the 3a using my laptop playing Billy Vera & The Beaters by Request CD,Cardas clear USB cable to a Audiophilleo2 ,Moon audio black dragon bnc to TRSS cable to the 3a.
Detail is amazing, instrument separation is top notch..You can hear the raspiness & vibration in Billys voice  Black background .Live audiance voices come out in the hall ambiance.
Not sure what all the components are adding individually to the sound Quality by themself because I added them at the same time.
End result worth the wait.Only a few hours on the system so breakin will even open up the sound more.

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #162 of 246

Quote:
Tom sounds fantastic! The amp definately opened up over the course of RMAF weekend. 

I found that to be true with the original setup as well,I expect no less from the new one..

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #163 of 246
Just Order JH3A, now i have to think about how to feed it.

My idea was iPad > Camera Connector Kit > JH3A via usb, but i dont sure ipad can use with jh3a
did anyone have try it, or any idea?

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #164 of 246

Quote:
Just Order JH3A, now i have to think about how to feed it.

My idea was iPad > Camera Connector Kit > JH3A via usb, but i dont sure ipad can use with jh3a
did anyone have try it, or any idea?

Ipad have a line-out kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back