Jecklin Float Owners Headcount - fuglyphones owners unite
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #136 of 175
Anyone else wants to post some pictures?
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #141 of 175
I have a Jecklin Float 2. They have also been recabled with Mogami cable with nylon sleeving and switchcraft jack. wondering if anyone else has tried this, what did you think if you did?

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #142 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots of people wear their floats really far forward. Or maybe I have a gargantuan head.

I try to position it based off of a combination of frequency response and soundstage but in the picture it might have slipped forward a bit.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #143 of 175
Just thought I would share some pics of mine pre-refurb. I'll be getting in touch with Westerwelle in the next few days after having my emails ignored by Sugden (although they would only be shipping to the continent anyway so I'm no worse off I guess). These were Originally my Grandfathers who has since passed (and missed). My Grandmother is still going strong and brought these down for me when she came to meet our 1 month old Son. I remember my Brother and I playing Star Wars and pretending to be Lobot while wearing these. Little did I know 25 years later I would be spending time and money to restore them to former glory !

So here are some pics. As you will see they are looking massively sorry for themselves at the moment
frown.gif

SNV30376.jpg

SNV30375.jpg

SNV30373.jpg

SNV30372.jpg

Anyone have an idea of what they might cost to get fully restored ? Just to soften the blow
duggehsmile.png

May 12, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #144 of 175
I've just finished re-covering my Float 2's - I purchased a foam kit from Tivoli Hifi in Melbourne (Australia).  I purchased the kit last year, I think it was about $35 or so - I could check with them if you like.  The foams all seem original, like they're orignal Jeklin parts - it even has properly cut top-side foam.

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #145 of 175
Float Model Two here.

I see your's floaters are aging with you guys, as do mine. Making the foam obsolete and letting through those high notes more easily to my old ears. Sorry no pictures, I would have to shower for a week if I tried them on.

I'm currently on the LCD-2 waiting list. 15-20 year from now I'll be surprised if there is not popping up cult groups theming these cans to. "Ha, look at that moron with 0.55 kilo speakers on his head".
wink.gif

...what we do for the pleasure of great sound.

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #147 of 175
Hello, my name is trondareo and I am a Jecklin user -there, I said it.

Newly restored Model 2

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #150 of 175
All species love Jecklin Float Electrostats!

DSC03356S.jpg

DSC03354S1.jpg

DSC03353S.jpg

I really can't understand why you think that they are ugly...they are simply functional. Aren't you interested in listening to music? I you are, i don't think that i have found anything that reproduces music better than the J.F. Electrostats. It is also, as far as i know, the only headphone that has been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art, N.Y.

Since the pictures above was taken i have totally renovated the 'stats with new membranes and internal dustcovers and new foam pads.

The cat has grown a bit and has now found new places to sleep.

IMG_0310F.jpg

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back