Jerry Harvey Granted Dual High Frequency Canalphone Patent
Dec 15, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #16 of 121
You're right, gill. I have a feeling if this goes on bear and I will be getting a message from the mods. Best to save them the time.

Bear, we misunderstood each other, and are arguing over pointless semantics. We really don't need to continue this. I'm going to clean up my posts and clarify.

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #17 of 121
I've finished reading the patent link provided... and I've concluded that I just don't know enough about IEM design to know what all will be impacted, but it does seem to be a pretty inclusive patent with details namely on pairing high frequency drivers in such a position as to help improve transient response and allow the use of smaller drivers for 12-18 kHz, and dual bore designs for carrying away the high frequencies, as well as something about damping those drivers.

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #19 of 121
Congratulations to Jerry Harvey on the ideas (I have a JH13) and congratulations to his lawyers on all the money they will be making. Now, by law, they have to defend the patents. Let a million cease and desist letters bloom.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #20 of 121
Bear, we misunderstood each other, and are arguing over pointless semantics. We really don't need to continue this. I'm going to clean up my posts and clarify.

That is one of the reasons I did not "quote" your post so that if need be you could edit it.  Unfortunately someone did quote mine so... wont be able to edit it...go figure.

Semantics is tough on a forum...
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #21 of 121
Not trying to defend JHAudio but a lot of our daily products have patented bits most notably medical products.

Unless JHAudio behaves like Apple, I don't see a reason to have a go at them for no apparent reason.

Being a patent holder doesn't automatically make you evil, it's how you use it and how you defend it does and Jerry doesn't sound or look like Jobs in the least.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #22 of 121
  Now, by law, they have to defend the patents. Let a million cease and desist letters bloom.

Huh? Where do you get this idea from.  That's backwards thinking.
"The Patent Act provides that an issued patent is presumed valid, and the burden of establishing that a patent is invalid rests with the person asserting its invalidity." See 35 U.S.C. § 282 (the US Patent Act.) cited from http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/patent

Sheesh, I need beer, I have been 'mister literal' too much today.  Been researching compliance documents all day and can't stop analyzing. 
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #23 of 121
  That is one of the reasons I did not "quote" your post so that if need be you could edit it.  Unfortunately someone did quote mine so... wont be able to edit it...go figure.

Semantics is tough on a forum...
beerchug.gif

End of first page is quoted. I removed the whole argument bit of all of my posts. Mind updating?

Haven't you heard? Internet is serious business! 
atsmile.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #25 of 121
Congrats to JH and I do hope this patent allows for more innovation not to restrict such growth.

That's the exact opposite purpose of a patent, but yes to the sentiment
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #26 of 121

Sheesh, I need a glass of wine, I have been 'mister literal' too much today.  Been researching compliance documents all day and can't stop analyzing. 
frown.gif

I fixed that for you bearFNF <3

but yea, it's... threads like these that have lead to my dis interest in head fi these days 

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #27 of 121
  Huh? Where do you get this idea from.  That's backwards thinking.
Sheesh, I need beer, I have been 'mister literal' too much today.  Been researching compliance documents all day and can't stop analyzing. 
frown.gif

I was making a joke, but I was under the impression that if you don't defend a patent you can lose it. Maybe I'm confusing that with trade marks.

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #28 of 121
I fixed that for you bearFNF <3

but yea, it's... threads like these that have lead to my dis interest in head fi these days 

Thanks
I opted for whiskey instead...cheers
I was making a joke, but I was under the impression that if you don't defend a patent you can lose it. Maybe I'm confusing that with trade marks.

Hmm...not sure there...but like I said I have been over analyzing things today. ..so ignore me. :) while I have another glass of whiskey.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #30 of 121
  As of November 25, 2014, Jerry Harvey Audio is pleased to announce that Jerry Harvey has been granted US Patent 8,897,463 for his invention of the Dual High Frequency Canalphone System. This Patent covers JHAudio products with Dual and Quad high drivers: JH13Pro, JH16Pro, Roxanne, with more to come!  Additionally, Jerry has received Notice of Allowance on the Freqphase Wave|Guide Technology Patent, which applies to the same products in the JHAudio line.

We are extremely pleased to receive this Patent news, as it reinforces Jerry Harvey's place as the Inventor of the most cutting edge IEM designs and Jerry Harvey Audio as the destination for the most innovative In-Ear products in the world.

For more information visit: http://1.usa.gov/1waRT54

Can you explain what this means for competing IEM companies and their future products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back