JH 16 pro with JH3A
May 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chris12345

New Head-Fier
Dear all,

I am considering to buy a JH 16 pro and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to go directly for an JH3A. I already listened to a JH 16 pro demo unit, but unfortunately, there seems to be no JH3A demo unit available. In case that here are some owners of the JH3A around, I would be very pleased if you could comment on some of these questions:

When l am working, I am usually listening to music at a VERY LOW volume. As most IEMs are very sensitive, I am usually using an attenuator between my MP3 player and the IEM to eliminate any background noise/hiss. In addition, adjusting the volume at lower levels is much easier with most MP3 players as the increase in volume between the different volume levels is smaller. Using an attenuator between the JH3A and the JH 16 pro is neither possible nor a good idea at all. I was wondering if the JH3A produces any background noise/hiss or if it is absolutely dead silent? Is this the case for both, digital and analog input? For analog input I would set the volume of the MP3 player to its maximum, which means that the signal to noise ration should be large. Am I right with the assumption that when I listen at low volumes, the background noise/hiss should not be hearable any more? How about the volume control at low volume levels? Is this easily to adjust at low levels and what is the minimum volume level, for example in comparison to an iPod with JH 16 pro without JH3A?
JH Audio is also offering an adapter to directly connect the JH 16 pro to any MP3 player. Does this sound exactly like a standard JH 16 pro or are there any differences?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Best,
Chris

May 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't own a JH3A, but I know once you get your JH-16 you can't upgrade to the JH3A. 

May 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 5
You should email these questions to JH Audio and they will answer you correctely but JH16Pro+JH3a are very good combo, listening at loud or low volume will not make difference.

May 27, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Dear all,

I am considering to buy a JH 16 pro and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to go directly for an JH3A. I already listened to a JH 16 pro demo unit, but unfortunately, there seems to be no JH3A demo unit available. In case that here are some owners of the JH3A around, I would be very pleased if you could comment on some of these questions:

When l am working, I am usually listening to music at a VERY LOW volume. As most IEMs are very sensitive, I am usually using an attenuator between my MP3 player and the IEM to eliminate any background noise/hiss. In addition, adjusting the volume at lower levels is much easier with most MP3 players as the increase in volume between the different volume levels is smaller. Using an attenuator between the JH3A and the JH 16 pro is neither possible nor a good idea at all. I was wondering if the JH3A produces any background noise/hiss or if it is absolutely dead silent? Is this the case for both, digital and analog input? For analog input I would set the volume of the MP3 player to its maximum, which means that the signal to noise ration should be large. Am I right with the assumption that when I listen at low volumes, the background noise/hiss should not be hearable any more? How about the volume control at low volume levels? Is this easily to adjust at low levels and what is the minimum volume level, for example in comparison to an iPod with JH 16 pro without JH3A?
JH Audio is also offering an adapter to directly connect the JH 16 pro to any MP3 player. Does this sound exactly like a standard JH 16 pro or are there any differences?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Best,
Chris

Some people reported a serious hiss with the early, patent-violating versions of the jh3a. I don't know what the status is with the new, simplified passive-crossover version of the jh3a, but you should definitely find out before you buy. And Jerry will tell you whatever he has to in order to sell you one, so I would ask someone who has owned it a while instead.

You might be better off with a different custom iem.

May 27, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Some people reported a serious hiss with the early, patent-violating versions of the jh3a. I don't know what the status is with the new, simplified passive-crossover version of the jh3a, but you should definitely find out before you buy. And Jerry will tell you whatever he has to in order to sell you one, so I would ask someone who has owned it a while instead.

You might be better off with a different custom iem.

You really have a hate on for Jerry and his products. All your comments are negative in every post I have seen regarding JH. Do you own or have owned any of these products that have caused you to develop this hate? Yes, you are entitled to your opinion but try to be more constructive with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back