JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #363 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess we won't be hearing any new info.

If you look at the Jena Labs website, it seems they will be posting a reply.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #365 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look at the Jena Labs website, it seems they will be posting a reply.

You omit that they do reply there. I wonder why. For what it's worth, looking to that site one also reads that they corroborate that the much maligned Morph201 is not even a customer of theirs and quote the email he sent to them inquiring, which makes pretty clear he has no special or actually any relationship with them. They post their entire email response to him thus owning it fully and making clear they have been aware of his posting it and don' t object. They do not attempt to excuse or explain their sending info about a customer including his name and the details of their transactions with him to anyone else much less a stranger.

I believe that the treatment Morph201, for one, has received in this thread is appalling even given the ways he has been coy and withholding herein and even given his bad rep at other discussion sites. The viciousness displayed and then applauded for the prurient entertainment derived by others is sickening to me, however uncool that makes me seem to some. I wish those that this pertains to would take their popcorn to a dogfight or some such or better yet just shove it...

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #366 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You omit that they do reply there. I wonder why. For what it's worth, looking to that site one also reads that they corroborate that the much maligned Morph201 is not even a customer of theirs and quote the email he sent to them inquiring, which makes pretty clear he has no special or actually any relationship with them. They post their entire email response to him thus owning it fully and making clear they have been aware of his posting it and don' t object. They do not attempt to excuse or explain their sending info about a customer including his name and the details of their transactions with him to anyone else much less a stranger.

I believe that the treatment Morph201, for one, has received in this thread is appalling even given the ways he has been coy and withholding herein and even given his bad rep at other discussion sites. The viciousness displayed and then applauded for the prurient entertainment derived by others is sickening to me, however uncool that makes me seem to some. I wish those that this pertains to would take their popcorn to a dogfight or some such or better yet just shove it...

I agree 100%.
The level of maturity here is making me feel rather sad.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #367 of 626
Morph201's maturity level in posts warranted the responses.

But come on, revealing the name of the owner of the R10 is low. The JL website is just a little blurb and the email posted earlier.

I hope that anyone that reads about this can piece together the information and come to the right conclusion.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #368 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'Head-Fi, The Mus-ical / Comedy", I like it Unc...lol

Perhaps as a finale, warterboarding "Morph The Cat" till the truth is told...LOL

All that aside, seriously; What I know of morph on the boards and by PMs, is that he does like to stir it up, as a contrarian, just for his own entertainment and jollies; But this time he got involved a bit over his head and may have done both himself and JL more harm than good, particularly without his considering the real victim here in all of this, boilingfrog(the imagery of that moniker seems unfortunately appropo in this case).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...And the moral of the story line : You never can be so very sure...(my Celtics lost in what I was sure to be a certainty
wink.gif
)

Humbling experience, and I was so very sure of it
smily_headphones1.gif

As I said early on Morph201 was only playing a contrarian or the devils advocate, and he did so by getting in over his head on something very serious to many and he was used by JL and abused by some here. Simply unfortunate all ways around, as I said, especially B.F....

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #371 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many laws did they break disclosing customer's personally identifiable information first to some *curious* 3rd party and then publicly on their web page?

Not sure if they broke any laws but if I were a potential or current customer I certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENA Labs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is our reply to all of the thread contents...
We do have something to say about all of it.
jenalabs headphone mod for sony R10

enjoy

I believe that your "something" officially qualifies as nothing new since you already provided that information to a third party (minus the personal stuff) and since you've been following the thread you know it's already been posted here. What I'd be more interesting in hearing is how you came to the conclusion that you had "repaired" the headphones before returning them to the customer. Any comment on that?

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #372 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if they broke any laws but if I were a potential or current customer I certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

AFAIK it's illegal without customer's written or electronic consent or if disclosure is authorized by court order.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #373 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Morph201's maturity level in posts warranted the responses.

But come on, revealing the name of the owner of the R10 is low. The JL website is just a little blurb and the email posted earlier.

I hope that anyone that reads about this can piece together the information and come to the right conclusion.

agreed.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #374 of 626
there really isn't any general privacy laws that apply to the internet. how information you submit is used is almost entirely dictated by the privacy terms of that particular web site.

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #375 of 626
Thanks for everyones support. In my wildest dreams I never expected this issue to become such a raging topic on Headfi. My intention was only to make the community aware of what had taken place. Yes, I fully expected JL to take a hit with this. They deserved to for how horribly they treated me(and my R10s). But not to this degree. Watching the community process this I realized that I haven't been nearly as upset as some of the members with what happened to me. Well, it's fair to say JL's decision to post my name in their rantings certainly doesn't make me happy. This was a super unprofessional move that doesn't remotely seem to help their case or their business. Jennifer's response is reminding me of the famous "Who stole the strawberrys?" scene in Citizen Kane. It's just becoming sheer madness. I can't even begin to think how someone seemingly so intelligent could misread a situation so badly. JL has created and subsequently perpetuated this entire tragedy on themselves. I suggest they avoid opening a PR agency any time soon. Again, thanks for everyones support. Glad to be able to liven up the board with my arrival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back